• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
xKaros

"PlayStation 4.5"

37 posts in this topic

Just saw this myself. Not surprised by this really with the VR headset coming out to offer a PS4 with more muscle. I don't see this as been that good a thing though as this console will likely cost way more and would be mostly pointless for people who don't have a 4K TV in their living room.

Another guy's take on it.

It's a PC.

Personal console.

Aren't you glad to join the master race ?

"Hey mark ! What CPU do you have in your Play station ?"

"AMD 9590 on my AM3+ chipset. Why ?"

"Isn't it overheating like hell ?"

"Yea I installed a custom water loop yesterday because it's a 125W CPU"

"I prefer my intel i7-5820K Haswell because it's a bit faster and my motherboard that came with it supports more PCI-E extensions slots"

"Cool, I don't intend to run my GPU on Cross-fire so one PCI-E x16 slot is all I need for my Play station"

"If you say so, how is your RAM doing on your play station 4 ?"

"I'm fine, I just upgraded to 16gb on a quad channel DDR3L on 1600mhz"

"Nice, I only have 8gb because I have to eat"

It's a PC.

Personal console.

Aren't you glad to join the master race ?

Bold claim.

If it's anything like I think it is, it'll probably be like what Nintendo have been doing for years with their line of handhelds, were they released new models of the same device, but with more superior hardware. I just hope they don't go full on Nintendo by releasing titles exclusively to the newer system, if they do, that (in my opinion) would be harsh on those who have recently bought a PS4, only PlayStation purists and Sony Ponies will support/defend that sort of BS.

My ps4 is not even a year old yet. I get it, coming into this generation of consoles late because of money. I hope this does not scerw things up and divide us as gamers.

If it's anything like I think it is, it'll probably be like what Nintendo have been doing for years with their line of handhelds, were they released new models of the same device, but with more superior hardware. I just hope they don't go full on Nintendo by releasing titles exclusively to the newer system, if they do, that (in my opinion) would be harsh on those who have recently bought a PS4, only PlayStation purists and Sony Ponies will support/defend that sort of BS.

Sega did something like this with sega genesis

Honestly, while everyone is going for this reaching fruit... it most likely the low reaching fruit.

So... gonna blow your minds.

Have you tried to sit back and consider it's simply just a PS4 Slim? Seeing how Sony loves to do that near mid-life of a console?

Also that every Slim version always gets a slight power boost, but never to the point of needing new hardware?

Did we all forget this fact?

As someone who does not have room for a console it is pretty meaningless to me but if you want 4k on console I suppose it is good news, assuming the gaming devs put 4k support into their games to make it worthwhile.

As someone who does not have room for a console it is pretty meaningless to me but if you want 4k on console I suppose it is good news, assuming the gaming devs put 4k support into their games to make it worthwhile.

I know many people are assuming it'll support 4k games. But it seems more realistic that what it'll do is correctly upscale games to 4k screens. As a 4k tv owner my tv already corrects it to the best of it's abilities. But there are still issues with it. My guess is with both systems scaling it'll make it a smoother 4k experience. That's my take... I could be wrong.

Lets put it like this since I pretty much know the costs of 4k.

Guys 4k gaming is not that cheap. Imagine that for 4k you need like a gtx 980 which is like 500 dollars. Not to mention a very good cpu that will not bottleneck a card(definetly not an amd, at least not now). A good intel that will not bottleneck the gpu will be like 300 dollars or so.

Now if amd somehow manages to pull this shit off(although doing all of this into an apu is pretty much impossible) good for them. If they make the parts separate, it may work, and the key word here is may. Because while amd gpus are pretty darn good, their cpus are kinda shit.

Even so it will still cost like 1000 dollars or so, and imo you can get a PC for that cash which you can do much more with(yes including 4k).

WITHASTICK likes this

It's highly unlikely that they will release a new PS4 with better cooling, since games would not be able to distinguish between the two and old hardware would fry like a chicken. Also while overclock would add some hidden power to the console, it is no magic. IT will not allow it to run 4k games.

I'm going to put my money on the external VR box that will allow PS4 to produce 60-90 fps on 1080p.

External GPU support maybe. Devs would be forced to develop games for the weak PS4 hardware, and just make them run "better, faster, stronger" on E-GPU. That would be dump though because I can't imagine console players plugging in their graphics into external PCI-E x16 slots via thunder connector.

Lets put it like this since I pretty much know the costs of 4k.

Guys 4k gaming is not that cheap. Imagine that for 4k you need like a gtx 980 which is like 500 dollars. Not to mention a very good cpu that will not bottleneck a card(definetly not an amd, at least not now). A good intel that will not bottleneck the gpu will be like 300 dollars or so.

Now if amd somehow manages to pull this shit off(although doing all of this into an apu is pretty much impossible) good for them. If they make the parts separate, it may work, and the key word here is may. Because while amd gpus are pretty darn good, their cpus are kinda shit.

Even so it will still cost like 1000 dollars or so, and imo you can get a PC for that cash which you can do much more with(yes including 4k).

That's why I think it'll most likely scaling up properly rather than true rendering.

Even so. I dont see how are they gonna hit that 90 fps necessary for VR. From what I heard everything below 90 fps gives you terrible nausea and motion sickness.

Even so. I dont see how are they gonna hit that 90 fps necessary for VR. From what I heard everything below 90 fps gives you terrible nausea and motion sickness.

VR as very little to do with this. Yes in the "leak" reports they say there will be a performance boost which we all can guess are really meant for VR. But that boost can't really be that big. Which means whatever fps they have to hit for PSVR has to already be reached on current PS4's. Meaning that has very little to do with 4.5 in a general sense.

Side Note: And from people who've used PSVR says it hits those marks. How it does it? We'll have to see. And how it'll hold up outside of controlled environments (Let's be honest all demos of any kind are conducted in controlled environments for the top performance), that as well will have to be seen.

If we want to talk about PSVR more, please do so here: http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/topic/33813-playstation-vr-pricereleasegeneral-information/

likes this

On 3/22/2016 at 9:03 PM, WITHASTICK said:

I know many people are assuming it'll support 4k games. But it seems more realistic that what it'll do is correctly upscale games to 4k screens. As a 4k tv owner my tv already corrects it to the best of it's abilities. But there are still issues with it. My guess is with both systems scaling it'll make it a smoother 4k experience. That's my take... I could be wrong.

If that is the case then it may be worthwhile to some who are having major issues with the upscale.

I think the only concern I have is the idea that games are being made for PS4.5. Those early adopters or just everyone else who bought a console, are we screwed?

On 3/24/2016 at 1:54 AM, WITHASTICK said:

I don't believe one minute that this is 400 dollars.

If it is 400 it means that it's indeed upscaled 4k(just like dsr is doing on pc). 

52 minutes ago, Raspharus said:

I don't believe one minute that this is 400 dollars.

If it is 400 it means that it's indeed upscaled 4k(just like dsr is doing on pc). 

Because it is upscaling... Name me 1 game that can render at 4k. Even on PC, and don't say "Well Star Citizen can-..." does it exist? No.

No where in these leaks does it ever say render games, always says "support" which can mean fuck all anything. The masses you just think it means it'll render 4k games, which can not be done.

1 hour ago, WITHASTICK said:

Because it is upscaling... Name me 1 game that can render at 4k. Even on PC, and don't say "Well Star Citizen can-..." does it exist? No.

No where in these leaks does it ever say render games, always says "support" which can mean fuck all anything. The masses you just think it means it'll render 4k games, which can not be done.

The pc does actually render 4k games. Sure you need like 600 dollars graphics cards and a very good gpu, but 4k(and even 60 fps) is possible on PC with the 980ti/fury x/titan x.

But then again. A titan x(one gpu) costs like what? 1500 dollars. Not to count the rest. 

its a (P)ersonal (C)onsole cause the X1 and PS4 are the first consoles ever  with a x86/64 (P)ersonal (C)omputer architecture.

any other console in past (except xbox 2000) was based on the RISC architecture, mainly powerd by an IBM CPU UNIT.

btw. any smart phone ARM is also based on the RISC architecture.

Reduced Instruction Set Computing

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reduced_instruction_set_computing

...the general concept is that of a system that uses a small, highly optimized set of instructions, rather than a more versatile set of instructions

It's all speculation, but Digital Foundry have a video talking about what we may expect from Sony with the potential "mid-generation" PS4 upgrade.

If it TRULY is $400, then I would most likely buy it. I personally feel it is going to be a "slim" version of a 1st-gen PS4. If it honestly does have more powerful hardware, then they should allow you to trade in your old PS4 and get a reasonable discount. I would buy it (unless it is more than $400, or if it comes with the VR headset).