• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Legolas_Katarn

The Division Angry Review

45 posts in this topic

Jim Sterling and Killscreendaily attracted the usual angry reactionary crowd by giving the game a score of 6.5 and 5 and have had people calling them "anti-gamers" for giving low scores, this review might just be too much for them to to handle.

MS06S Red Comet likes this

I guess I was right on the money with my review, one of the reason why I watch Angry Joe's reviews is because his opinions of games are usually the ones I have too.

I actually disagreed with some of Joe's opinions, and noticed some things that were outright wrong (nothing that should impact anyone's opinion of the game at all.) Given how they made the PvP much worse since the beta, and the limited amount of content at the moment I'm probably still not going to buy it.

I guess my prediction came true... The instant he first described it as average on Twitch I immediately knew it was going to get a score of 5/10. Which honestly does disappoint me. This is the first time I find myself actually disagreeing with one of Joe's reviews. For a number of reasons, because I want to at least be fair with why I say this.

1: He bashed the story hard, in a "not-so-fair" way. Unless he decided to make a new character while he wasn't streaming, anyone who watched him on Twitch could see that with the group consistently just rushing through things, the story obviously lost a good chunk of its effect. If we are in fact looking to use Destiny to compare this game with, which he was also doing, I'm truly confused that he would literally give the exact same reaction for the game's characters that he did for Destiny; "You don't remember anyone's name." FALSE. I'm sorry, this is perhaps the only time in which Joe just wasn't being fair. There are plenty of people who can name the characters simply because, UNLIKE DESTINY, you actually had a good deal of legitimate interaction and voice acting with each of them. Jess, Paul and Benitez were all done well and each had a well defined and properly portrayed character design with matching personalities that were easily distinguishable. That's not an opinion, that's pure fact.

Seriously, because bare in mind, he scored The Division LOWER than Destiny. I literally cared nothing at all for any of the characters in that game because they were all basically stupid vendors. That's it. I didn't even read any of their dialogue because, for a AAA game in this day and age, I expect some god damn voice acting. Meanwhile, The Division had loads of this by comparison. And I agree with Joe that credit should be given where credit is due, so why in the hell was it the absolute opposite here?

And with regards to potential? Yes, Destiny had a great deal of potential thanks to the efforts of Joseph Staten, potential that was ultimately wasted. But I fail to see why this game somehow lacks the same potential. The mission you unlock AFTER beating Bliss, "Unknown Signal", does in fact set things up for them to do soooooo much with this game in terms of possibilities. Like, zombies or something close to it actually becoming a thing. Aaron Keener is introduced gradually to you in the missions, revealing him to be the game's true antagonist while Bliss was simply just his puppet. In Destiny? You get none of this. Literally. You kill the Black Heart and then nothing. There's a speech given by the Speaker who has got to be one of the most annoying and useless characters ever in gaming, and then miss "I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain" who shows up at the end and still gives ZERO answers. Let's be real here, the story in Destiny was literally non-existent, it was 80% left up to the player's imagination and that number is me being generous.

2: This consistent hate on the clothing is getting old... While Joe was funny as always with it in his review, its just super friggen misleading to play it off like you're putting in so much effort into killing something only to get a stupid piece of clothing. I have NEVER received a clothing item from any named enemy. In fact I always end up getting purples. You get clothing in this game so ridiculously easy too, and to be frank my guy looks like a badass. All I seriously ended up doing was taking off the coat and using a Tactical Layer which gives my guy the appearance of a Section 9 operative from Ghost in the Shell. The Appearance crap is 100% optional, you can just remove all of it so that only your equipped armor is showing instead which Joe commented saying you couldn't do for some reason. I guess because he thought that the coat covered the armor.

Or how about some mention that literally every piece of loot you get in this game serves some sort of purpose and has some kind of value to it? Whether its stocking up on useful items for yourself or to give to NPCs, or simply breaking them down into raw materials used for the game's Crafting System.

I don't know, I just feel like Joe was overly bias on this one. He said he really wanted to give it the same score as Destiny for the sake of others who were comparing the two, but I would have much rather he judge it based upon its own merits instead. I mean, yeah, if you wanted to get technical about it if you matched Vanilla Destiny at release with The Division at release, its painfully obvious that just by comparison alone The Division should have been higher. But let's be fair, though. The crybabies dealt a serious blow to the game's PvP because the Dark Zone really is crazy punishing. I'm DZ Level 30 and I've been playing the game completely solo. (I found the experience more enjoyable solo. If I can't enjoy something by myself then its a shitty game, you should never have to NEED friends playing in order to have fun with something) I agree 100% with Delrith with regards to how stupidly pointless it is to go Rogue. Hell, its frustrating enough as is getting killed by the enemies. I had a group spawn in on me and I died, setting me back by an hour. And I'm the sort of person who HATES having their time wasted. LOSING hours of work for a single death is not okay with me. Ever.

That being said, Destiny had shit for PvE but was held up by its PvP. Meanwhile, The Division is like the polar opposite, its PvE is great but the PvP is severely lacking. In which case, yeah it would be more correct to have given at LEAST a 6/10. Me and my lot consider it a 7/10 because there's just more value here than there ever has been with Destiny in terms of what you paid for.

Its not just Joe, either. You see a lot of reviewers giving this game poor scores. Like Jesus fucking Christ, man. THIS is why we can't have nice things. Because they either get shit on right out of the fucking gate or they aren't like the exact same copy/paste formula being used by other games. And other people are hating on this game for even LESS reasons than what Joe gave, we're talking straight up ridiculous bullshit. Some people are taking a dump on it just because its from Ubisoft and no other reason.

Damn... Sorry, didn't mean for this to transform into a rant. -_-

fuzzypanda, Rain and Dyzzles like this

Meh, never had much interest in this anyway, and this confirms I would have ended up as disappointed as I expected.

EDIT:

I guess my prediction came true... The instant he first described it as average on Twitch I immediately knew it was going to get a score of 5/10. Which honestly does disappoint me. This is the first time I find myself actually disagreeing with one of Joe's reviews. For a number of reasons, because I want to at least be fair with why I say this.

1: He bashed the story hard, in a "not-so-fair" way. Unless he decided to make a new character while he wasn't streaming, anyone who watched him on Twitch could see that with the group consistently just rushing through things, the story obviously lost a good chunk of its effect. If we are in fact looking to use Destiny to compare this game with, which he was also doing, I'm truly confused that he would literally give the exact same reaction for the game's characters that he did for Destiny; "You don't remember anyone's name." FALSE. I'm sorry, this is perhaps the only time in which Joe just wasn't being fair. There are plenty of people who can name the characters simply because, UNLIKE DESTINY, you actually had a good deal of legitimate interaction and voice acting with each of them. Jess, Paul and Benitez were all done well and each had a well defined and properly portrayed character design with matching personalities that were easily distinguishable. That's not an opinion, that's pure fact.

Seriously, because bare in mind, he scored The Division LOWER than Destiny. I literally cared nothing at all for any of the characters in that game because they were all basically stupid vendors. That's it. I didn't even read any of their dialogue because, for a AAA game in this day and age, I expect some god damn voice acting. Meanwhile, The Division had loads of this by comparison. And I agree with Joe that credit should be given where credit is due, so why in the hell was it the absolute opposite here?

And with regards to potential? Yes, Destiny had a great deal of potential thanks to the efforts of Joseph Staten, potential that was ultimately wasted. But I fail to see why this game somehow lacks the same potential. The mission you unlock AFTER beating Bliss, "Unknown Signal", does in fact set things up for them to do soooooo much with this game in terms of possibilities. Like, zombies or something close to it actually becoming a thing. Aaron Keener is introduced gradually to you in the missions, revealing him to be the game's true antagonist while Bliss was simply just his puppet. In Destiny? You get none of this. Literally. You kill the Black Heart and then nothing. There's a speech given by the Speaker who has got to be one of the most annoying and useless characters ever in gaming, and then miss "I don't have time to explain why I don't have time to explain" who shows up at the end and still gives ZERO answers. Let's be real here, the story in Destiny was literally non-existent, it was 80% left up to the player's imagination and that number is me being generous.

2: This consistent hate on the clothing is getting old... While Joe was funny as always with it in his review, its just super friggen misleading to play it off like you're putting in so much effort into killing something only to get a stupid piece of clothing. I have NEVER received a clothing item from any named enemy. In fact I always end up getting purples. You get clothing in this game so ridiculously easy too, and to be frank my guy looks like a badass. All I seriously ended up doing was taking off the coat and using a Tactical Layer which gives my guy the appearance of a Section 9 operative from Ghost in the Shell. The Appearance crap is 100% optional, you can just remove all of it so that only your equipped armor is showing instead which Joe commented saying you couldn't do for some reason. I guess because he thought that the coat covered the armor.

Or how about some mention that literally every piece of loot you get in this game serves some sort of purpose and has some kind of value to it? Whether its stocking up on useful items for yourself or to give to NPCs, or simply breaking them down into raw materials used for the game's Crafting System.

I don't know, I just feel like Joe was overly bias on this one. He said he really wanted to give it the same score as Destiny for the sake of others who were comparing the two, but I would have much rather he judge it based upon its own merits instead. I mean, yeah, if you wanted to get technical about it if you matched Vanilla Destiny at release with The Division at release, its painfully obvious that just by comparison alone The Division should have been higher. But let's be fair, though. The crybabies dealt a serious blow to the game's PvP because the Dark Zone really is crazy punishing. I'm DZ Level 30 and I've been playing the game completely solo. (I found the experience more enjoyable solo. If I can't enjoy something by myself then its a shitty game, you should never have to NEED friends playing in order to have fun with something) I agree 100% with Delrith with regards to how stupidly pointless it is to go Rogue. Hell, its frustrating enough as is getting killed by the enemies. I had a group spawn in on me and I died, setting me back by an hour. And I'm the sort of person who HATES having their time wasted. LOSING hours of work for a single death is not okay with me. Ever.

That being said, Destiny had shit for PvE but was held up by its PvP. Meanwhile, The Division is like the polar opposite, its PvE is great but the PvP is severely lacking. In which case, yeah it would be more correct to have given at LEAST a 6/10. Me and my lot consider it a 7/10 because there's just more value here than there ever has been with Destiny in terms of what you paid for.

Its not just Joe, either. You see a lot of reviewers giving this game poor scores. Like Jesus fucking Christ, man. THIS is why we can't have nice things. Because they either get shit on right out of the fucking gate or they aren't like the exact same copy/paste formula being used by other games. And other people are hating on this game for even LESS reasons than what Joe gave, we're talking straight up ridiculous bullshit. Some people are taking a dump on it just because its from Ubisoft and no other reason.

Damn... Sorry, didn't mean for this to transform into a rant.  -_-

Having read this, maybe I'll give it more thought, but I'll wait for patches and a price drop I think.

Malphisto likes this

After playing only afew hours at this point I feel like I just wan't to go back to Destiny, It just seems to suit this format better. 

After playing only afew hours at this point I feel like I just wan't to go back to Destiny, It just seems to suit this format better. 

Do wahat you want i would rather impail myself, the only mmo that i am anticipateing is ethereal crusade, i will get division at some point if there is one thing i am sure about joe is smart buutt. I played the order yes i know to be honest the price i payed was sufficient and hell easy trophies but the game should have had co op to extend life 7 out of 10 luckily  i can get my money back thanks to gamestops offer. Hell if you see enjoyment in destiny i envy you three times i tryed no more.

I wanted this game to be good but problem  like they say the city is under siege where the steets are empty i would rather armies clashing in the steets but hay i will get once a sale or price drop 

Do wahat you want i would rather impail myself, the only mmo that i am anticipateing is ethereal crusade, i will get division at some point if there is one thing i am sure about joe is smart buutt. I played the order yes i know to be honest the price i payed was sufficient and hell easy trophies but the game should have had co op to extend life 7 out of 10 luckily  i can get my money back thanks to gamestops offer. Hell if you see enjoyment in destiny i envy you three times i tryed no more.

I wanted this game to be good but problem  like they say the city is under siege where the steets are empty i would rather armies clashing in the steets but hay i will get once a sale or price drop 

Ok, calm the fuck down and.... maybe proof read you post.

WITHASTICK and like this

Thanks god i did not pay a dime, i got it for free  :lol: and paying that season pass in this case will be entirely normal for me to do as for any games, that i think is worth it. 

Didnt watch review yet. And I only played the game for like a couple hours... But so far it didnt seem bad. It performed and looked good on my fairly old pc. The gunplay was fine, etc.

I need to play more though. Problem is im juat not in a fps/tps mood atm.

Only thing I hate about this game is the combat and enemies being like sponges. Yea sure, you could say it's mmoRPG, but you can do it much better than unloading your entire clip in them. I mean I can take that shit in fantasy or scifi MMOs, but here...I mean a game that tries to add this realistic atmosphere and feel and then like Delrith at 20:40 just fuckin goes in front of 5 people, takes 1000 bullets while the enemy needs also a 100 to die. Like shit...you serious? I thought this game was supposed to be some immersive shit. It feels like a giant COOP game instead and not an MMO.

And that final boss...the helicopter....that's just absurd LOL. Feels like those old classic games from 80s that were supposed to be unrealistic as fuck. A helicopter was their best, huh?

I've been enjoying it thus far. I'm with Joe on the fact that the game should have started with you being part of the first wave or even one of the ones that was activated asap and was only monitoring at the hospitals and clinics. All the really cool shit does go down well before you actually get the call. If you want the whole story of what's going on, you have to get at least 75 percent of the collectables that tell what happened during the firs days and the first wave. And knowing how Joe plays, he probably did rush on through and not read most of it, he does read story stuff, he has no problem but I've never seen him delve into collections and that's where most of it is. I have yet to finish the game, I'm on the LMB now, so got a little spoiler when he showed the final boss, wasn't happy they pulled a Commercial for season pass at the end though. I fucking hate when you beat a game, instead of going right on in, they throw a advertisement message from the devs. But leave it to Ubisoft to do that shit. I left a comment on the video talking about the things I loved thus far about the game. It's enjoyable and fun to play and a great game for friends. I'm still bummed about all the things they promised and showed off and honestly I feel they lied to Joe during interviews to basically use him a hype man. Cause man was he hyped after the interviews and supposed gameplay footage. I honestly don't know if they were going for more then they could chew in the end, or they outright lie to get preorder sales. Again, with Ubisoft it's most likely the latter. Also I like how they did the PvP. If your going to be a bad guy, and that's what going rogue is, then you should get hit hard for being a bad guy. But not that hard, I heard you loose a dark zone level but loosing several is a bit excessive. Maybe make the amount dependent on how many agents you kill rather then hitting you with a mack truck. And yeah, I was there for beta. I know how much bullshit asshats did during the beta, so there is plenty of reason why they did what they did. From assholes forcing other players rogue, to outright blockading entrances and killing people coming and going. It was utter bullshit and griefing was rampant. So from the extreme griefing in beta to the over reacting at launch, honestly it's to early for them to find the sweet spot for PvP.

Ok, calm the fuck down and.... maybe proof read you post.

Am i was calm i was just putting my opinion out there.  Either your messing with or you are serious. Thanks for suggesting proof reading though

Only thing I hate about this game is the combat and enemies being like sponges. Yea sure, you could say it's mmoRPG, but you can do it much better than unloading your entire clip in them. I mean I can take that shit in fantasy or scifi MMOs, but here...I mean a game that tries to add this realistic atmosphere and feel and then like Delrith at 20:40 just fuckin goes in front of 5 people, takes 1000 bullets while the enemy needs also a 100 to die. Like shit...you serious? I thought this game was supposed to be some immersive shit. It feels like a giant COOP game instead and not an MMO.

And that final boss...the helicopter....that's just absurd LOL. Feels like those old classic games from 80s that were supposed to be unrealistic as fuck. A helicopter was their best, huh?

Whats wrong with ubisoft why can't they listen to us gamers are they deaf. Whats so hard for them understand that they need more creative people.

Glad once again that i did not buy this

I've saved 60$ for something else that is better/good

mh468o5.gif

Shagger likes this

mh468o5.gif

Well fuck these assholes and their greedy pieces of shit.

I agree with em on the fact that it is an average game as it stands now. Hopefully with some balancing tweaks it will make it slightly above average. That said I'm liking it so far when I got my friends online. Solo the game can get boring real quick... It's a lot like Destiny in that regard.

Purchase highend backpack blueprint
Craft backpack
Purchase highend kneepad blueprint
Craft kneepads
Join a friends group in darkzone
Get ported to darkzone entrance

At this point, I could see my gun on my back but upon entering the darkzone my items were lost. I am not certain if they were already missing at the darkzone entrance. I attempted to relog after equipping a different backpack, kneepads, and weapon. I was then stuck at the connect screen. That said, if you intend to continue crafting highend armor, try and do some solo activities before entering darkzone or joining a group.

this what happened to me and i found some other ppl on the forums with this problem and if i have to restart my character or wait till april when the next update comes to play im done playing the division and any other ubisoft game that comes out

QC9vKJ8.jpg

"Bitches love the Angry Joe Show!"

I really hope this image isn't as massive as it appears on my browser right now, if it does then I apologize. My puppy jumps up onto my lap and laptop to lay down and watch Angry Joe tear open Tom Clancy's The Division

Crazycrab likes this

I enjoy the actually gameplay more than him but have more problems with the game's empty city, terrible politics, and the cover system is terrible (I don't know why more people don't talk about this in detail). I did buy the game on sale though, and with GMG credit.

Killzone likes this

mh468o5.gif

Liking for that gif. That is a great gift to the world.

undeadslayer4 likes this

I enjoy the actually gameplay more than him but have more problems with the game's empty city, terrible politics, and the cover system is terrible (I don't know why more people don't talk about this in detail). I did buy the game on sale though, and with GMG credit.

And wtf is the rolling grenade from the E3 trailer and are you still able to close car doors???

Liking for that gif. That is a great gift to the world.

Btw, how do you make gifs in the first place??

Btw, how do you make gifs in the first place??

Websites like imgur provide web tools, but I'm not exactly sure how it works. One probably has to have a raw video file of said clip then use the tool to convert it.

undeadslayer4 likes this