• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Jitterdoomer

Bandai Namco, the very good company I should trust.

27 posts in this topic

Bandai Namco is famous for their Tekken, Dark Souls, and Soul series. Other than these three games, they made games based on the Japanese Animes and Tokusatsus on the PC, Consoles, and Arcade games. One game that didn't mention on this forum is Taiko no Tatsujin, which is a rhythm game popular in Japan where you play your favorite J-Pop and Anime songs using a taiko drum, which is what made Bandai Namco very popular in Japan while they made Idolmaster which was a Japan-only Anime. Bandai Namco really loves making games based on a popular Japanese idols like AKB48 and Momoiro Clover Z.

Overall, Bandai Namco is way better than Ubisoft, Activision, and EA because their games cater to the fanbase and the Anime and Tokusatsu fans.

Even more the reason to not let them get away with bs. Be very harsh with them so they don't turn into an EA, Ubisoft, etc. If Dark Souls 3 is bad stop buying their games until they make another good one.

No matter what developer, you should not trust them

Glaice likes this

Overall, Bandai Namco is way better than Ubisoft, Activision, and EA because their games cater to the fanbase and the Anime and Tokusatsu fans.

So your reason for trusting Bandai Namco over these other developers isn't because they make good games, which they do sometimes, but because they make games that cater to a fanbase?

Are you not aware that Ubisoft made a Naruto game?

Also, Bandai Namco has made some pretty crappy PC Ports:

Not to mention they're also guilty of this:

What I'm talking about is Arcade Games not console and PC games. The Naruto games are now made by Cyberconnect2

What I'm talking about is Arcade Games not console and PC games. The Naruto games are now made by Cyberconnect2

Bandai Namco is famous for their Tekken, Dark Souls, and Soul series. Other than these three games, they made games based on the Japanese Animes and Tokusatsus on the PC, Consoles, and Arcade games. One game that didn't mention on this forum is Taiko no Tatsujin, which is a rhythm game popular in Japan where you play your favorite J-Pop and Anime songs using a taiko drum, which is what made Bandai Namco very popular in Japan while they made Idolmaster which was a Japan-only Anime. Bandai Namco really loves making games based on a popular Japanese idols like AKB48 and Momoiro Clover Z.

You were saying? The only time you mentioned arcade games was that one sentence, together with PC and console games.

Bandai Namco can do all those because they're in Japan. It's easier for them to get the license for those properties.

My biggest issue with Bandai Namco is that I have had a glitched achievement called "Rainbows Form in Your Eyes" which unlocks after maximizing friendship with each master. (Each time you finish their training you get an achievement for it) I finished every mission with a Z rank with every master, including the DLC ones, which is max rank. It showed that I only unlocked 97% of this achievement. I went through several troubleshooting tips with Microsoft over the phone that did not solve the issue. Finally after a week and several follow up phone calls from Microsoft they pushed me up to someone that knew a little more apparently and they said that I would need to contact the publisher. Their phone number is only for warranty information and returns so they refuse to answer any questions regarding games. I had to email them and wait 4 days for a response each time. Each troubleshooting tip they sent me were literally word for word copy and paste solutions from "http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/games/troubleshoot-achievemets-challenges."  After I finally told them off about their lack of insight and wasting my time with simple solutions that were easily found through a simple Google search they proceeded to tell me to either start the entire game over to redo it and that it could not be recreated by their team so it couldn't be a problem on their end. The achievement should have popped at the beginning of February but didn't show up until early March but is date stamped on February 16th. Now there is the issue of the achievement  " If You Show Me Your CourageIt is a simple 0G achievement that is for unlocking all other achievements. Anyone can feel free to search my gamertag on Xbox Live or TrueAchievements and look that I have 49 out of 50. I suppose that on this one I just have to hope it decides to automatically unlock at some point in the future.

What I'm talking about is Arcade Games not console and PC games.

So you're saying that they are a company people should trust but you are only bothering to talk about arcade games and ignoring the things they have done on consoles and PC? Isn't that like saying everyone should trust Konami because they make good pachinko machines?

So you're saying that they are a company people should trust but you are only bothering to talk about arcade games and ignoring the things they have done on consoles and PC? Isn't that like saying everyone should trust Konami because they make good pachinko machines?

Yes.

Except fromsoft made the souls series, not bamco. I'm sure other examples are ones where they are merely the publisher too.

Also Namco made xenosaga, which was great... but they decided to fuck around with episode 2, and though I enjoyed 2 as well, it made their sales tank to no ones surprise, so they decided to rush job the whole series for 3 and end it as is instead of giving us the 6 episode thing that was promised. My point is you shouldn't trust or disturst something on names alone, everyone can make mistakes, and even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Mr_E_Meatshield and Zieglobaz like this

Except fromsoft made the souls series, not bamco. I'm sure other examples are ones where they are merely the publisher too.

If people are blaming EA for stuff they were publishers on, don't see why this case is different.

Here's the gameplay video of Taiko no Tatsujin, an underrated arcade game that was later ported to Wii U:

If people are blaming EA for stuff they were publishers on, don't see why this case is different.

Frankly I don't really know any games EA published that I played recently, most don't really interest me. But I'll just assume you said the same thing only with Activision instead. With Activision, you can clearly see the developers they 'buy out' and become publishers for kinda..well.. yeah. Bamco may theoretically improve developers that they are affiliated with, it's true, but I think the thing is it's really a mystery how much a publisher affects the developer and vice versa. Activision IMO kinda proved that they can make good names rot, and bamco imo hasn't really proved to affect developers in a positive or negative light imo.

Frankly I don't really know any games EA published that I played recently, most don't really interest me. But I'll just assume you said the same thing only with Activision instead. With Activision, you can clearly see the developers they 'buy out' and become publishers for kinda..well.. yeah. Bamco may theoretically improve developers that they are affiliated with, it's true, but I think the thing is it's really a mystery how much a publisher affects the developer and vice versa. Activision IMO kinda proved that they can make good names rot, and bamco imo hasn't really proved to affect developers in a positive or negative light imo.

Either way, Bamco, as far as PC's go at least, have proven to have missteps. I.E. Tales of Symphonia Port.

Bandai Namco killed Hellgate London, Tekken 6 was meh and the first Dark Souls port was horrible. Reason enough for me not to trust them.

You should check this out, it's a fun and crazy game but only in Japan but made by Bamco themselves:

There's a Dead Escape 4D game that based on a highly successful Japanese Idols in Japan:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PEbSH_2zGY

For Toku fans like MadDemon64:

Bandai Namco killed Hellgate London

So that's why i can't find the game anymore

So that's why i can't find the game anymore

Well there was Hellgate Global which included Stonehedge, Abyss and Japan Addon for free (f2p) but got killed by namco bandai too. The servers were well populated. The only option left is to play Hellgate Resurrection, which is the Single Player Version of it but it hasn't the Add-ons.

You should check this out, it's a fun and crazy game but only in Japan but made by Bamco themselves:

There's a Dead Escape 4D game that based on a highly successful Japanese Idols in Japan:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=PEbSH_2zGY

For Toku fans like MadDemon64:

Out of curiosity, have you personally played any of these?

Well I haven't played it yet but I should import the Kamen Rider game for PS4 when I had a chance since the PS4 is region free. As for AKB48 one, it's the sane as Dead Escape 4D but with a rhythm minigame where you move the gun left or right or the middle button in the corresponding movements and button show on the screen. Due to Youtube Red, I can't able to show the full gameplay because the search bar doesn't let me give me a result to look for the gameplay vids of this game because it's been blocked in the US. You should able to Youtube search: セーラーゾンビAC (just copy and paste it).

The third video, you need to buy a Super Sentai Dice-O cards to assemble your Sentai teams in order to play that game.

Eh, Bandai Namco fucked up the Tales of Symphonia port for PC, so why should I care for them?

Also Bandai clearly has no clue what makes Dark Souls popular and when they're in charge they focus purely on the crushing "Prepare to die" difficulty. Oh hello, Dark Souls 2....

I just want them to have CyberConnect2 localize .Hack for western players again, I care for nothing else.

I can't respect a company who doesn't respect their PC ports. Sorry.

Glaice likes this

3 hours ago, Jayson's Rage said:

I can't respect a company who doesn't respect their PC ports. Sorry.

So 90% of all AAA companies then?