• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

undeadslayer4

Has EA gotten any better?

16 posts in this topic

So from what i heard there's used to be a CEO in EA that didn't care about anyone and only cared about money. Now that he has been fired and 3 years has past still no improvement. Does it take time for them to recover cause I heard now that people now want to work there. Which i keep asking myself why would that even happen????

In some ways they've gotten better, in other not so much. They offered great post launch support on games like Titanfall and there haven't been any launch disasters of the kind of scale BF4's was, but there has been a bigger inclusion of microtransactions in their AAA console and PC titles and I would say the actual quality of the games they've been putting out, with the exception of Dragon Age: Inquisition, hasn't been that great.

Overall, they haven't stood out for the wrong reasons as much and I think they are trying to better themselves and their reputation, but there's a long way to go.

ProdiGY_DE and Raspharus like this

There have been some improvements, but still take everything they talk about with a grain of salt. Too easy for them to just go back to old habits.

*takes a look at Star Wars: Battlefront EA*

No. Can't say they have.

Mexiguy likes this

*looks at Battlefront EA, Need for Speed 2016, cancelled Night maps for Battlefield 4 because they are focussing on Battlefield 5, long ago shut down servers of Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2, Vietnam, 2142 (that still hurts), no mods allowed since Battlefield 3 and STILL no mods allowed on actual games, Origin always on DRM, Sims 4 Vanilla with less content than Sims 3 and Sims 2 Vanilla (which are selled as DLCs), the Sim City "no Offline mode possible" scandal, Account-AND Forum Bans of Players who even dare to criticize something, the upcoming Mass Effect 4 fail with tons of upcoming DLCs and the MEGA Hype that will come, etc. *

no they have not gotten any better.

Mexiguy, Glaice and Renerade like this

Ask me after Mirrors Edge Catalyst.

No, from the examples of Star Wars Battlefront and Need For Speed.

From what I have seen, yes and no, depending on the game.  Everybody here has pretty much given examples of the no, but looking at Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 and the fact that they are offering free DLC (seriously, when is the last time EA ever did anything like that) I think things might be looking up.  Or mabye it wasn't EA's decision to actually do something good for a change.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 was a step in the right direction but time will tell if that trend continues.

Overall however I don't think they have improved that much.

Nope, they are like they always have been.

greedy bastards

If EA has been improving in anything, it's their "On the House games".  Dead Space for March through May 2014, Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition for May through June 2014, Wing Commander 3 for August through September 2014, Dragon Age Origins for one week of October 2014, and now giving us a new game every month (first month notwithstanding) this year, starting with Jade Empire, then Need for Speed: Most Wanted, and they just gave us Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault today (March 25).

Even if EA's most recent games aren't quite living up to expectations, they are at least giving some older games that are still quite good, if not superior to current games.  I count that as an improvement.

Well dragon age inquisition compaired to 2 is just night and day,  but that's the most noticeable posistive note depending on the game your looking for I guess, ide say no for their release of battlefront EA, along with NFS fuck up they did, like some people have said though some of their older games like crysis 2-3 are still great IMO. Really depends what your looking for, as a WHOLE my verdict is NO

Many reasons for "no" have been given and are absolutely right.

BUT

Origin is offering a way better support than Steam has ever done and has their "on the house" games which always is a nice thing to do. 

They are still greedy and have destroyed so many good studios in the past but at least some things changed.

Raspharus likes this

Their games are nothing but DLC hubs, they still monopolise sport games, and they shut down Maxis.

No, they haven't changed.

MetGreDKo likes this

Basically what Shagger posted is where I lie on this subject.

I think they've gotten worse and they're not giving a shit