• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

Hmmmm, new forum format. Time to readjust!

42 posts in this topic

This new forum format feels really really weird. You know that feeling when you visit your home country after leaving it for years, and then everything you know completely changes? Kind of like that, but no problem. We can always readjust to this new stuff! Once we all get used to it again, we'll be back to business in no time! ^_^

it's still not finished. Some icons won't show up and the signatures are gone. I think they are still woring on it. I think that they put the HP offline again tonight.

12 minutes ago, Beatmaster A.C. said:

it's still not finished. Some icons won't show up and the signatures are gone. I think they are still woring on it. I think that they put the HP offline again tonight.

Certainly looks that way. Curious to see how the finished thing will look like.

On an unrelated note, I got a spare CD key for Adventures of Van Helsing. First come first serve!

35396-Y94MH-JADIB

I like it so far though. It's better than that vBulletin nightmare.

I like this layout more than the old one. This one looks more new and fancy. Of course, we'll hav to get used to it.

The layout is pretty nice, but it will take a while to get used to, that's definitely true. I do hope they polish it a bit more, though.

I'm using on mobile right now and I have to say that here it looks way better, more functional to.

38 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I'm using on mobile right now and I have to say that here it looks way better, more functional to.

I'm on mobile as well and while I agree it looks better, I find a few things annoy me.  For example, I can't easily find my messages or when I get notifications, and the stupid background selector (with the gears) icon blocks part of my posts as I'm typing.  My browser has also crashed a few times already when loading it. Hopefully these get ironed out soon

Looks a bit more clean in general. Only thing out of place seems the Gamertags on the left, like its cranked in there. 

For God's sake, admins please allow to turn off the " Someone comments on something I follow " options in account settings. I got like 12 emails from AJSA.

On 3/23/2016 at 8:51 AM, DemonsColt said:

For God's sake, admins please allow to turn off the " Someone comments on something I follow " options in account settings. I got like 12 emails from AJSA.

You should both be able to limit the number of daily emails and to toggle off the site notifications and email notifications for that individual setting.

Ok I've now got a HUGE complaint about the new format.  There's no border between the current posters signature and the next post, it's even worse when the previous posters signature is heavy on text.  It makes the whole thread look like one big post, it's SO confusing!

HqNHuWZ.png

Lhouraii, PlasticFrogCG and Mexiguy like this

Honestly its does look updated and better, althought its need some stuffs (like awards,member list and other decorative-useful stuffs) that was in the old version that currently not here, as you said theyre still working on it so im not worried.

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

Ok I've now got a HUGE complaint about the new format.  There's no border between the current posters signature and the next post, it's even worse when the previous posters signature is heavy on text.  It makes the whole thread look like one big post, it's SO confusing!

HqNHuWZ.png

Yeah, I hate how there is no clear separation between one post and the next.

It would be cool if everything wasn't the same shade of gray.

It would be cool if everything wasn't the same shade of gray.

Agreed, but it wasn't an issue that needed to stop us from bringing the site back. Something we will look into changing.

Ok I've now got a HUGE complaint about the new format.  There's no border between the current posters signature and the next post, it's even worse when the previous posters signature is heavy on text.

That is also something we noticed and will hopefully be able to change.

Guys you can use the other skin that makes everything look blue. Just head down the forum and select the default skin.

Mr. Molotov likes this

Ive always supported people in being "Progressive", but i also believe in "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Never the less, i'm sure (hopefully) everything will get better in time

Really disliking how the background of your post is the same shade of grey as the background on the side. Having two darker shades of grey act as a bar between the two doesn't help much.

It's probably because not everything is in yet but..

56401216.jpg

ProdiGY_DE likes this

Things I like;

• The new profile layouts. Other than the fact that script error has been fixed, the layout shows much more information and is faster to navigate.
  • The addition of the recent posts tab on the homepage
  • The overall appearance. Cleaner, less clutterd and ,more appealing oveall.

Thing I don't

• The new text insert. The bar, whilst more condensed, is boring and difficult to use. Maybe it's me, I prefer having more functions and having them displayed so I know they are there. Also, the code insert seems to have a glitch with the UI text not showing up;

1ucZ8lh.jpg

• The lack of a border between sig's and the next post that others have mentions is very confusing.

I understand that the new format could take some getting used to, but I rather like the new design.

I'm not liking the mod tools being scaled back. I can only seem to Pin, Hide and Delete topics now. It may be due to me not being a full moderator, but I would like to have the ability to Lock and Move topics again.