• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kaz32

Batman V Superman Angry review.

29 posts in this topic

They f it up, but at the same time it's a good movie. All comes down to the story of the film that brings everything down. And that awful2 Lex Luthor. URGHHH.

Conflicting emotions right here. Spoiler review and MORE rage here.

A movie review...I'll pass. >_>

Killzone likes this

I loved it in my opinion they did not f it up i could say more and i will but my score 8/10

and_here_we_go_by_kinginbros2011-d8pt50u

Really sorry here spoilers

lets start with superman death yes i was surprised but i know what coming next DARKSIDE!!!!! and superman will be bought back by batman and the gang to fight him or darkside will bring him back as an dark warrior. i understand why joe is mad but i think most of it is the fact the had superman die and doomsday. 

doomsday at first he was shit like shreck put through a lead machine but in the fight he does change and that good all spiky and shit yaa

jessies isenburg was ok but i understand the route they were going this lex is a character caught in his fathers shadow  and it hurts him he was obvisioluly shuned as a child by him and in a way he not only resents him but idilese him. yes he is not lex but its like even he knows that himself and i like that

this was my face throught the film

latest?cb=20111127113628

loved every minute i belive this film got way to harsh  a response ben afleck look the most hurt

i loved it but i know this film will spilt the internet

The movie felt so hollow. It just feels like they are going through the motion and slightly touch on every point necessary for a barebone movie. It's obvious the whole thing is only created to set up other movies. The trailer tells you the exact story in the exact order. Performance was decent for the most part, but the characters are poorly written with extremely shallow motivations. Eisenberg was the only exception. He was absolutely HORRIBLE as Lex. Snyder once again shows use that he is good at creating visuals but bad at telling a compelling story. Not helping is that many scenes seem to have been cut out creating a very roughly duct taped together movie. This is pretty much a textbook studio cashgrab creation. 

For 2 hours I was like..."WTF" or "wtf", then finally Superman pushes Batman and I'm saying "ok finally". Too much was being crammed into so little, they even did the Days of Future Past with a Batman vision..was that really necessary? I was hoping for Superman and Batman solo action with some Lex evil planning to build up to their eventual brawl, but there was only like 15 minutes of that if you even want to call it action.

Too much psychological, drama and side story that made this movie very boring because it was jumping all over the place. By the time the good parts were coming up all immersion was lost because of 1. how long it took and 2. all the final plot points were shown in the trailers. I love how the Justice League was introduced by individual 45 sec security/webcam footage...bravo I can't wait /sarcasm. DC couldn't pull Marvel introductions end of credits style even if they wanted to, there was just too much to bring to light.

Final verdict - Horribly done movie with a very good ending action wise(except like 10 city blocks appeared to have been evacuated instantaneously) and I don't really care what happens next...when is Civil War.

1 hour ago, Rain said:

Final verdict - Horribly done movie with a very good ending action wise(except like 10 city blocks appeared to have been evacuated instantaneously) and I don't really care what happens next

And they bring it up multiple times too. "Those office buildings are empty because it's night" and "That refinery / factory district is abandoned", clearly they don't want the backlash that Man of Steel got.

Also, I get that one of the things that Flash can do is go back in time. But the "vision" doesn't make sense in the movie since Flash was giving that warning in a Dream. So, how the hell does Bruce know about the Flash before he even saw the files Lex had?

Also, the fanboy in Joe shows in how he considers the first confrontation between Batman and Superman a fight. The Batmobile bumps into Supes, and crashes. Then Superman issues his warning to Batman. IT WASN'T A FIGHT JOE. If Batman intentionally bumped into Superman, like straight up ramming into him, yeah, I could see how that could be some sort of fight. But that's not what happened. Batman didn't even know Superman was going to be there, and he tried to swerve to avoid Supes. It was just Superman telling Batman to stop being Batman.

Killzone and TamaskanLEM like this

Surprised to hear that the redeeming feature of this movie, Batman, is the one of the major early complaints. I am curious to see what Ben Affleck does with the character in a stand alone movie. 

I don't even know why people complained about Batffleck. A rich, tall, square jawed white man playing a rich, tall, square jawed white man? So outrageous!!!

Ohhh my gawd this movie was so fucking boring. All that build up for a mediocre fight only to be outdone by Batman playing arkham on some goons. My saving grace was seeing Wonder Woman be a total badass and I would love to see her own movie, possibly more so than Justice League. I just hope they try to have fun with that movie than this snore fest.

16 hours ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

Also, the fanboy in Joe shows in how he considers the first confrontation between Batman and Superman a fight. The Batmobile bumps into Supes, and crashes. Then Superman issues his warning to Batman. IT WASN'T A FIGHT JOE. If Batman intentionally bumped into Superman, like straight up ramming into him, yeah, I could see how that could be some sort of fight. But that's not what happened. Batman didn't even know Superman was going to be there, and he tried to swerve to avoid Supes. It was just Superman telling Batman to stop being Batman.

Actually, Batman did swirl into Superman on purpose.

2 minutes ago, Snapplemonkey said:

Actually, Batman did swirl into Superman on purpose.

Looked more like a swerve to avoid, but did it too late so hit Supes anyway to me. Bats was still chasing that truck, turns the corner, sees Superman, get surprised, and tries to swerve away as not to hit him so he can keep going after the truck.

Just now, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

Looked more like a swerve to avoid, but did it too late so hit Supes anyway to me.

Naw, he was already turning the corner, but when he saw Superman he went for it. Luckily it's one of the scenes that are in one of the trailers, so it's easily re-watchable. However I do agree with you, that wasn't really a fight, even if he hit Superman on purpose.

I haven't seen the movie yet, so I can't say wether it's good or bad but the trailers make it look good. I also love some of the dialogue too. And WW of course.

But still i'm contemplating if I should wait for the Bluray release instead. Especially the longer version for the best experience. 

Oh well, i'll just have to see what i'm going to do. Going to see it in 2D though, this much is certain. 

The Angry Review ( the spoiler free one ) was a good watch and peaked my interest even more. :)

3 hours ago, Snapplemonkey said:

Naw, he was already turning the corner, but when he saw Superman he went for it. Luckily it's one of the scenes that are in one of the trailers, so it's easily re-watchable. However I do agree with you, that wasn't really a fight, even if he hit Superman on purpose.

No way, you can see Batman was completely surprised to see Superman standing there and even went for the brakes. Superman is just being an asshole for no reason.

Mr_E_Meatshield likes this

20 minutes ago, LaserBunny said:

No way, you can see Batman was completely surprised to see Superman standing there and even went for the brakes. Superman is just being an asshole for no reason.

No... he was surprised he saw Superman, but when he did he accelerated and swirled into him. Batman could have easily avoided him, and I'm pretty sure the batmobile breaks work better than most cars.

Batman did not purposely hit Superman with the Batmobile. He was in pursuit and in mid powerslide before he realized Superman was there. He couldn't have done a thing to avoid him at that speed and type of turn. Not even Ricky Bobby could have gotten out of it.

7 hours ago, Rain said:

Batman did not purposely hit Superman with the Batmobile. He was in pursuit and in mid powerslide before he realized Superman was there. He couldn't have done a thing to avoid him at that speed and type of turn. Not even Ricky Bobby could have gotten out of it.

Yea... because there's no way Batman, the very pinnacle of humans when it comes to strength, agility, intelligence and reflexes, would have the ability to steer into Superman with a state of the art automobile that probably has near to perfect traction.

10 hours ago, Rain said:

Very Off topic:

Hi again Rain! It's been a while. I hope you've been well. :)

Carry on. :)

5 hours ago, Snapplemonkey said:

Yea... because there's no way Batman, the very pinnacle of humans when it comes to strength, agility, intelligence and reflexes, would have the ability to steer into Superman with a state of the art automobile that probably has near to perfect traction.

The batmobile still has to follow the laws of physics. In that small amount of time, no matter how good the car's brakes are, or how good the driver is, there is no way to not hit Superman in that situation when the batmobile is going that fast.

I doubt that Superman would be able to avoid hitting something if he's in the same scenario.

The Batmobile obvious doesn't have perfect traction. We even saw it swerve and hit the side of a wall while turning a tight corner. I don't know how anyone can say Batman intentionally slammed into Supes when the whole scene is setup in a way to show Supes basically ambushing Batman to showcase his superior powers.

4 hours ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

The batmobile still has to follow the laws of physics. In that small amount of time, no matter how good the car's brakes are, or how good the driver is, there is no way to not hit Superman in that situation when the batmobile is going that fast.

I doubt that Superman would be able to avoid hitting something if he's in the same scenario.

Laws of physics include tire traction, if you have good enough traction for the surface you're driving on and you have good enough breaks, you can come to a stand-still instantly. Won't be as comfortable for the person inside, he'll feel a couple of G's depending on his speed, but it's not "against the laws of physics".

Also I re-watched the clip and drew a little diagram:

EDIT: The forums are a bit buggy, can't seem to post the image, so here's a link http://imgur.com/jxLJW4x

As you can see in the first and third panel, doing nothing would have just finished the drift and allowed him to continue to pursue the Kryptonite, and had he hit the breaks he would have either spun out of control in the same direction he was already going or if the traction was good enough he would have just stood still. Accelerating would end his drift early and steer him directly towards Superman.

EDIT #2: Before someone says he was drifting into Superman already. If he had drifted into Superman then his angle of approach would have him hit Superman with the front left of the car and spun outwards towards the middle of the street. Instead he hit Superman with the front center/right of the car, spinning the back of the car into the wall.

EDIT #3: I know it's silly arguing about this, but to me it goes to show how emotionally unstable Batman was at the time, so much so that he abandoned his immediate mission just to see if he could damage Superman. Remember this is the first time Batman had been up close to Superman at this point, he had no idea of the extent of Superman's invulnerability.

MariaOlivia likes this

7 hours ago, Snapplemonkey said:

Laws of physics include tire traction, if you have good enough traction for the surface you're driving on and you have good enough breaks, you can come to a stand-still instantly. Won't be as comfortable for the person inside, he'll feel a couple of G's depending on his speed, but it's not "against the laws of physics".

Also I re-watched the clip and drew a little diagram:

EDIT: The forums are a bit buggy, can't seem to post the image, so here's a link http://imgur.com/jxLJW4x

As you can see in the first and third panel, doing nothing would have just finished the drift and allowed him to continue to pursue the Kryptonite, and had he hit the breaks he would have either spun out of control in the same direction he was already going or if the traction was good enough he would have just stood still. Accelerating would end his drift early and steer him directly towards Superman.

EDIT #2: Before someone says he was drifting into Superman already. If he had drifted into Superman then his angle of approach would have him hit Superman with the front left of the car and spun outwards towards the middle of the street. Instead he hit Superman with the front center/right of the car, spinning the back of the car into the wall.

EDIT #3: I know it's silly arguing about this, but to me it goes to show how emotionally unstable Batman was at the time, so much so that he abandoned his immediate mission just to see if he could damage Superman. Remember this is the first time Batman had been up close to Superman at this point, he had no idea of the extent of Superman's invulnerability.

See how the Batmobile is turning in that clip. The trajectory of how he hit Superman clearly shows that it's from the turn and not from accelerating into Superman. Your diagram puts Superman a bit too far back from where he actually was. Only thing missing from this clip is the close-up on Batman's face that showed his reaction to Superman, and him turning the steering wheel. He accelerated not to hit Superman, but because he was still trying to chase after the bad guy's truck. Superman being there, Batman had to react and try to avoid Superman, which he failed to do.

Also, if I'm looking at your diagram correctly, the wide side is the front and back of the batmobile right? The second panel seems to suggest that the car would hit Superman head on. But as the clip above, and the movie show, Superman is hit by the side of the batmobile. Hence spinning out in the opposite direction and hitting the gas pumps.

7 hours ago, LaserBunny said:

The Batmobile obvious doesn't have perfect traction. We even saw it swerve and hit the side of a wall while turning a tight corner. I don't know how anyone can say Batman intentionally slammed into Supes when the whole scene is setup in a way to show Supes basically ambushing Batman to showcase his superior powers.

This is basically what happened. 

---

Looks like Joe will be in another Nostalgia Critic review:

See how the Batmobile is turning in that clip. The trajectory of how he hit Superman clearly shows that it's from the turn and not from accelerating into Superman. Your diagram puts Superman a bit too far back from where he actually was. Only thing missing from this clip is the close-up on Batman's face that showed his reaction to Superman, and him turning the steering wheel. He accelerated not to hit Superman, but because he was still trying to chase after the bad guy's truck. Superman being there, Batman had to react and try to avoid Superman, which he failed to do.

Also, if I'm looking at your diagram correctly, the wide side is the front and back of the batmobile right? The second panel seems to suggest that the car would hit Superman head on. But as the clip above, and the movie show, Superman is hit by the side of the batmobile. Hence spinning out in the opposite direction and hitting the gas pumps.

This is basically what happened. 

That clip has parts cut out, if you look at the actual trailer for the movie, it shows that the trajectory isn't the same as at the end where he's hitting Superman, it also shows batman hitting the accelerator with his foot. 

2 hours ago, Snapplemonkey said:

That clip has parts cut out, if you look at the actual trailer for the movie, it shows that the trajectory isn't the same as at the end where he's hitting Superman, it also shows batman hitting the accelerator with his foot. 

I acknowledged that it had stuff cut out. And in the movie, Superman is still hit by the side of the batmobile. If he hit the accelerator (I still think he hit the brakes), it's to try and still go after the truck with the Lex goons. As Laserbunny said, the batmobile doesn't have perfect traction. Also as Rain said, the car was in mid-powerslide while in pursuit of the truck.

How is Snapple still using the trailer as his proof? The trailer is cut to make you think and assume something is happening in terms of them fighting. What actually happens during the movie is a completely different experience and it's clear as damn crystal Batman did not expect Superman and he definitely did not suddenly and instantly shift his powerslide to hit him lmao. Stop basing it off what you see in the trailer because that scene is cut to hell and is not in actual sequence.