• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Maghorn

Do you have a game you miss?

39 posts in this topic

I used to play this MMO dungeon crawling brawler called Rusty Hearts, which was published by Perfect World in the US and Windysoft in Korea. The game was awesome in many ways; combat was tight and had a lot of great class synergy and combos, the art style that mixed anime with Gothic designs and the tight-knit community kept me playing for over 3 years. I decided to take a short break after beating most of the Reborn expansion in 2014 only to discover that the game had been shut down. From what I came to understand the developer, Stairway Games, had a falling out with Perfect World due to the decreased rate of patches, so the company was dissolved and the game was shut down in that September. I recently found that a group was rebuilding the game from bits of the source code on a private server, but the team is so small that it's going to take forever to do.

Are there any games you used to love that have been taken down and would love to see brought back to life?

JmGeVxX.png

I actually recently discovered that the MMORPG Hellgate: London has been shut down.

I played it from time to time and actually enjoyed the game, it had a unique setting and theme to it and the gameplay resembled the "Diablo loot" style

Despite everyone saying that it's a bad/terrible game i still had fun and im sad that the game is no more

Battleforge. EA closed it sadly. It was a perfect mix between a card game and an RTS. Really interesting concept. It had both a campaign and pvp.

I heard that people now are trying to get it back but, I dont think there's a chance.

Phantasy Star.

The last game we had in the west was Phantasy Star Portable 2 which released in 2010. Years later Phantasy Star Online 2 was set to be localized to the west but nothing came, only thing that came was a teaser website for pso2. Now, nothing major has come to the west. Japan on the other hand has gotten Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity, Phantasy Star Online 2, and Phantasy Star Nova. I just found out this is happening http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/25/phantasy-star-online-2-getting-special-edition-playstation-4-japan/ . RIP .

Hmm . . . . nothing in particular that I can think of though I will say I wish they would make an Overlord 3 at some point. I need to revisit the series.

Phantasy Star Universe... How I miss you so.

Chromehounds... My body aches to play you again.

Ratchet & Clank. Last time I played that was in 2011.

Edit: following more closely to the thread's instructions, Battlefield 2. Used to enjoy playing that on classic Xbox and PS2, and now I don't think you can even play it PC anymore thanks to EA shutting down the servers. 

hellgate-london-hd-1080p-wallpapers.jpg

hellgatew3j0o10v06i6.jpg

best MMO i have ever played. Hellgate Global shut down at 30 December of 2015 thanks to NAMCO BANDAI, those sons of b...... 

2 hours ago, Mr. Molotov said:

Ratchet & Clank. Last time I played that was in 2011.

Edit: following more closely to the thread's instructions, Battlefield 2. Used to enjoy playing that on classic Xbox and PS2, and now I don't think you can even play it PC anymore thanks to EA shutting down the servers. 

There's still private servers for battlefield 2, if you're interested.

Bad Company 2. Still played, but not nearly enough.

Idk, the gameplay was too much fun and gun combat was a lot more skilled than BF3 and BF4.

Ancient likes this

World of Warcraft...BEFORE Burning Crusade. WoW was a fantastic and fun MMORPG before they started patching the hell out of it and started pushing more endgame content and PVP.

To a lesser extent Everquest 2. I quit playing after WoW came out, but I really wish I had stayed. The lore for Norath was pretty solid even if it took forever to grind from one level to the next.

Back in 2007 I was playing a third person mech shooter called Exteel which was published (unfortunately) by NC Soft and like all NC Soft supported games that don't make enough money it was shut down. It's unfortunate too because it was probably one of the best mech games available at the time with a pretty good customization system, amazing selection of weapons and downright hilarious game modes.

8 hours ago, Madfinnishgamer38 said:

RollerCoaster Tycoon.

You can still play that. It's on GoG and really cheap.

12 hours ago, Wade D McGinnis said:

EverQuest Next?

Never came out, doesn't count.

7 hours ago, Apex Spartan said:

Bad Company 2. Still played, but not nearly enough.

Idk, the gameplay was too much fun and gun combat was a lot more skilled than BF3 and BF4.

We played that for an EF event last year, did you come to it?

24 minutes ago, Maghorn said:

We played that for an EF event last year, did you come to it?

I think I was too busy with stuff IRL so couldn't make it.

I miss Def Jam Fight for NY.

One of AKI's last wrestling games, and one of the best wrestling games ever made. Better than that WWE 2K shit.

City of Heroes/Villains.  'Nuff said.

I Miss Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (Playstation) PSP I wish they would port that game over onto the PS3 or PS4 console

Full Throttle, hope they make a remake like Grim Fandango.

Also Bad Company 2. Battlefield 4 is OK, but man BC2 had some awesome weapons and humor to it.

On 3/25/2016 at 0:49 AM, YTSPGaming said:

I Miss Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (Playstation) PSP I wish they would port that game over onto the PS3 or PS4 console

They are remaking FF VII

I just thought about Battlefield Heroes 

Despite the pay2win aspects of the game i actually had alot of fun playing it.

As well as Battlefield Play4Free

Both games had alot of bad things, but still had some value