• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Ohgun

Thinking about getting Skyrim

23 posts in this topic

After browsing both Origin and Steam I'm sort of at a deadlock regarding what PC game I should get for April. And one of the games I'm considering happens to be Skyrim. So should I get Skyrim and all it's DLC or should I thnk about something else?

Yes. Unless RPG's really aren't your thing, this is one of those games that should be played by everyone.

Ohgun and Lhouraii like this

I love RPGs, but I try not to catch a case of RPG Radiculopathy these days.

i have Skyrim on Steam and so does my friend and we modded the hell out of the game and it just doesn't really get old thanks to all the content from the base game alone, plus all the crazy stuff from mods if you choose to do that (in Skyrim my main character is literally a reincarnation of Madara Uchiha from Naruto, she can create giant swathes of fire, make a giant ethereal construct around herself, trap things in wooden prisons, push/pull things away from herself, and the coup de grace she can drop meteors that kill EVERYTHING within like a two mile radius XD) plus getting to ride a dragon in is freaking amazing

Wait for the summer sale to buy it, Skyrim and all the DLC go dirt cheap at that time.

1 minute ago, Maghorn said:

Wait for the summer sale to buy it, Skyrim and all the DLC go dirt cheap at that time.

I'll think about that.

I own the game (no mods as of yet) and I enjoy it immensely, not as much as I used to admittedly but it is still fun :)

Ohgun likes this

18 hours ago, Maghorn said:

Yeah the legendary edition tends to go on sale for about 15$ and I would highly recommend it. 

21 hours ago, Would you Kindly said:

I own the game (no mods as of yet) and I enjoy it immensely, not as much as I used to admittedly but it is still fun :)

if you ever do get mods, look for the Naruto Overhaul and Uchiha Clan mods, you get all kinds of crazy stuff on top of the stuff i described for my character who is only ONE of the possible paths you can take, lots of flashy stuff but the best stuff is all master rank and takes a LOT of mana, i think my Kirin spell costs like...400 mana for one cast, i bring out the weather and whoever i target gets nailed by a bolt of lightning, and of course all kinds of fun little hideouts you can download through the steam workshop like the dragonborn castle 

Yes, you should play Skyrim.

YBJtxG9.jpg

Here is a cool guide on how to properly play it tho

Lhouraii likes this

Omg yes! But prepare to invest like 100's of hours in the game! XD

I absolutely love Elder Scrolls games. I envy you for getting to experience it all for the first time!💖

After having several thoughts about it, I've decided that I would wait until the Summer Sale before I get Skyrim. So mods, feel free to close this thread.

I'm not going to say anything just get the dam game but be warned all the sudden 500 hours of your life will be wasted

Ok, I am SHOCKED that no one has posted this yet!

get the legendary Edition. period.

- register yourself at Nexusmods

- download Nexusclient (mod installer and organizer)

- download LOOT (better Mod organizer and checks for errors)

- download SKSE

- Download the latest ENB file

Download tons of Mods to make the game look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Pr0DKwoPuw

and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtWeFKln0HY

of course besides better grafics you can have:

- improved first person cam

- new and better animations

- new and more enemies

- enhanced A.I.

- different kind of Dragons (Waterdragons, Icedragons, Skeleton Dragons etc..)

- new, more and improved companions / NPCs

- new Quests

- new and more Weapons, Armor, Spells, Items etc...

- improved Crafting

- improved Skilltree and Level Up Progression

- bigger towns and cities

- new and more Races and Skills

- more interactions with NPCs

- no level cap

it's like an entire new game. that's how skyrim should be played. Doubleperiod.

I have over 200hours and i still have uncovered...maybe 45% of Skyrims Map. the random quests (Mod) are quiet nice and makes you sink more hours into it.

Not to mention i still have to get to Solstheim and uncover everything there after i finished everything in Skyrim.

and there are Lore unfriendly Mods such as:

- playing as Raiden (Metal gear 2), totally OP, Darth Vader (force Powers and Light Sabers that can kill everything in one swing) or Goku (fly over Skyrim, do energy attacks and transform everything into a barren wasteland...well it's kinda the same as Skyrim normally is but...on fire XD)

but those who want to play skyrim...differently

Get it on sale its a great game, and will eat up tons of your time, plus the mods for it are amazing or perverted, or disgusting, depending on what you like :P

It's really a masterpiece if you like rpg's.

Definitely improved on it's predecessor and slightly easier entrance for newcomers to the enlder scrolls series.

Even when it gets lame after like 300 hrs you can still mod everything you can imagine so it never gets boring. 

Apex Spartan likes this

Okay, I looked up some information on Skyrim... and I've ultimately decided to get the Legendary Edition. GamersGate had it on sale for $10 by the way...

Apex Spartan, freeeza21 and MandyB like this

That's an incredibly great deal!

I got mine for 20€, but it was a store copy, guess it is way cheaper online :D

That was some time ago though, so price might have dropped since then... somehow it is sad to see such a great game for such a low price though

6 hours ago, freeeza21 said:

somehow it is sad to see such a great game for such a low price though

It is 5 years old, so it's normal for game prices to drop so much, no matter how great the game is.^^

Yeah true dat. That makes the game even better though, considering it is this good, this good looking and already 5 years old :D

Apex Spartan likes this