• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

lemon4real

Just jumped into PC gaming from console. Which multiplayer games should I start with?

34 posts in this topic

I just jumped into PC gaming and was looking for opinions/info on what games I should get.  I'm looking for a bigger multiplayer experience that consoles can't provide.

Team Fortress 2 in my 100% objective non-bias opinion.

that consoles can't compete with.

I do not understand that sentence but I will say Planet side 2, World of warcraft, Guild wars 2, 7 days to die, No more room in hell.

Well that's easy to answer because that means MMO's, since almost every other multiplayer game is on console. That comes down to your personal preference since there are so many. WoW is established and since you're new you have no idea what vanilla WoW is. EVE is another good one if you're into the bigger picture with a full on economy and taking massive amounts of time to see end results. Black Dessert Online is a new one but was first established in Korea...like I mentioned many to choose from lol.

Then there's MOBAs, you should probably start with League of Legends, Smite or Heroes of the Storm and they're free.  Heroes of the Storm is more noob friendly but getting used to the controls will take time.

Also get into Steam ASAP! They have a huge free games list that is full of multiplayer shooters, MMOs, MOBAs...just about everything. Hope that helps.

Ranisel likes this

Start with free games.  TF2, SMITE, Heroes of the Storm, they're all good.

I'd recommend CS:GO if you're into competitive FPS games, and perhaps an MMO like pretty much everyone else said.

RTS isn't a big thing on consoles, so I'd look up OpenRA and play some old Command & Conquer games.

BlackOpsElf likes this

Been hearing great things about Warframe. There are also a number of online PC games that the AJSA have presence in.

CSGO, this game was more competitive than Call of Duty because once you get the very rare weapon at the end of the match, you can either sell it for Steam Money to buy games like Fallout 4 and other items, or use it to impress other players.

Battlefield 3 for PC had more players than in the PS3 and Xbox 360 version and you can get it when it's on sale on Origin for $4.99.

19 minutes ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

Been hearing great things about Warframe. There are also a number of online PC games that the AJSA have presence in.

I can also recommend Warframe, World Of Warships is quite a bit of fun and both are free.

Consoles can't provide a lot of pc only titles people here have recommended, but I think you should try games you could play on console but using a keyboard and mouse. I would recommend a shooter like battlefield 4 for something you can easily understand. After that, try to see whether or not you like controlling a character in a third person shooter sort of action game like grand theft auto online. If you don't care about any of that, than by all means, jump into the mobas and mmos.

people suggeste4d warframe, which I think is actually available on some consoles. but uhh. that kinda is in the same direction I was gonna suggest. Unless you're one of those people who have their console on a desk with a mouse and keyboard, perhaps you may wanna try playing fps games you may have already been interested in to begin with on consoles... mouse/keyboard fps is a completely different experience than gamepad for most people.

Raspharus likes this

2 hours ago, Jitterdoomer said:

CSGO, this game was more competitive than Call of Duty because once you get the very rare weapon at the end of the match, you can either sell it for Steam Money to buy games like Fallout 4 and other items, or use it to impress other players.

CSGO has a toxic community so I would be against the recommendation.

Ofc you could also not act like a cry baby, man up and play cs go since its one of the best multiplayer shooters on the PC. Oh and there's a mute button so have fun with that.

Also hearthstone, is one of my recommendations.

Dyzzles likes this

It's not a multiplayer game at all. But Tales of Maj'eyal is a great roguelike with huge content that has a neat little online community feature where you can talk to other players playing the game in-game. link items, unique monsters, and see each of them die horribly (or obtain achievements... Normally I couldn't care less about achievements, but in a challenging roguelike it's kinda cool to see what people can do what successfully, and who is getting killed by level 1 bandits).

Raspharus likes this

CSGO and BF4 Overwatch when it comes out and all the free to play gems

Depends what genre you want exactly.

If you want to try out MOBAs, I would recommend: League of Legends, DOTA 2 (pretty hard tho), Heroes of the Storm, SMITE

FPS: CS:GO, Battlefield 4, Team Fortress 2 and maybe Overwatch when it comes out.

MMOs: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, TERA, Black Desert are some of the more played and popular ones atm

MOBAs and MMOs would probably be your best starting point if you are looking for something that's unique only on PC like you said on your post. As far as I know, no MOBA can be played on console and there isn't any MMORPGs except Destiny. Not ones that are good and popular at least.

On 3/31/2016 at 0:34 AM, Raspharus said:

Ofc you could also not act like a cry baby, man up and play cs go since its one of the best multiplayer shooters on the PC. Oh and there's a mute button so have fun with that.

Or I just don't want to play with shitty players?

i would think it would depend on weather or not it is a multi-player game, what your pc will support, and wheather or not the angry army streatches that far.

I shall recommend Natural Selection 2

HappyWulf likes this

Give Dungeon Defenders 2 a try, I've played it for about 25 hours now and still having fun!

Lets seeee... entry level PC games.

Heros of the Storm is an entry level MOBA.

TF2 is an entry level, team class-based shooter.

Don't Starve Together - Survival game

Killing Floor 2 - Arcade zombie shooter

Endless Legend - 4X

'll leave it at this for now, don't wanna make my post too long and push others out. This just scratches the surface though.

I would jump onto Overwatch, I've been playing the beta and it is one of the funnest shooters I've played in awhile