• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

krazyq

Final Fantasy XV

19 posts in this topic

This is my first post, I did a search and couldn't find anything new on  Final Fantasy XV

Anyone watch the FFXV event last night?
FF XV is going to be released on Sept 30th.
They're also going to have a Movie this year and have already released the first episode of their new Anime
All of this has to do with the game.
The demo is out right now as well

Here is the full event

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4AptAyPIL88

http://kotaku.com/all-this-weeks-big-final-fantasy-xv-news-1768179950

Final Fantasy XV - Platinum Demo Available on Xbox One & PS4 - FREE - Slickdeals.net

I'm hoping Angry Joe tries out the demo that just came out and tries the full game on Sept 30th.

I don't think I've ever seen him review a JRPG game.

Final Fantasy 15 looks like a game that has not thrown out one single plot, theme, or gameplay idea during its entire 10 year development, and it's kind of awesome

Hopefully the PC version will come soon and won't be too strenuous.  I'm looking forward to this game.

I'm really looking forward to this one!  I've been waiting 10 years for it!  I was actually thinking about the Collector's edition but I think £190 price is to steep for what you get.  I'll probably go with the £70 Deluxe Edition.

1 hour ago, Legolas_Katarn said:

Final Fantasy 15 looks like a game that has not thrown out one single plot, theme, or gameplay idea during its entire 10 year development, and it's kind of awesome

It's gone through allot of concept changes in it's development, especially after the negative reception of Final Fantasy XIII that it was originally supposed to tie in with.

YTSPGaming likes this

3 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

It's gone through allot of concept changes in it's development, especially after the negative reception of Final Fantasy XIII that it was originally supposed to tie in with.

I know that it has, I mean that it looks like at least three very different ideas for a game in one.

Question... why is this in the "Off-topic" section?

Also I'm personally excited for this game, 10 years of fucking waiting sum down to only 6 months now.

Crazycrab likes this

13 minutes ago, WITHASTICK said:

Question... why is this in the "Off-topic" section?

Also I'm personally excited for this game, 10 years of fucking waiting sum down to only 6 months now.

Yeah... This could go in general, It is a topic about a game after all.

4 minutes ago, Raspharus said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up, even if it does get a PC release It's going to be a long wait.

YTSPGaming likes this

9 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

That the game has changed a lot over the long development cycle? No doubt. We have seen as much over promotional material and developers have said so. However, to say that the reception (which obviously is not all negative) to FFXIII made a noteworthy difference there? Very skeptical. To begin with, Versus XIII wasnt actually supposed to tie in with FFXIII, both games are just part of the Fabula Nova Crystallis series. Much like the eventual FF Type-0, FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns. And unlike FFXII and FFXIV which also released (and re-released in FFXIV's case) between the original announcement of Versus XIII back in 2006 to it becoming and releasing as FFXV later this year. The point? We have five main FF games that released in mentioned time frame so signaling out FFXIII here is pretty dumb. Then theres the fact than nobody has said anything of the sort on the production side at all, if so, please link as I've never read this.

It is a first for me hearing such a claim on the fandom side though.

Anyways, I remember back in the good ol days of the Bungie net forums, I would have great conversations with this other person about Final Fantasy. When in the subject of Versus XIII I always maintained hope that the game would one day release but, this other person was so convinced the game was cancelled. After all these years, despite technically Versus XIII being no more I still feel vindicated and almost brings a tear to my eye that the game is finally releasing. Wish I could talk to that person about this today. 

I havent seen the event but, I played the demo and it was shorter than the other one but, still it was good. Noctis as a kid was unexpected but, that room wheres youre small and need to get to the table made me feel like I was in a Disney movie, like Toys Story type. I might just fork over all that cash to get a limited edition version of the game, im feeling the hype.

9 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

I wouldn't get your hopes up, even if it does get a PC release It's going to be a long wait.

Im not a fan of FF tho, so I don't care. It was just a PSA.

Nice PC controller he has here

Raspharus likes this

4 hours ago, Johnster4 said:

Nice PC controller he has here

They never said that they were playing this on console so it's not like Microsoft showcasing their XBox exclusives on PC at E3, so could argue that it was sourly for testing/showcase purposes on the big screen so It probably doesn't matter to much.  But they could have at least tried to make it less obvious by using an XBox controller instead of what is actually a pretty cheap Logitech model!

I've played the demo on PS4 and at 1080p the textures and details look pretty much the same.

YTSPGaming likes this

I know right i'm totally excited for "Final Fantasy XV" september 30th cant come by any faster! :unsure:

I am intrigued by this one. While I'd prefer a return to the old style of airship/magitek FF, this seems like an improvement over the boring hallway that was FF13

From the news article I posted last week the games director did talk about a possible PC release again, with additional content.

Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata has said he is 'quite positive' about a PC version of the upcoming JRPG, and that it would not be a simple port of the console version.

"I have in mind a version of Final Fantasy XV that is more technically developed," Tabata told JeuxVideo. "This version could incorporate things that we were forced to abandon because of the limitations of home consoles. With the PC, this would be an opportunity to release a version far superior in terms of quality and tech."

The PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions are slated for a September release in the west, and Tabata expects to make an announcement about DLC plans later in the Summer. This continuing workload for the initial console release means a PC version could be more than a few months down the line, so don't expect any late summer roadtrips with your ridiculously beautiful bro squad.

Square Enix is having frame rate issues on final fantasy XV and thats why they havent already released the game.

This is problably the reason why they played the game on PC,like most of the times anyway.

I am also a huge fan of turn based RPG(why i really liked Legend Of Heroes so much),and have also played all Final Fantasy games from 7 and after and enjoyed all of them(even the 3 FF 13games although i enjoyed them less than previous games to be fair).

Thats why i am so sceptical with FF15. Obviously its in my ''games to checkout and play'' radar for 2016 but i dont like the fact that they made it more action focused than previous games.

I really hope that the final game is way better from what we have seen so far.

12 minutes ago, Fulgore said:

Square Enix is having frame rate issues on final fantasy XV and thats why they havent already released the game.

This is problably the reason why they played the game on PC,like most of the times anyway.

I am also a huge fan of turn based RPG(why i really liked Legend Of Heroes so much),and have also played all Final Fantasy games from 7 and after and enjoyed all of them(even the 3 FF 13games although i enjoyed them less than previous games to be fair).

Thats why i am so sceptical with FF15. Obviously its in my ''games to checkout and play'' radar for 2016 but i dont like the fact that they made it more action focused than previous games.

I really hope that the final game is way better from what we have seen so far.

I know that allot of fans want to see a return to the random encounter/turn based system of VII and X and that others would prefer to see the real tine/action orientated style of the XI/XIV MMO's and XII, and I can see it both ways.

What I definitely DON'T wanna see is the freakish ATB hybrids that they kept trying like with X-2 and XIII, it's like they were trying to please both parties but really ended up pleasing neither.

They have gone for the action style and in the demo's I think it works pretty well, I think and hope that there will be more to it  in the final version.