• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Crazycrab

No Man's Sky, PS4 or PC?

PS4 or PC   21 members have voted

1. 1. Which Platform?

• PC
    • PS4

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 posts in this topic

Disclaimer

I will not let this defuse into a PS4/console VS PC argument.  The moment I see that it does, which includes any memes regarding "PC Master Race", "Console Peasant's", "Sony Pony's" or anything of a disrespectful nature from either camp I will immediately report and request a lock.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm a bit torn here, I know I wanna play this game but I'm not sure what platform.  I've got a PS4 and a PC that in terms of power blows my consoles out of the water so from that perspective my choice would seem obvious.  However, I just can't help shake the feeling my PS4 experience would be better.

I'm more familiar with the PS4 community in the AJSA and they more exited about the game.  I could see why as on PC there are other options like Elite dangerous, but unlike most of those this does seem to be the type of game where you spend most of the time on your own anyway.  So I guess what I really want to know is despite my powerful PC I still value gameplay experience over anything else, so what do you think I'm better of with?

As always PC. No debate here.

28 minutes ago, Raspharus said:

As always PC. No debate here.

Okay let's try again, this time under the assumption that I don't give a shit about graphics.

So what is the actual reason for choosing PC over PS4?  I am looking for an actual explanation here in terms gameplay and community.  Don't just say "No debate here" since that is not constructive.

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Okay let's try again, this time under the assumption that I don't give a shit about graphics.

So what is the actual reason for choosing PC over PS4?  I am looking for an actual explanation here in terms gameplay and community.  Don't just say "No debate here" since that is not constructive.

What reason did you get PS4 for other than exclusives?  If you just want to play on a bigger screen and since you already have a PS4, you may as well use that than switching your PC monitor each time.  Another thing to consider, wait until after people get it.  We don't really know much about the controls, so it is possible one is easier to play with than the other.  Then again you could probably use your controller on PC. I don't know if the game is cross-platform but since it's not really multiplayer considering how big the universe is, it might not matter.  Otherwise pick the community you would rather play with (PS4 might have a bigger community since they don't have Elite Dangerous and won't have Star Citizen or other big space games).

And if you really want to go to extremes, in terms of longevity of the game after decades lol.  A PC game will last longer (assuming future computers don't change so much so that every program now including operating systems become incompatible) unless someone makes some PS4 emulator when it becomes outdated and production of them is ended.  Or quantum computers come out or something and all old PC games do not work anymore, then if you manage to have your old PC or PS4 still around you could still play either way... :P

Crazycrab and Raspharus like this

What I had to say skullhead said before me. Those are the reasons pretty much.

1 hour ago, skullhead51 said:

What reason did you get PS4 for other than exclusives?  If you just want to play on a bigger screen and since you already have a PS4, you may as well use that than switching your PC monitor each time.  Another thing to consider, wait until after people get it.  We don't really know much about the controls, so it is possible one is easier to play with than the other.  Then again you could probably use your controller on PC. I don't know if the game is cross-platform but since it's not really multiplayer considering how big the universe is, it might not matter Otherwise pick the community you would rather play with (PS4 might have a bigger community since they don't have Elite Dangerous and won't have Star Citizen or other big space games).

And if you really want to go to extremes, in terms of longevity of the game after decades lol.  A PC game will last longer (assuming future computers don't change so much so that every program now including operating systems become incompatible) unless someone makes some PS4 emulator when it becomes outdated and production of them is ended.  Or quantum computers come out or something and all old PC games do not work anymore, then if you manage to have your old PC or PS4 still around you could still play either way... :P

I had a PS4 before I built my PC, and my current set up is dual screen with one 1080p TV connect to both my PC and consoles and a 4K TV that is connected to my PC only.  My audio is also set up through an external amplifier with a splitter box so I can switch between a headset with a wireless optical transmitter and speakers audio separately with an additional wireless USB headset for PC.  Basically I can have both a PC and a console running with full audio, video and voice chat running at the same time so there is no real technical problem in that aspect.

On the subject of controls I have no reason to doubt that it won't work fine with a mouse and keyboard but I usually prefer controllers anyway, but on that note on PC I do have more options.  So this pulls me towards PC.

I've looked into that and it seems like it is not cross servers, which is unfortunate because then PC would be the obvious best choice.  The only way to play with the full community is to buy both versions.

I do think that PS4 will have the bigger community, at least within the AJSA.

I don't think the game will outlive either platform so longevity probably won't matter to much but it's still a valid point.

1 hour ago, Crazycrab said:

I had a PS4 before I built my PC, and my current set up is dual screen with one 1080p TV connect to both my PC and consoles and a 4K TV that is connected to my PC only.  My audio is also set up through an external amplifier with a splitter box so I can switch between a headset with a wireless optical transmitter and speakers audio separately with an additional wireless USB headset for PC.  Basically I can have both a PC and a console running with full audio, video and voice chat running at the same time so there is no real technical problem in that aspect.

On the subject of controls I have no reason to doubt that it won't work fine with a mouse and keyboard but I usually prefer controllers anyway, but on that note on PC I do have more options.  So this pulls me towards PC.

I've looked into that and it seems like it is not cross servers, which is unfortunate because then PC would be the obvious best choice.  The only way to play with the full community is to buy both versions.

I do think that PS4 will have the bigger community, at least within the AJSA.

I don't think the game will outlive either platform so longevity probably won't matter to much but it's still a valid point.

Wow nice set up.

So how exactly do you envision playing with the community.  Considering how big the procedurally generated galaxy will be it would be too difficult to have a meetup point.  The only point would be sharing the same planet names discovered but even if you were on the same planet, how do you find someone on something the size of a...well...planet.  There is also the consideration of how long it would take to travel across the galaxy.  But since reaching the center is one of the goals, it will probably take some time but still be achievable.  Possibly weeks to months of gathering fuel to jump there if fuel is even considered.  Then consider the time it would take, assuming 1 second per jump and 1 million stars, that would take 11 and 31/54 days (yes I used google) of warping from one star to the next every second.

Hm some guy is probably going to bot his way to the center of the galaxy for weeks straight or even hack just to be the first. lol... Oh god I just realized if "insignificant" objects aren't shared and are most likely client-side, or even just that there is an offline mode, there will probably be some crazy hacks.  And what happens if the RNG seed for the server gets corrupted? O.o

Okay I totally went off track. Anyway, as a single player experience, it is probably better off playing on PC and you can still share your experiences in the PS4 community. BUT if there is a galaxy map with shared information only accessible by PC or PS4, then choose the one with a bigger community which would most likely be PS4.

I would/cannot not play this kind of game with a gamepad so PC for me.

The PC does offer more flexibility, but I also believe the PS4 community, at least in the AJSA, will be bigger and more active on the game. So, I'd go for that version.

The only reason I am voting for PC is because that is the only platform I own, though I would likely choose it regardless that is just my personal preference these days.

Raspharus likes this

On 4/3/2016 at 8:23 PM, Crazycrab said:

Disclaimer

I will not let this defuse into a PS4/console VS PC argument.  The moment I see that it does, which includes any memes regarding "PC Master Race", "Console Peasant's", "Sony Pony's" or anything of a disrespectful nature from either camp I will immediately report and request a lock.

maxresdefault.jpg

I'm a bit torn here, I know I wanna play this game but I'm not sure what platform.  I've got a PS4 and a PC that in terms of power blows my consoles out of the water so from that perspective my choice would seem obvious.  However, I just can't help shake the feeling my PS4 experience would be better.

I'm more familiar with the PS4 community in the AJSA and they more exited about the game.  I could see why as on PC there are other options like Elite dangerous, but unlike most of those this does seem to be the type of game where you spend most of the time on your own anyway.  So I guess what I really want to know is despite my powerful PC I still value gameplay experience over anything else, so what do you think I'm better of with?

I feel like you already answered your question. 

Probably Ps4 since my PC is really only good with last gen games at the moment