• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

8 posts in this topic

For anyone that considers themselves a completionist in the modern era of gaming are all aware of those seemingly impossible or just plain buggy/glitchy acheivements that plague our game lists. I wanted to share one that is not bugged out but eludes me to this day. I have spent countless hours working on the achievements that came with Arkham Knight's DLC challenge pack 6 including "The Chill in the Air" , "The Curtain Falls" and "Requiem for a Killer." I do not claim to be an expert at this game by any means nor do I have an insanely high Gamerscore. In fact I recently created a new profile for my switch over from PS4 to Xbox One and it is less than 3 months old. Unfortunately I have been unable to mark this game off of my list this year all due to the wonderful inclusion of challenge pack 6.

All of that being said, I would love to know what achievements or trophies have given you the most issues to get, or did you give up on trying to complete it?

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood I have a trophy glitched so can't get the platinum (can't remember what it was called)

And slowly trying to platinum the decent kart racer Modnation Racer, just two of the trophies are major grind fests that are annoying to do.

I dont consider myself a completionist but, I do like going after achievements from time to time. Im going to cross over to the 100k gamerscore club soon, I have like 97,000 or something.

With that said what still eludes me is to 1000 FF: Lightning Returns. I completed the game once but, didnt go back and mop up the achievements. Since I 1000'd both FFXIII and XIII-2 I feel like I need to turn in my Lightning fan club member card in, still bothers me. The problem was that I just got lazy with my gaming and I sold my 360 some time ago. I would need to buy one and get unlazy with my gaming but, im still lazy about it. Im hoping for Lightning Returns to be put on backwards compatible one day, dont know how lucky I will get there. 

Multiplayer achievements are the worst 

All too often have i encountered achievements in a multiplayer game that has noone playing or a specifc mode which has achievement assosiated with it.-

i prefeer singleplayer achievements, because i can get them whenever i want, there is no fear of loosing my chance to get it if people stop playing the game. 

14 hours ago, argetlam350 said:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood I have a trophy glitched so can't get the platinum (can't remember what it was called)

And slowly trying to platinum the decent kart racer Modnation Racer, just two of the trophies are major grind fests that are annoying to do.

Which trophy is glitched for you on Brotherhood? I remember that on the original Assassin's Creed there was a "Missing Flag." I always wait until I have finished all View Points and all the annoying little save the citizen, among other missions before I went around collecting the flags and templars of each area. 

7 hours ago, Lightning said:

I dont consider myself a completionist but, I do like going after achievements from time to time. Im going to cross over to the 100k gamerscore club soon, I have like 97,000 or something.

With that said what still eludes me is to 1000 FF: Lightning Returns. I completed the game once but, didnt go back and mop up the achievements. Since I 1000'd both FFXIII and XIII-2 I feel like I need to turn in my Lightning fan club member card in, still bothers me. The problem was that I just got lazy with my gaming and I sold my 360 some time ago. I would need to buy one and get unlazy with my gaming but, im still lazy about it. Im hoping for Lightning Returns to be put on backwards compatible one day, dont know how lucky I will get there. 

I am tipping my hat to you for getting the Trasure Hunter achievement in XIII, that was one other that I could not finish on ps3. I maxed out all of my characters crystarium in most of their roles but I could not continually grind for hours and hours and hours for platinum ingots. You sir are a true hero.

Lightning likes this

On 4/5/2016 at 5:42 AM, MS06S Red Comet said:

I am tipping my hat to you for getting the Trasure Hunter achievement in XIII, that was one other that I could not finish on ps3. I maxed out all of my characters crystarium in most of their roles but I could not continually grind for hours and hours and hours for platinum ingots. You sir are a true hero.

lol, thanks. Yep, that achievement takes a looooong time to get and it can be a pain, even missable I think. Fortunately for me I loved the game and you can kinda boil the farming down to a science once you get into it. At the end, its all about killing those damn turtles as fast as you can with a fully decked party or with Vanilles Death ability for those damn Platinum Ingots, Dark Matter and the Trapezohedron. 

Oh another game is Puppeteer. Not a bad game but three trophies are annoying because there is no way to keep track of them except on paper or in your head. One is you have to save these three characters throughout the game and they appear pretty much in every level but can be difficult to see, then a specific item you need to collect that are scattered in the game and of course because the game has no way to track them you have to keep it on paper to know which levels you have gotten them in all ready, and finally there are a type of boss you fight that you have to kill in pretty much one shot which again wouldn't be so bad if there was in game tracking of which of them you have done it to all ready. Fun game but damn annoying trophies.