• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Twisted Chi

What have you watched recently?

26 posts in this topic

So AJSA what have you finished recently?

I watched the first season of "Blunt Talk" with Patrick Steward. Not a "lough out loud" series but fun to watch non the less.

Also went back to watch some Top Gear from season 18 onwards since I still have to wait for the new amazon one to come out.

I watched the Walking Dead finale... it was tense and I need a change of pants.

Also Better Call Saul which is strangely compelling but slow moving.

Glad to have joined the ranks! 

Finished ep. 20 of neon genesis evangelion, just 6 more to go...

Liked it thus far, just some characters are annoying

1 hour ago, NateDoggz said:

Same here!

I've been re-watching Chuck on Netflix. About half way through season 4.

I've heard people say they thought the spy stuff got a bit gimmicky, but to me the show is all about the characters. They're just so much fun!

I just finished watching the anime Oreimo and I dont even know what to think if that damn show. My cousin told me to watch it and so I jumped into it blindly.

When I first started watching it I didnt quite understand what the type of games Kirino (sister) played so I was confused for some time. Understand, I just barely started watching animes and I didnt even know the "eroge" shit existed, much less that type of little sister eroge. Though Japan, im not surprised. So, as the show kept going it kept getting weirder and it was losing me by the end (which btw I didnt like) but, I felt I was too far in to quit. And Kirino, is supposed to be a tsundere type character but, holy shit shes one of the biggest bitches I have ever seen, only in the last 3 episodes or something did she show she is soft and sweet and shit. The good thing is that I did find some shit funny and most of the characters themselves were well done which made for some compelling arcs. Just, weird.

If some of you guys dont know what im talking about Oreimo is a comedy/romance (who knows what other Japanese genres it falls under) anime about a brother and sister basically repairing their broken relationship and discovering their true feelings for each other. The translation for the full Japanese title comes out to, "My Little Sister cant be this Cute." So yeah, it deals in themes like incest... thankfully its not obscene.

Star Witch Meruru song is stuck in my head though.

On 4/7/2016 at 5:23 PM, NateDoggz said:

I watched the Walking Dead finale... it was tense and I need a change of pants.

Also Better Call Saul which is strangely compelling but slow moving.

The finale was great up to the last 10 seconds with that super cheap blood effect and the very unnecessary cliffhanger.

Yeah Better Call Saul is weird. It is slow paced but that character keeps you invested.

And welcome!

I watched Scouts vs. Zombies today. Mindless and very solid comedy splatter. 

The walking dead finale, The 100 and Black Sails.

Black Sails is a pretty good show IMO, I thought it was some low budget shit until a friend told me about it. I love pirates and tbh I could never find any pirate-themed movie or TV show that was good except Pirates of the Caribbean (which was OK for me), but this show is just next level. It's really good and entertaining. 

The Woman in Black

I do like Radcliffe in his recent roles more than in HP. He learned a lot being on theatre stages. That being said this movie builds a good atmosphere that sadly his hindered by the old jump scare trope. It just feels unnecessary and tagged on. 

Hush

Classic and good idea with a spin and solid execution. Woman that is deaf and mute is terrorized by a psycho. Worth a watch.

Starship Troopers Invasion : a pretty legit movie that reminds me of Resident Evil Degeneration and Damnation.

Crimson Peak: I find the story a bit weak, but the environments are eye candy and the ghosts are pretty cool. The mother ghost and the butterfly scene still creep me out to this day.

Der Samurai

A german production about a psycho trans that goes on a rampage in a small village. Way too weird for my taste.

I'll give you a hint: It involves time travel and this...

Oh and Vikings, obviously.

On 4/14/2016 at 1:20 AM, Beatmaster A.C. said:

Dragonball Super Ep. 38

still hoping for his return

broly_ssjdssj_by_t3c4b3-d92cfid.png

OMG...

I hope that they just leave Broly alone after Second Coming and Bio-Broly but, after seeing that picture im reconsidering my position.

To continue on with the topic I just marathoned the second season of Star Wars Rebels. The last two episodes were absolute badassery, seeing Vader fight was the highlight of the season. The episode when Ahsoka, Kanan and Ezra go to the jedi temple and have their own visions was great too. Rest of the episodes were kinda ho hum though.

Hardcore Henry

Bit of a disappointment really. The best scene was the one I already knew from the kickstarter project itself. Otherwise it was very often hard to follow what was going on and the story was all over the place.

Peaky Blinders Season 1

Damn this one is great. Cilian Murphy and Sam Neil are the most well known names within the first season and they along the rest of the cast do an outstanding job to tell a dirty story within englands 1920's. 

Apex Spartan likes this

Joy

Sometimes it felt a bit overdramatic just because they felt that should be necessary but all in all an OK movie

Burnt

Nothing too good nothing too bad. 

Wet Hot American Summer: First Day of Summer

Loved the movie and the series adds to it. 

Jungle Book

Man those animations are jawdroppingly beautiful and the modernisation of the material worked for me. Loved it!

There's like a small list of animes I've been meaning to watch, so I started it off with fate/stay night: UBW. probably tackle One Punch Man after.

4 hours ago, TamaskanLEM said:

There's like a small list of animes I've been meaning to watch, so I started it off with fate/stay night: UBW. probably tackle One Punch Man after.

One Punch Man is so much fun

Just watched the first GoT episode of season 6. Got to say, those Sand Snakes are fucking scary and badass.

Not really spoiler, not giving much away but, click at peril still.

Also, Jon Snow might still make it, that redhead is doing something.

Caught up on Vikings Season 4 up until Episode 10

Rollo has become a whimp sadly but otherwise the series keeps me entertained as fuck.  

Le Petit Prince

Lovely story and animation. Worth a watch I would say. 

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri First 2 Episodes

From the makers of Attack on Titan. Very similar theme. Looks good so far

Well I just got done with the new fate/stay night. It's alright. I wouldn't say it's better than zero, but I'd put it above the original. Not a fan of how some of these characters got killed off at all, and there's way too many expository bullshit, but it did a fine job fleshing out there characters. It's a good watch, but go see zero first.

Now on to One Punch Man.

2 hours ago, TamaskanLEM said:

It's a good watch, but go see zero first.

But Zero is a prequel and is better enjoyed after reading the 3rd route of the original VN that hasn't been animated yet...

Shameless Season 6

True Detective Season 2

Some Lucha Underground Episodes

Lucha Underground, Running Man (funny ass korean tv show), 

and this.

This gameshow is evil. 

And that robot has boobs that extends itself. THIS IS A SHOW FOR ALL AGES LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! Japan! Worse of all, that robot is not the last obstacle. This.... thing is!

On 25/4/2016 at 3:38 PM, Twisted Chi said:

Koutetsujou no Kabaneri First 2 Episodes

From the makers of Attack on Titan. Very similar theme. Looks good so far

I just caught up to that, I was originally planning to skip it because it has the exact same staff as the magnificent turd that was Guilty Crown and how edgetastic the first ep was, but so far it seems pretty good.

F4ntastic was on Netlfix, so I thought, "What the hey", and well. Not as bad as I was expecting, but far from good. It was poorly acted, the costumes looked terrible (except for The Thing, but that's CG), crappy villain setup and final villain fight, bad dialogue. But I was expecting it to be much, much worse.