• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

PlasticFrogCG

Could DOOM possibly be everything we're hoping for?

91 posts in this topic

Regardless of how the singleplayer DOOM is, the multiplayer is apparently lackluster and has no idea how to be a DOOM multiplayer.

Raspharus and Glaice like this

Yyyyyeaaaaahh, I don't buy these complaints for a second.

You'll excuse me if I shrug off these comparisons to Halo and CoD as nothing, because sorry, they are. Heard it all before, several times over the years. It's a clone of Halo because it has guys in power armour? So I guess All You Need is Kill is a clone of Halo too, because that has guys in power armour. And it's a clone of CoD because........... It's a first person shooter? Yeah, no, that comparison is weak. I'm not seeing it. And I think those people complaining are just seeing it so they can be angry about something. Because I've said it before, and I'll say it again, until we all fucking die; there very clearly seems to just be people on the internet looking to complain about anything. I'm not saying this automatically invalidates anyone's problems with the game. I can't touch you if you're not liking what you're seeing. But cancelling pre orders over something as petty as "it looks a bit too much like Halo"? Then why the fuck did you pre order it in the first place? I dunno....

I mean, this IS a word where someone once said to me Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay was just like Halo. Like, seriously?

After seeing TB play the multiplayer beta I can understand the massive criticism it is receiving. I think he could have pointed out some other important flaws, but he probably haven't played those types of games enough to see them.

You see what the problem with all these games is they're all ripping off Halo and Call of Duty. Now you may say that Doom came out in 1993 and Halo 2001 but we all know the truth: iD software travelled forward in time in order to steal their ideas from a more talented developer like Bungie and then returned to create an inferior product with old timey 90s technology and they've been copying them ever since.

Except Halo 5 of course, that game sucks.

In all seriousness though the new Doom looks sweet and I'm definitely getting it.

God, I fucking hate it when someone says (in this case TB), "You can pick up the enemy gun so it feels like HALO or COD clone"...

I mean you can fucking do that in so many FPS and let me tell you ONE THING...

HALO AND COD DIDN'T FUCKING INVENT THE GOD DAMN FEATURE TO PICK UP ENEMY WEAPONS! Not saying anyone mentioned it here in the thread, but listening to TB saying it and his fans are probably like "oh yeah HALO invented that shit bois!" and all the other god damn HALO/COD fans will call it a clone now or something.

I mean such shit triggers me so hard, fuck! Why would you even mention that at all? That feature existed before any of those fucking 2 games existed and they didn't invent that fucking feature.

I'm not defending DOOM MP because in all honesty I think it looks mediocre as fuck and doesn't bring anything special, but if someone is gonna point out REAL FLAWS to the game, at least don't fucking say every single god damn mechanic or feature was invented by COD or HALO. No one mentions that you could pick enemy weapons in Counter Strike, the fucking Father and Mother and Granddaddy of competitive online first person shooters and nobody remembers that it came out before HALO. So what, HALO picked up the feature to pick enemy weapons from CS?

People need to get out their heads from their asses and stop comparing every game to another fucking game. Even if a game picks up a feature from another game and puts it in their own, so what? If the feature is good then let them do it.

15 minutes ago, Apex Spartan said:

HALO AND COD DIDN'T FUCKING INVENT THE GOD DAMN FEATURE TO PICK UP ENEMY WEAPONS HOLY SHIT STOP COMPARING EVERYTHING TO THOSE GAMES!

This guy gets it.

3 hours ago, Apex Spartan said:

God, I fucking hate it when someone says (in this case TB), "You can pick up the enemy gun so it feels like HALO or COD clone"...

I mean you can fucking do that in so many FPS and let me tell you ONE THING...

HALO AND COD DIDN'T FUCKING INVENT THE GOD DAMN FEATURE TO PICK UP ENEMY WEAPONS!

Yeah, I remember being able to do that in the likes of Goldeneye and Rise of The Triad back in the nineties and I'm certain there is games that predate even those!  What the actual fuck?

Apex Spartan likes this

Earliest FPS I knew that did that was Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold, and this is a game from 1992.

Crazycrab and PlasticFrogCG like this

The game sucks as a doom title, get over it. People judging the game based on the multiplayer aren't entirely wrong since the shooting mechanics are gonna be the same in the finished product. Yeah the story might be better or worse, thats something we'll see in time. But I doubt the single player will save Doom at this point, at least on PC.

44 minutes ago, Raspharus said:

People judging the game based on the multiplayer aren't entirely wrong since the shooting mechanics are gonna be the same in the finished product.

They are for the most part, though. The multiplayer is only one side of the coin, and to be fair, no one's ever been excited over a Doom game because of being able to kick other people's asses online (although the capability has been there in every game). Quite the contrary, in fact. Multiplayer has never been a primary selling point in any Doom game I've seen. At the end of the day, the single-player campaign is what DOOM will ultimately be remembered for. This isn't your average modern FPS where the multiplayer is the selling point and the single-player campaign is merely breezed over - in DOOM's case, it's vice versa.

I should also address the possibility that the multiplayer weapons are purposefully "dumbed down" from the single-player ones. Such was the case with Doom 3: every weapon had their own damage quotas for single-player and multiplayer, the multiplayer damage being reduced, albeit only slightly. (I used to make Doom 3 mods - trust me, I know what I'm on about.) Now granted, I am just speculating, but the possibility is there.

Unless the single player proves otherwise, this will be DINO (Doom in name only) game.

1 hour ago, The Anti-Santa said:

Salty.

Do you have a problem with folks voicing their concerns and disdain about the overwhelming negativity of the open beta here?

1 hour ago, Glaice said:

Do you have a problem with folks voicing their concerns and disdain about the overwhelming negativity of the open beta here?

If I did, I would have used something more M-rated than 'salty'.

Raspharus likes this

4 hours ago, The Anti-Santa said:

If I did, I would have used something more M-rated than 'salty'.

SAVAGE.

17 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Yeah, I remember being able to do that in the likes of Goldeneye and Rise of The Triad back in the nineties and I'm certain there is games that predate even those!  What the actual fuck?

I think the problem is that, from what I understand you cannot pick up the weapon.

Which means that you are stuck with what you selected which is quite against what was one of the most important parts of playing multiplayer shooters back in the day.

Switching away from something you have low/no ammo for can mean longer survival times, this just complicates things more.

Just got around to watching TB's video on the beta (I'm on a data cap, deal with it) and yeah, if people have issues with the way the loadouts work when the guns are so horrifically unbalanced I don't blame them. Hopefully they actually balance the multiplayer before the game's release, so the rocket launcher, super shotgun, vortex rifle and static rifle wont be the only 4 weapons everyone uses. 

But these weak comparisons to Halo and CoD because it has loadouts and guys in power armour, I can see the connections, but it's still a bullshit argument.

20 minutes ago, The Anti-Santa said:

But these weak comparisons to Halo and CoD because it has loadouts and guys in power armour, I can see the connections, but it's still a bullshit argument.

Man, it must be a fucking CoD and HALO clone. I mean you can take enemy weapons and you can shoot guns. Yea, it's also HALO because it has power armors. HALO invented power armors because Power armors definitely didn't exist in a 1000 games before HALO.

I'm just being sarcastic, no worries, not replying directly to you lol (just in case to clear the air)

Couldn't find the right meme, but here is the closest as it gets

7b3fb36953750dde6b352d764a4c70417987e0fb

Here's the thing. It does feel a bit Halo/CoD. I understand that Halo and CoD don't have a unique bone in their bodies, but they have taken aspects and made them their own. The problem is the GAMEPLAY is more CoD/Halo than it is Doom/Quake.

Raspharus likes this

12 hours ago, Jayson's Rage said:

Here's the thing. It does feel a bit Halo/CoD. I understand that Halo and CoD don't have a unique bone in their bodies, but they have taken aspects and made them their own. The problem is the GAMEPLAY is more CoD/Halo than it is Doom/Quake.

This guy gets it. The whole ajsa doesnt apparently.

14 hours ago, Jayson's Rage said:

This is probably why some to most criticism towards it is so strong. There just wasn't enough "Doom" in DOOM during the beta.

Raspharus likes this

On 19.04.2016 г. at 4:36 PM, The Anti-Santa said:

Yyyyyeaaaaahh, I don't buy these complaints for a second.

You'll excuse me if I shrug off these comparisons to Halo and CoD as nothing, because sorry, they are. Heard it all before, several times over the years. It's a clone of Halo because it has guys in power armour? So I guess All You Need is Kill is a clone of Halo too, because that has guys in power armour. And it's a clone of CoD because........... It's a first person shooter? Yeah, no, that comparison is weak. I'm not seeing it. And I think those people complaining are just seeing it so they can be angry about something. Because I've said it before, and I'll say it again, until we all fucking die; there very clearly seems to just be people on the internet looking to complain about anything. I'm not saying this automatically invalidates anyone's problems with the game. I can't touch you if you're not liking what you're seeing. But cancelling pre orders over something as petty as "it looks a bit too much like Halo"? Then why the fuck did you pre order it in the first place? I dunno....

I mean, this IS a word where someone once said to me Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay was just like Halo. Like, seriously?

It's ridiculous for a game which has ALWAYS had a FUCKING CHAINSAW as a melee weapon to use the pitiful punch while holding weapon as melee and one shot everything, that's Halo. It's also ridiculous that a game which allowed you to carry OVER 9 FUCKING WEAPONS now limits you to 2 weapons which you select pre-match, that's not ARENA SHOOTER, It's also not DOOM It's shit, garbage. An Arena Shooter is supposed to spawn you with a weak weapon, having other weapons scattered around the map and encourage you to move, how does this DOOM's multiplayer encourage you to move? IT DOESN'T Also you can't pick up weapons from the ground. WHAT?!

Also let met add this, the SUPER SHOTGUN Isn't supposed to just be picked pre-match, cause that would make the regular shotgun useless, who would pick regular shotgun when the SUPER shotgun is available right away?! Also you can't say that they aren't like Halo/CoD because the devs for Halo/CoD multiplayer were hired for DOOM's multiplayer.

Raspharus likes this

From what I've heard, the chainsaw has LIMITED use and needs fuel so you can only kill a handful of monsters with it. You'd actually think in the 22nd or 23rd century that they'd have some sort of long lasting power source by then.

11 hours ago, Glaice said:

From what I've heard, the chainsaw has LIMITED use and needs fuel so you can only kill a handful of monsters with it. You'd actually think in the 22nd or 23rd century that they'd have some sort of long lasting power source by then.

Well, makes sense considering its a one shot now. Dont know how I feel about that though, maybe it actually works out. Personally I never used the chainsaw much because since you have get up close its almost guaranteed that you will get hit because of the kill time. Now it doesnt seem like much of a problem. Talking SP here.

On another note, at first I thought to myself how did this thread go wrong? The thread seems to be in agreement that the beta kinda sucked right? But actually, this is about what you can expect in forums and it isnt that bad. Derp myself. Just a heads up though, you guys saying the "feels like Halo/COD" type stuff, I totally get it, I can see it. But, maybe you'll trigger less morons if you say modern mp mechanics or something like that instead.