• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Agent of Darkness

Need Help learning how to socialize

11 posts in this topic

I'm generally a lonely person, I don't know how to talk to people, I can never think of things to talk about, is there anything i can do? to help myself get out of my shell?

Hmmm...

Mate, I don't think there is any rule on how to socilize. You gotta break out of your bubble yourself. Only thing you can do is simply just go out and look for people. One of the best ways to do so is to meet people of similar interests. Just because you don't talk much doesn't mean you can't have friends or socilize.

I'm not a very talkative person myself and if I'm in a group where the conversation is out of my interest, I'm usually just quiet and listen. Sometimes people tease me about it and ask how can I be so quiet and even then I don't know what to say. I'm just like... O.o

Yet with some of my closer friends I can talk my lungs out because I have so many things I can talk about. It's just about you finding the right crowd I suppose, but to do that you just need to make yourself meet people. Maybe try by meeting people online and then chat with them? It's very easy to meet people with similar interests online and then over time try to meet people like that in real life.

Be active on the forums here, meet people and then add them on Skype or somewhere where you can chat.

PlasticFrogCG likes this

It's more difficult to suggest anything not knowing what you do, your job, how old you are, etc. I guess it depends on what your interests are and on the things that you do and want to do. Finding people with similar interests and talking about subjects that you know about will likely make things more simple and can lead you to feeling more confident in talking to people you don't know or talking about other subjects.

Back in my high school day's I was the most tepid, shy, quite person you could fail to notice. Now, as anyone who has played with me on the games nights I've joined on the AJSA will tell you, they're all to polite to tell me to shut up. Even my work colleges didn't believe me when I said that.

So, on reflection, I was to aware and self conscious of the fact that I didn't fit into mold that I reckoned it was best to hide who I was, but didn't know how else to act either, so knida hid myself. I don't really regret it. Teens being the way they are and being the eccentric that I am  would have likely caused more trouble since teens (with all due respect if anyone reading this that is a teen) are cruel, immature and will take any opportunity to stomp someone down even if they don't know or care why.

So really the only advice I can give is to find people who understand you, whether it be in the digital word or real world. I met my long term GF and mother of my child online, so don't think digital relationships can't be real. The AJSA isn't a bad place to start since we all have at least on thing in common, but take your time with it.

Like legolas said its hard to try and suggest what you should do when we have no details but .... Try the ajsa discord its pretty active

thanks for posting guys, and sorry for not being very descriptive,

Play an mmo and become a raid leader. Worked for me =p

Just now, Ghaleon said:

Play an mmo and become a raid leader. Worked for me =p

That requires being social and I think that he might be a bit ... Sensitive towards that situation if something might go.... Wrong

Nah it doesnt require being social. I certainly wasnt. But yeah I added the =p because it isnt exactly something you can just up and do. It requires a set of circumstances.... Being social helps you do it regardless of circumstances though

On 4/8/2016 at 4:16 PM, Apex Spartan said:

Hmmm...

Mate, I don't think there is any rule on how to socilize. You gotta break out of your bubble yourself. Only thing you can do is simply just go out and look for people. One of the best ways to do so is to meet people of similar interests. Just because you don't talk much doesn't mean you can't have friends or socilize.

I'm not a very talkative person myself and if I'm in a group where the conversation is out of my interest, I'm usually just quiet and listen. Sometimes people tease me about it and ask how can I be so quiet and even then I don't know what to say. I'm just like... O.o

Yet with some of my closer friends I can talk my lungs out because I have so many things I can talk about. It's just about you finding the right crowd I suppose, but to do that you just need to make yourself meet people. Maybe try by meeting people online and then chat with them? It's very easy to meet people with similar interests online and then over time try to meet people like that in real life.

Be active on the forums here, meet people and then add them on Skype or somewhere where you can chat.

Dude, are you, like, my clone? I'm the same way! :P

OP - My dad always told me "All you have to do is say 'Hi'".

Of course I can't really say how well that's worked so far in the real world. On the forums I can be pretty chatty on the right topics.

...I think the connection between my brain and my fingers on the keyboard is stronger than the connection between my brain and my mouth. :D

Apex Spartan likes this

Your socializing right now. I used to be a very quiet person and never talked to anyone. I got a job that forced me to talk to people. Social anxiety was my block but one I found out people generally love to talk I was fine. Hope that helps a bit. In summary I just pick a person and start talking, if they don't want to talk me it's not the end of the world. I just talk to someone else.