• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

WITHASTICK

[Ended] April Community Challenge - Will You Die?

27 posts in this topic

OKHhcqK.png
The Soul games over the years have become one of the most acclaimed franchises in gaming. Dark Souls 3 is the latest entry into the Souls series, and much like it’s title- it’s one hell of a Dark game. From the design of the monsters, the carved landscapes, the deep subtle lore and storytelling, even the air itself reeks of the games dark nature. But admiring the game isn’t your challenge, no. Your challenge is to complete achievements in Dark Souls 3 for my pleasure. So brave Champion... Will you embrace the darkness, or will you die?

Update: The Champion has claimed Victory over April's Community Challenge "Will You Die?". However, I encourage everyone to still try and complete the challenge. As when the article goes up to name our Champion, those who at least complete the challenge will be honored alongside the Champion. The article goes up 4/25/16, meaning you have until than to be honored with the Champion.

Be FIRST to obtain ALL three selected Dark Souls 3 in-game Achievements/Trophies (any platform). *To avoid ANY Dark Souls 3 spoilers, the Achievements/Trophies descriptions will not be displayed. However, links of the descriptions are provided for those who wish to know them.*

tYJANIp.png

• Enter your claim to Victory entry here.
  • Enter your claim to Victory entry before 04/25/16.
  • Must display proof showing you’ve earned these three in-game Achievements/Trophies (PC, PS4, XB1).
  • All three in-game Achievements/Trophies must be earned after 04/12/16, and display proof of this (Sorry Japanese players and Non-Japanese earlier buyers).
  • The date will be applied to Global Times. Example if you're living in a timezone and you get your game at 10:00 pm in your Timezone, as long as somewhere in the world it has turned 12:01 am 04/12/16 at the time you earned these trophies you are okay.
  • Your proof must be entered here I will not accept private message entries of any kind, from any source of messaging.
QwiK likes this

Well guess I'm in though digital buyers will have a significant head start over physical buyers if they are playing at the release time. Though one question I have is that involves physical midnight release. You see IF my store has  a midnight launch (I haven't checked yet if they will or not for Dark Souls 3) they go by the eastern coast midnight launch now, so when it's midnight on the east coast, I get the game at 10 PM due to where I live in the US. So would that mean I have to wait until actual midnight in my timezone before doing this challenge? If that's the case then sadly I will say I'm out because I won't wait another two hours to start playing. XD

WITHASTICK likes this

13 minutes ago, argetlam350 said:

Well guess I'm in though digital buyers will have a significant head start over physical buyers if they are playing at the release time. Though one question I have is that involves physical midnight release. You see IF my store has  a midnight launch (I haven't checked yet if they will or not for Dark Souls 3) they go by the eastern coast midnight launch now, so when it's midnight on the east coast, I get the game at 10 PM due to where I live in the US. So would that mean I have to wait until actual midnight in my timezone before doing this challenge? If that's the case then sadly I will say I'm out because I won't wait another two hours to start playing. XD

I will be going by going by global time. So if you get your game at 10 pm of whatever time you are located in, as long as somewhere in the world it had turned 12:01 a.m. before that moment you are fine.

The main post has been updated with a explanation of this for anyone who may have the same question.

I guess I'm in, though massively behind everyone elsr. Going to need to bring my A game. 

WITHASTICK likes this

so i guess i dont count since ive already beat the game......3 times.  jk i know i've had the game eaerly so iits not fair

25 minutes ago, killer190 said:

so i guess i dont count since ive already beat the game......3 times.  jk i know i've had the game eaerly so iits not fair

It does suck. However it sucks how the publisher and developer handle the release of this game. Which is the reason that rule must be stated to give people a shot.

13 minutes ago, WITHASTICK said:

It does suck. However it sucks how the publisher and developer handle the release of this game. Which is the reason that rule must be stated to give people a shot.

it's fine, i think it'll be fun to see who can get it first...i wont be waiting to invade and impede their progress....

disney llama bring it on emperors new groove kuzco

I am ready to be stabbed in the heart, legs, head, or whatever the enemies in this game can throw at me. I will be victorious!!!!!

Well, maybe not against this little girl.

Oh yeah, a tip here. When you see a sign that says "turn back", it means it.

And when you see something like this,

A4136EFE73B08DD8BDC24FE3BDFC87976B523645

Prepare to get screwed.

6EA1FDAEFD2EB0F23956C38945C7A7D43ED8B02E

Unless you are a baws.

30A20B7B5FB6F71D41FFD7801F5A315685255BC8

Shockingly, 0 death so far. I can do this!!

well i dont think my entry counts, but i just beat the game.  however i did not get the trophy for the ending you specified cause i wanted another one that i hadn't seen yet.

proof of completion: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198022223590/stats/374320/achievements/

WITHASTICK likes this

3 hours ago, killer190 said:

well i dont think my entry counts, but i just beat the game.  however i did not get the trophy for the ending you specified cause i wanted another one that i hadn't seen yet.

proof of completion: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198022223590/stats/374320/achievements/

All three achievements/Trophies must be earned after the start time, as defined by the rules which was explained much more clearly.

The two trophies you currently have are Iudex Gundyr and Untended Graves.

4zCiCY6.png

poP0cnN.png

If both the dates and time that are highlighted are correct, than by the rules you're still in the running for this months challenge. Because at some point at those times somewhere in the world it was (or at least passed) 12:01 am 04/12/16.

7 hours ago, WITHASTICK said:

All three achievements/Trophies must be earned after the start time, as defined by the rules which was explained much more clearly.

The two trophies you currently have are Iudex Gundyr and Untended Graves.

4zCiCY6.png

poP0cnN.png

If both the dates and time that are highlighted are correct, than by the rules you're still in the running for this months challenge. Because at some point at those times somewhere in the world it was (or at least passed) 12:01 am 04/12/16.

the problem now is that i would have to play the game over again though for that ending and my next playthrough is gong to be on ps4 where i already have the trophy from before the game came out.  oh well, good luck to everyone else trying to get it then!

9 hours ago, Snapplemonkey said:

YqCB7Ed.png

Here you go!

[Edit]:  I did photoshop this to make all the achievements appear in the same image. Here's my steam profile if you need to fact check http://steamcommunity.com/id/Snapplemonkey

Everything checks out. Snapplemonkey has completed the April Community Challenge! Snapplemonkey your article of your Victory will go up April 25th 2016.

Everyone else, I still want to have a large list of people who completed the April Community Challenge. While you won't be named the Champion, you will be honor for setting out and conquering.

Updating main post.

likes this

Thanks guys! Now to play through the game properly and not rush everything.

18 hours ago, Snapplemonkey said:

YqCB7Ed.png

Here you go!

[Edit]:  I did photoshop this to make all the achievements appear in the same image. Here's my steam profile if you need to fact check http://steamcommunity.com/id/Snapplemonkey

That was fast, congrats.

Well I missed a lot of stuff rushing this, didn't do a single NPC quest except for the one required to get the final achievement. I'm replaying it now properly. Not spending more than 2 tries on any of the bosses helped too (except for the second last boss was stuck almost 2 hours on that one).

Congrats. I was going for it then I decided to do all the bosses before first completion.

Well I don't have images STICK but you can check my psn for them. Just completed it now doing exploration and finding everything I can before round 2.

wont let me add the last screenshot sadly.

At last! I have beaten Dark Souls 3. 3 of those achievements unlocked! Especially the End of Fire ending.

E667072EAE94A9A749FBF77996728012351C9D0B

AA3FAFB09E2DC20893C0B036783FBF7DC35A2166

As an extra, I also beat every single boss in the game. Including the bonus boss The Nameless King.

BC5F26B5B569ADFC113A2A40F1F66D59886D2517

I recommend fighting him. It's so much fun. One of the best boss in the series ever.

First he fights you with his dragon

A172F8D16C9140D888300926CD43AB9931F2C72D

And right after that, he whoops your ass.

189F8DE49E660E23D118A51899C6F16473C2D623

But surprisingly, once you get his attack pattern down, he's the second hardest boss in the game. Mainly because he's polite and give you a chance for a breather. If you attack him fast enough, he'll get stunned and you can stab him for critical damage.

3459DCE06C80E839CA186C2A637FAE8011321740

He has thunder attacks when his health goes down in half, but you can tell when they are coming. Dodge and attack enough times, and he'll go humble.

688296999F8A8223B27A61598D903327041D356D

Now the hardest boss in the game though is Gundyr. Or Champion Gundyr, the first boss in the game, only much more stronger.

D821AFD0B3AB140956AB735495786E1945EC1C10

Son of a bitch, unlike the first time, he has multiple trick attacks that let you think he's only hitting you once, but turns out to hit you twice. He can go for a stab, and then out of nowhere he'll shoulder tackle you, or go for a stab, and then do a slash to the ground in 1 second. What an asshole! 

Despite that dick boss,

Dark Souls 3 has the most collection of greatest boss fights in the entire Dark Souls series. The final boss, WOHOOHOO, the best final boss in the series. Period.

He even uses Kamehameha at one point.

17109F61B978756E657470BDFACE27FEEDBF3443

WITHASTICK likes this

21 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

At last! I have beaten Dark Souls 3. 3 of those achievements unlocked! Especially the End of Fire ending.

E667072EAE94A9A749FBF77996728012351C9D0B

AA3FAFB09E2DC20893C0B036783FBF7DC35A2166

As an extra, I also beat every single boss in the game. Including the bonus boss The Nameless King.

BC5F26B5B569ADFC113A2A40F1F66D59886D2517

I recommend fighting him. It's so much fun. One of the best boss in the series ever. First he fights you with his dragon

A172F8D16C9140D888300926CD43AB9931F2C72D

And right after that, he whoops your ass.

189F8DE49E660E23D118A51899C6F16473C2D623

But surprisingly, once you get his attack pattern down, he's the second hardest boss in the game. Mainly because he's polite and give you a chance for a breather. If you attack him fast enough, he'll get stunned and you can stab him for critical damage.

3459DCE06C80E839CA186C2A637FAE8011321740

He has thunder attacks when his health goes down in half, but you can tell when they are coming. Dodge and attack enough times, and he'll go humble.

688296999F8A8223B27A61598D903327041D356D

Now the hardest boss in the game though is Gundyr. Or Champion Gundyr, the first boss in the game, only much more stronger.

D821AFD0B3AB140956AB735495786E1945EC1C10

Son of a bitch, unlike the first time, he has multiple trick attacks that let you think he's only hitting you once, but turns out to hit you twice. He can go for a stab, and then out of nowhere he'll shoulder tackle you, or go for a stab, and then do a slash to the ground in 1 second. What an asshole! 

Despite that dick boss, Dark Souls 3 has the most collection of greatest boss fights in the entire Dark Souls series. The final boss, WOHOOHOO, the best final boss in the series. Period. He even uses Kamehameha at one point.

17109F61B978756E657470BDFACE27FEEDBF3443

Spoiler Tags probably would've been useful here.

1 hour ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

Spoiler Tags probably would've been useful here.

Done!

You'll have to delete the quote or spoiler tag it yourself, or else what's the point of me spoiler tagging it.

I'd argue against this boss personally, I'm not saying he isn't hard persay but I wouldn't say he is the hardest in the game. Tougher then his former self? Indeed but I would save the toughest probably being the Dancer or Pontiff due to the deadly combo attacks they have. Champion Gundyr has some powerful attacks but I never really had to worry about combos.

However as for best fight I do agree with that. Oh how I love that fight with that boss.

8 minutes ago, argetlam350 said:

I'd argue against this boss personally, I'm not saying he isn't hard persay but I wouldn't say he is the hardest in the game. Tougher then his former self? Indeed but I would save the toughest probably being the Dancer or Pontiff due to the deadly combo attacks they have. Champion Gundyr has some powerful attacks but I never really had to worry about combos.

However as for best fight I do agree with that. Oh how I love that fight with that boss.

I beat Dancer in 2 tries. First time I was blindsided by her spinning sword combo, then I realize I can just go under her boobs, go behind her and slash her legs. She went down quite easily. I was SO close in beating Champion in my first try, but he cornered me into a wall and just spam his spear at me. Then after that, he proceeds to just unleash cheap attacks that's all randomized. What an asshole!! Beaten him after 10 tries.

I like it so much that I want to fight him again. Unfortunately that means New Game + and beating everyone before ALL over again. But I can handle that!