• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

MadDemon64

Which Resident Evil should I buy?

Which one should I buy?   2 members have voted

1. 1. Resident Evil HD Remaster or Resident Evil 4 HD?

• Resident Evil HD Remaster
    • Resident Evil 4 HD

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

14 posts in this topic

So far I have only played Resident Evil 5 co-op with a friend and he basically had it on easy mode when we played it because he had unlocked all the weapons and had a metric ton of ammo.  I currently own Resident Evil: Revelations (but have yet to play it) and have played through the first chapter of Revelations 2.  Because there is a Resident Evil sale currently on GMG (or if I don't get an answer before it is over, in preparation for the next one), which should I get, the original Resident Evil HD Remaster or Resident Evil 4 HD?

Well it depends one what your looking for, if your looking for a more traditional survival horror experience than i would say Resident evil HD Remaster, but if you want something a bit more actiony than RE 4, They are both good games in there own way, well i hope that helps.

MandyB likes this

9 minutes ago, Agent of Darkness said:

Well it depends one what your looking for, if your looking for a more traditional survival horror experience than i would say Resident evil HD Remaster, but if you want something a bit more actiony than RE 4, They are both good games in there own way, well i hope that helps.

Well here is the problem: I have never had a traditional survival horror experience.  Aside from what I mentioned previously, I have only played a bit of Silent Hill: Homecoming (I kicked myself over getting an Xbox 360 when I got the news that "due to technical issues, the bugs and glitches and other technical issues that are present in the Xbox 360 version of the Silent Hill HD Collection", meaning I would never get a proper Silent Hill experience), and all of the Dead Space games (which went the way of Resident Evil 5/6 once Dead Space 3 came along).  Resident Evil 4 is supposed to be a fantastic game, but is Resident Evil better?  Would I even be able to play it since I don't have any "true" survival horro experience?

That's the problem I'm facing.  Or am I worrying too much?

Look up gameplay of both and see if that helps according to RE fans the best game in the series so far is RE 4

1 minute ago, MadDemon64 said:

Well here is the problem: I have never had a traditional survival horror experience.  Aside from what I mentioned previously, I have only played a bit of Silent Hill: Homecoming (I kicked myself over getting an Xbox 360 when I got the news that "due to technical issues, the bugs and glitches and other technical issues that are present in the Xbox 360 version of the Silent Hill HD Collection", meaning I would never get a proper Silent Hill experience), and all of the Dead Space games (which went the way of Resident Evil 5/6 once Dead Space 3 came along).  Resident Evil 4 is supposed to be a fantastic game, but is Resident Evil better?  Would I even be able to play it since I don't have any "true" survival horro experience?

That's the problem I'm facing.  Or am I worrying too much?

Hmm, Well i dont have much experience with either, i got HD remake on Xbone and its good, but yeah, RE 4 is considered the best in the series, and its easy to see why, has a nice blend of tradition and modern action, so RE 4 is probably the safe bet, and if your looking for a good silent hill experience i suggest lone survivor, its a great horror game that is more silent hill than the modern ones, or if you have an older system like a ps2 i would recommend silent hill directors cut.

9 minutes ago, cmg666 said:

Look up gameplay of both and see if that helps according to RE fans the best game in the series so far is RE 4

The best is 4?

5 minutes ago, Agent of Darkness said:

Hmm, Well i dont have much experience with either, i got HD remake on Xbone and its good, but yeah, RE 4 is considered the best in the series, and its easy to see why, has a nice blend of tradition and modern action, so RE 4 is probably the safe bet, and if your looking for a good silent hill experience i suggest lone survivor, its a great horror game that is more silent hill than the modern ones, or if you have an older system like a ps2 i would recommend silent hill directors cut.

Go with 4?  Ok.

Well 4 is defiantly more action based and easier to work with if you more used to modern "Twin stick" style of controls, but for that sense of tension and horror the older games are much better IMO.  So I guess it mostly depends on which style you prefer.

Im playing Resident Evil 0 remaster at the moment, and that is way scarier and intense than the fast action of the newer one. I will be buying Resident Evil 1 remaster after this one. 

If you plan on (eventually) buying both, I recommend getting REmake first.  It's a good game, but tough to go back to after playing 4-6.

If you're only getting one game, I'd say get RE4.  And I don't know if this affects your decision at all, but Capcom plans to release a PS4/Xbone version of 4 later this year.

3 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

Well 4 is defiantly more action based and easier to work with if you more used to modern "Twin stick" style of controls, but for that sense of tension and horror the older games are much better IMO.  So I guess it mostly depends on which style you prefer.

1 hour ago, MandyB said:

Im playing Resident Evil 0 remaster at the moment, and that is way scarier and intense than the fast action of the newer one. I will be buying Resident Evil 1 remaster after this one. 

18 minutes ago, Zieglobaz said:

If you plan on (eventually) buying both, I recommend getting REmake first.  It's a good game, but tough to go back to after playing 4-6.

If you're only getting one game, I'd say get RE4.  And I don't know if this affects your decision at all, but Capcom plans to release a PS4/Xbone version of 4 later this year.

Already bought 4 and plan on buying the REmake (nice name Zieglobaz) later.  And no that does not affect my decision, since I plan on playing it on PC.

On 4/11/2016 at 11:38 AM, MadDemon64 said:

The best is 4?

Personally I like 5 more with my man Chris but yeah 4 is good.

Resident evil 1 (not remaster) is the first survival horror game I can recall. And certainly was the first nearly everyone played back when it was current. So I dont see why no survival horror experience should be a deterrant

1 hour ago, Ghaleon said:

Resident evil 1 (not remaster) is the first survival horror game I can recall. And certainly was the first nearly everyone played back when it was current. So I dont see why no survival horror experience should be a deterrant

Probably because I'm afraid I'm too used to the modern version of "survival horror" that I might not be able to adapt.