• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Every Month, a New Game.

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game to dive into every month! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Krauserlols

Nostalgia Critic vs Angry Joe. Be careful Joe

13 posts in this topic

Here Krauserlols again, this is just something i want to tell Joe before the Batman V Superman review. Dont be a fanboy like you where in Man of Steel review. Here are a few examples

13: 17 - When the Critic mentions that every time Klark's father opens his mouth is just saying how much of a messiah he is.

At first Joe has a good point mentioning that part when his father says "Maybe let them die" is good cause truly his father doesn't know how to respond cause its either do it and show the world what his son is or keep his son's secret but let the kids die, even if Joe had trouble to express it.

But then at 14:43 the Critic explains his point, that everyone sees to just talk how important he is . Joe's answer to that? "He said it differently though..." and doesn't say why or give a counter argument.

16:05 - Angry Joe tries to defend Lois lane's character

Like he says she, at first, is a stronger character, actively looking for answers and has no time for the military's stupidity. Until, like the Critic says, seems like she got hit by the Nolan ray, turning into a cold thing who only talks about how everything around here is SO VERY IMPORTANT GUYS in that distinctive monotone tone.

Joe's answer? talk about how life sometimes can be "like that", life can be cruel and mentions the Lobster costume joke. And that's it, he doesn't make a point proving that the Critic was wrong that they aren't like that, just makes a joke about it and move on.

21:20 - Klark's father sacrifices himself for no reason.

Again the critic makes a good point, Klark's father sacrifices himself even though Clark could have easily saved the dog without using his power and in the worst case scenario he would be fine. But nooooo he had to let the tornado kill him so teach some sort of lesson to Clark.

And once again Joe's answer is dump and empty, he just says that Clark's father think he is right when Critic answers Joe proceeds to just confuse him, not content with that Joe says "that this move is deeper than you think, its raising question", sadly Critic just moves on and doesn't put him on his place. Like what kind of questions? how stupid and self important Clark's father is?

27:50 - Superman is Jesus

Once again Joe talks like he is right. When Critic mentions how heavy the symbolism and comparisons to Superman and Jesus are Joe just rambles about how "It's to show how he would be like more god or man? to show hes humble" Except it just doesn't, it's just to show Superman is god and we should bow to him, seriously did he really had to leave the ship in a cross shaped pose? like this is a video game and his model glitches into a T-pose.

My Problem with this Review is that Angry Joe talks more like a dump fanboy who think he is right, ignores obvious flaws and when said flaws are shown he tries to distract you from them. The only time Joe is right is at 33:00 the critic admits that the fight scene near the end is amazing, cause yeah it actually is a really cool fight.

I wanted the Joe who puts aside his fanboy within if something clearly sucks, points out flaws and recognizes the good things even in the worst of games. Take for example his Review of Injustice where he explain how he likes how he can keep the Super Hero Superman idea intact but he would have respected if they kept with their guns and went with the Evil Superman idea, or points out how the Good Superman at one point blast vehicles with people still in them cause Black Adam is throwing them at him.

Or his review of Halo 5: Shut up grown up are talking. The whole review discussing the few good points it has and how sad it is to be bogged down by its flaws like a boring story, stupid AI and the loss of the iconic split screen, CoD: Advanced Warfare, with its flaws, has a functional split screen for online that doesn't mess with the online experience, in my 5 year old Ps3 with a phone connection what's your excuse halo seriously.

Or perhaps you want an older review? like his top 10 (32) Reasons Fable III sucks, opening with how torn he was cause despite how much he loves the Fable Series he cant like Fable III for all the flaws it has. That Review was in 2011.

I want Joe to respect the words he said during his Halo review, many times. That he is the real fan of it cause he seen the flaws and want to inform them so they can fix them, not just gosh about how awesome and perfect everything is. I dont say he has to be agressive or just say that it sucks. If Joe likes the movie or not i want him to express his points, give counter arguments, give proof of his points. I want Joe to try and convince me to be on his side.

As a last example i want to point out the recent crossover of Bennett the Sage and Nostalgia Critic to review Speed Racer the movie. In it they make a good job at establishing that yes Bennett likes the movie, its not perfect and when NC points out flaws that Bennett can't deny, he agrees but when he sees something he likes, he defends it. Bennett even explains in the end why he doesnt hate Speed Racer as much as the rest, cause while it sucks at east you can see the effort that went into making it unlike other movies that are just directives (Dragon Ball Evolution anyone?).

In the End all i want to say is that, dont be a fanboy Joe, plz dont be a freaking fanboy.

If you like this or not just leave your comments, its just something i wanted to get out of my chest, i would gladly discuss my points though if im wrong.

Putting the fact that Joe will almost certainly never see this post on back burner, I think you're taking this a little to seriously. I'm on the side of the Critic, I don't think Man of Steal is a good film, but the review was for entertainment as much as anything. Valid points and arguments were made on both sides, but it's it's still meant to be a bit fun above all else.

KyleBrackman likes this

They're probably finished shooting the review for the movie by now anyway. I'm also pretty much convinced that whenever Superman is concerned, Joe can't not be a fanboy.

24 minutes ago, Shagger said:

Putting the fact that Joe will almost certainly never see this post on back burner, I think you're taking this a little to seriously. I'm on the side of the Critic, I don't think Man of Steal is a good film, but the review was for entertainment as much as anything. Valid points and arguments were made on sides, but it's it's still meant to be a bit fun above all else.

But most of the jokes feel like they where at the expenses of Joe being a dump fanboy rather than making good points to why he liked the movie.

9 minutes ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

They're probably finished shooting the review for the movie by now anyway. I'm also pretty much convinced that whenever Superman is concerned, Joe can't not be a fanboy.

I know, i guss i just wanted to get it out of my sistem somehow. But He did had some good points in Injustice like i said, he wasnt a fanboy there, he was a fan.

2 hours ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

They have finished it, in fact you can watch it on Vessel right now but it's $2.99 a month.

11 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

They have finished it, in fact you can watch it on Vessel right now but it's $2.99 a month.

I'll wait for it to be on NC's channel on Wednesday for free.

The review wasn't too bad, and Joe didn't have to go fanboy because both he and the critic were on the same side.

Ok first of all why is it even 20 minutes, i expected to 50 mins. And why did it take 2 years for them to make another crossover

I feel a lot of people missed the whole point of the "Martha" part of the movie. It was pretty obvious to me, but then again, not too many people pay attention to movies like these, especially after 2 hours of non-story.

There are two parts to this moment:

1. The moment Superman yells "Save Martha", Bruce is immediately put back in that moment where his parents were killed. But in that instance Bruce is the guy holding the gun, this image in his mind is enough to stun him, to stop him from outright killing Superman on the spot. This makes him confused and angry which leads him to yelling at Superman "why did you say that name?!".

2. Throughout the fight Batman keeps berating Superman by saying "you're not a man", "Men are courageous" and so on. This and previous events establishes that Bruce doesn't see Superman as a man, but as a wannabe god, someone who doesn't belong or deserve the respect he has. However when Lois explains to Bruce that Martha is his mother, it dawns on Bruce that Superman is just another guy who has a mother just like him. He's not some God, he's just another guy trying to do the right thing.

This may seem pedantic, but this honestly made sense to me when I watched the movie. I didn't over analyse it or anything, I just paid attention. This whole "Oh we're friends now because our mothers had the same name" is moronic. Sure the rest of the movie was all over the place, but this part made perfect sense. Especially since the whole movie kind of overplays how Bruce and Clark feel about each other.

EDIT: Just for the sake of clarity, I made this post in response to Joe and the other guysreaction to this scene in the review. So it's not technically off topic.

Rain likes this

On 4/22/2016 at 8:29 AM, Raspharus said:

No one cares mate.

On 4/22/2016 at 9:10 AM, Alexander452 said:

xjOXWAr.jpg

How precious of both of you. The fact that I care already proves you're wrong. Either way, way to add to the discussion.

I see what you're saying, but it feels rather weak for Batman to throw out his previous notion just because he see a bit of humanity in front of him for Superman. The whole "If we believe there's even a one percent chance that he is our enemy, we have to take it as an absolute certainty" was about not taking chances with the guy afterall. Shit was just resolved too quickly. 

That's why we all feel like it went like this

826488f3479eab778f23ea686e1191aa95b992d4

Mr_E_Meatshield and Rain like this