• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
WITHASTICK

Final Fantasy XV

37 posts in this topic

FF-XV-Header-GIF-2.gif

ALMOST A DECADE LATER, and through an entire console cycle Final Fantasy XV (formerly Final Fantasy Versus XIII) is finally making it way to our hands. With the development cycle in itself a story of it's own. But since 2013's E3 showcase fans who've been waiting for so long can finally wait just a little longer. Over the years while this game stayed in development limbo, we've watched it grow and change. To something that originally was meant to be dark. Now a game meant to show a journey and the friendship of that journey. A journey we fans of Final Fantasy has taken for almost a decade. The main protagonist sums this journey for fans best.

"It's been a long time coming... Almost there." - Noctis Lucis Caelum

tumblr_njawf8VqgV1t0e7q6o4_500.gif

FINAL FANTASY XV follows the protagonist, Noctis Lucis Caelum a heir to the throne of his kingdom Lucis, a country holding the world's last crystal. Lucis depends on this crystal greatly and is beneficial to the country's military, political, and economic standing. While Lucis stands by the crystal, the rest of the world has become industrialize. This shift between all the country’s has cause a great Cold War that span for years. Our game takes place after a great peace treaty, having the nations agree to stop this war. The kingdom Niflheim breaks the treaty, conquering the nearby nations before attacking Lucis. During this chaos Noctis and Stella (friend of Noctis) gain a power that's gifted by the goddess of death, The Goddess Etro. Which give these two the ability to foresee and predict the death of individuals. With this power and his friends, Noctis must stop the seizure of Lucis’s crystal before the affair escalates into a global war.

tumblr_njawf8VqgV1t0e7q6o3_500.gif

FINAL FANTASY XV - ENGLISH TRAILER

FINAL FANTASY XV - 40+ MINUTE GAMEPLAY OF EPISODE DUSCAE

I’ve been waiting for this title for years since its first announcement, even before the PS3 was announced. Back than it was announced as Final Fantasy Versus XIII, one of three XIII games that would live in the same universe in some way. Back than our protagonist was only known as The Dark Prince, and in earlier interviews around the announcement it shows even Lightning (known as protagonist elf back than) talking about The Dark Prince. But as we know the Final Fantasy XIII game became its own universe, which many fans hated the XIII series (myself being one of them.) I instead sat and waited in hopes that maybe Versus XIII would even come out. Years of just little bits here and there. Once in awhile a new few minute gameplay or trailer would pop on the internet. Finally at E3 2013 they announced Final Fantasy Versus 13 will be coming and now called Final Fantasy XV. Which is a fluke in itself because Square-Enix rarely announces a new title for their main game series at E3. So when I saw that trailer on that stage, at Sony’s Press Conference, after years of waiting I cheered in excitement. I cried in happiness knowing my and many fans long wait, is now having wait a little more.

Many people who haven’t kept up over the years saw this trailer and were confused. Yes Final Fantasy XV is ripping Kingdom Hearts off cause it was being made by the Kingdom Hearts guys. That Kingdom Hearts 3 development was halted for Final Fantasy XV’s development. To me I like this new gameplay step that is similar to Kingdom Hearts. I find it far more improving that Final Fantasy XIII’s battle system, where I hit auto over and over to win. I like how the story has changed from what seem to be a far darker view, to a more of Journey and Friendship adventure in a large beautiful world. I love how it has a modern spin to it, along with it’s Fantasy touch. I’ve and many waited almost a decade for this title. A title that was announced far before PS3 and Xbox 360 was out or even announced. A title that skipped an entire console cycle. Will this make the game far more better now? I bet it will.

I wanted to make this thread cause of the increasing discussion and news of Final Fantasy XV. It’s surprise after years of waiting that there would be so much news for it. So I thought we’ve a general thread to keep it in. But please do not ignore the threads already made for Final Fantasy XV like, Final Fantasy XV TGS 2014 Trailer.

When they first announced the Fabula Nova Crystallis series the one game that stood out the most to me was Versus XIII.  Don't know what really drew me to it over the other two titles initially announced(probably the idea that it would be a FF done KH Style), but it certainly had a style that I found alluring.  Every year after the initial announcement we heard less and less about it until bam it was just at E3 sporting a new title.  The change in title put a smile on my face as I hoped they were planning on completely removing it from anything involving XIII.

When they first announced the Fabula Nova Crystallis series the one game that stood out the most to me was Versus XIII.  Don't know what really drew me to it over the other two titles initially announced(probably the idea that it would be a FF done KH Style), but it certainly had a style that I found alluring.  Every year after the initial announcement we heard less and less about it until bam it was just at E3 sporting a new title.  The change in title put a smile on my face as I hoped they were planning on completely removing it from anything involving XIII.

I remember the two conversations with my friend leading up to the unknown announcement. Back when Sony was having their PS4 Press Conference in February, a Square-Enix representative stepped out and said "We will be announcing something at E3." My response was "IT BETTER BE FF VERSUS XIII!" My friend being there when I shouted this. The second was during E3, it finally got the Sony Press Conference and just before Square-Enix had made their announcement, my same friend had asked me "Hey they might announce FF XV?" I just shook my had after years of wait "Nah they probably wont." As soon as their video played and I saw those words "Fabula Nova Crystallis" I paused with a heartbeat skipped. Than when I heard the female voice (Stella most likely) say the name Noctis I yelled in happiness.

I agree though I don't what draw me to Versus XIII back than at first. Maybe it was cause of the modern look of it, with the Kingdom Hearts guys. But here I am looking forward to this Final Fantasy title after years of wait. Half-Life fans, I know your feeling of wait and I hope your pain can end soon like us FF fans pain is now ending.

Null likes this

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2014/09/22/final-fantasy-xvs-demo-to-feature-3-4-hours-of-content/106669/

From the Article:

The upcoming Final Fantasy XV demo is going to be quite meaty with an open area and dungeons to explore.

Square Enix shared new details about the demo during a NicoNico live-stream (translated by Siliconera). The demo, titled “Episode Duscae,” will take place in the Duscae region and allow players to roam its lush landscapes as well as multiple dungeons. The company has confirmed that exploring all of this content will take 3-4 hours, but that number can be increased if you opt out of using vehicle.

A car will be made available to those looking for quick transportation. You can drive it yourself, or have Ignis (a party member) take the wheel as part of an auto-drive feature. Square Enix also hinted that there’ll be some Chocobos to ride in the demo. Unlike previous Final Fantasy demos, Final Fantasy XV’s will not end with an epic boss fight. Instead, Square is promising something impressive that will resonate with fans of the Final Fantasy franchise.

Access to the Final Fantasy XV demo will be available with the purchase of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, which launches March 17, 2015 on PS4 and Xbox One. Final Fanatsy XV, however, does not have a release date.

Wow, sounds like a really in depth demo.  Bringing back cars as a mode of transportation is pretty dope.  The forests of Timber sure have changed.

Your post just now about the demo has just open my eyes and made me smile. You mean to tell me they're giving us a 3-4 hour demo story wise, with an exploring world, with dungeons to explore. All this for free! If only other game developers and companies followed this. *cough* Metal Gear Ground Zero's *cough*

All jokes aside, I am happy to hear that this Demo isn't just a one level thing. But instead a open world, which Final Fantasy is based upon open worlds! Like I said Tokyo Game Show is my video game Christmas!

I'm looking forward to FFXV. The PS4 needs more JRPG's. If they would release old JRPG's on the PS4 for digital download they get my money. Titles like Dragon Quest Vlll, FFVll and other Square Enix RPG's to the PS4. I only have a PS4 so maybe i'm being selfish but it would make me so happy.

So any and all special editions for this game I will buy and/or whore out for. Please be a PS4 console FF XV Edition.

HeroEightyTwo likes this

I've like the story of every Final Fantasy game I've played (which starts at 7), exception being XIII-2 and XIII-3 they were a bit muddled so I'm really looking forward to this.

I wasn't a fan of the linear nature of XIII or the auto fight system but the story made up for it for me. VIII will always be my favourite.

I'm pretty big on plots that draw me in and get me invested in the characters and is usually something Final Fantasy does really well.

I can't get very excited yet with the demo still being 6 months away, meaning the game might be a year off still but I know I will be when they announce a date and may be some special editions :)

I can't get very excited yet with the demo still being 6 months away, meaning the game might be a year off still but I know I will be when they announce a date and may be some special editions :)

To know we're a year or two off for this title is enough for me. After almost a decade wait, I can wait just a little longer. Plus if they deliver what they promise with the Demo, it would hold me over.

HeroEightyTwo likes this

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/11/final-fantasy-xvs-action-will-feel-realistic-kingdom-hearts-still-speedy/

Car customization will be a thing.  I'm thinking some nice Dark Knight Cecil inspired spinners with a Squall Leonheart paint job with a nice chrome chocobo hood ornament with fluffy pink dice hanging from the rear view mirror.

There is a strong possibility of some kind of airship or at least something to fill that role.

Square-Enix released an English version of Final Fantasy XV's trailer, for us English speaking people (we're watching you Asia.)

Another gameplay footage of Final Fantasy XV, from Square-enix. We get some more story (for those having a hard time keeping up) and our first look at Cid! Plus a final shot showing off possibly Titan and a battle we might have to face against him.

Another gameplay footage of Final Fantasy XV, from Square-enix. We get some more story (for those having a hard time keeping up) and our first look at Cid! Plus a final shot showing off possibly Titan and a battle we might have to face against him.

So far this game looks badass.  I'm trying to keep from getting too hyped about it, but I know I'll be the first to get it the day it finally comes out.  The only issue I have is that there seems to be a lack of playable characters, there's only four by what I've seen in the trailer.  I know Kingdom Hearts had three main playable characters with a fourth depending on which world Sora was in, but still, sometimes I found it a bit lacking; luckily it made up for it with a fairly decent story, sick character designs, and controls which were fairly easy to pick-up.  I guess the question I should be asking is, "Are there any more playable characters?"

I guess the question I should be asking is, "Are there any more playable characters?"

No there doesn't seem to be anymore playable character beyond the four we see. With that said, I am glad. Final Fantasy's 1-3 focus on these core group of 4 adventurers you travel with through the world. Was only until Final Fantasy 4 did we start increasing the amount of playable characters to hell nearly 20 for certain games like Final Fantasy 6. To be honest, I like the change I am liking all the change, some old, some new. Getting back to a core group of playable character's we'll focus on through this world that we travel in. We'll have those side characters like our new Cid. Also like the sense of an adventure. I know alot of people are already saying "it's just a roadtrip game!" When really if you look at Final Fantasy games as a whole, they are roadtrip games, you just never had a car until now. I am still pumped for this game, as it really is my last chance with this series, Final Fantasy 13 trilogy scarred my love for it. I am hoping this can bring back that old love they seem to be capturing so well.

Simply, is it sad we might not get more playable characters that aren't of the core four we have seen, sure. But am I mad or do I want a bunch of characters, not really. Opinions in the end though.

leachy22 likes this

I just peed a little!

No there doesn't seem to be anymore playable character beyond the four we see. With that said, I am glad. Final Fantasy's 1-3 focus on these core group of 4 adventurers you travel with through the world. Was only until Final Fantasy 4 did we start increasing the amount of playable characters to hell nearly 20 for certain games like Final Fantasy 6. To be honest, I like the change I am liking all the change, some old, some new. Getting back to a core group of playable character's we'll focus on through this world that we travel in. We'll have those side characters like our new Cid. Also like the sense of an adventure. I know alot of people are already saying "it's just a roadtrip game!" When really if you look at Final Fantasy games as a whole, they are roadtrip games, you just never had a car until now. I am still pumped for this game, as it really is my last chance with this series, Final Fantasy 13 trilogy scarred my love for it. I am hoping this can bring back that old love they seem to be capturing so well.

Simply, is it sad we might not get more playable characters that aren't of the core four we have seen, sure. But am I mad or do I want a bunch of characters, not really. Opinions in the end though.

I guess you could think quality over quantity, when it comes to the characters anyway.  And I also love the idea that they're incorporating the car into traveling.  Yeah it's been done in other FF games, but not to this extent.  It's like it's been made more realistic than any of the other FF games to date.  I mean when your traveling from town to town or city to city, are you driving over grass?  No, your not, your staying on the road occasionally looking at the scenery, maybe even pulling off on the side of the highway and exploring a little bit.  I don't see how anyone could hate it, but I don't look at it as a roadtrip game, I look at it as a potential badass game that just happens to have roadtrip elements.

And to comment on the cityscape, it's amazing looking.  The original FF games just had an overhead view of a town or city with a couple houses to explore.  In later installments, city and towns were broken up into several different landscapes with each new screen offering a new image.  This on the other hand makes you want to explore the entire town or city.  I mean it's a FF game with a sandbox feel and I'm not used to that.  I think FFXII tried to do it and in my opinion failed miserably.  Rogue Galaxy, though made by a different company (I think),  did somewhat well but it didn't offer that explorer aspect that FFXV is possibly offering.

Like I mentioned, I don't want to be hyped for the game, but part of me is.

Like I mentioned, I don't want to be hyped for the game, but part of me is.

After nearly a decade of waiting and watching this game become what it is. I can not deny my hype for it. As much as 2014 taught me not to be hyped for anything. This just feels more personal after waiting for so long.

And to comment on the cityscape, it's amazing looking.  The original FF games just had an overhead view of a town or city with a couple houses to explore.  In later installments, city and towns were broken up into several different landscapes with each new screen offering a new image.  This on the other hand makes you want to explore the entire town or city.

I'll agree with the beautiful scenario. So far I been loving how the land looks with each little bit we glimpse at. But seeing that very Italian/Greek style town which looks to be by the sea I went "Oh even the towns can be beautiful too now!"

Either way we got time until this title comes out. I know Square and rumors have both express that FF XV will be out later 2015. I even shake my head and think it'll be more in the 2016 range. Even than though I can wait one more year, I really can. After seeing how much we are getting and progress is being made compare to the decade we already waited.

Dude I would rather wait another year than have them release a half-finished product.  It took Bioware almost 4 years to release Dragon Age Inquisition and personally I think it was well worth the wait.  You can't rush art, so I'd rather wait, you know?

Crazycrab likes this

Late on this but a 40 minute gameplay video was put out of Final Fantasy XV. This demo is straight from the demo 'Episode Duscae' which will be playable in the coming month. Having scene this strengthens my resolve for this game. As well hearing that 'Episode Duscae' is done and will ship with Final Fantasy Type-0 HD. That and also the game is now 60% done, with the hard part aside the games director summed it up as "we're near the end." So a POSSIBLE 2015 release could probably happen. But it is slim.

Recently Final Fantasy XV showed off it's wildlife in action in great beauty. Like a episode of planet earth, just in Final Fantasy. Before anyone says anything yes, the wildlife will not be as lush in the 'Episode Ducsae'. As it is a demo of the game and not all features are in. But the animals in the demo are lush enough for the time.

http://youtu.be/liW836zMys8

Here is a quote about the length of Episode Duscae (Demo) from the FFXV Wikia page -

"According to Final Fantasy XV director Hajime Tabata, players will get two hours of gameplay out of Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae; this can be increased to three or four hours if they really dive into it."

Source: http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Final_Fantasy_XV:_Episode_Duscae

This... this right here... this I can use to help get it up at night... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

likes this

This... this right here... this I can use to help get it up at night... YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!

I am a BIG Metal Gear fan, but this is how you demo your game...unlike what Kojima did with Ground Zeroes (even though I still bought into it day one for the PS3 and even bought it later for the PS4 and PC lmao)

I am extremely hyped for this game, which is dangerous as I've been hurt before.

I am really tempted to Buy FF type 0 for the demo (even though in my personal opinion I think that game looks terrible)

Also fully intend on forcing someone to make a mash up between FFXV footage and Scar Tissue from Red Hot Chilli Peppers.

At gun point if necessary.