• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Scope

Grüezi and hello

18 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Some years ago I started to play my first multiplayer games like Quake 2 and Starsiege Tribes (ok many years ago). Later I switched to CS and COD but I never had the pleasure to be part of a big gaming community like the AJSA. Finally, I gave it a try and hope to have some good discussions and fun in the arenas with you guys.
Btw I just started with BF4 as well and hope for your support (and patience). 

Twisted Chi and DoctorEvil like this

Welcome to the AJSA. Are you in Germany? I'v always wanted to go to Germany. Do you play Xbox or PC?

Thank you Seirex. Yes I am german but living in Switzerland. I play PC and PS4.

Sad day about the no Xbox, I wanted some one to speak German too. J/k

I just joined a couple days ago, community seems pretty cool

Yes it is really a pity but  who knows maybe I will buy a X1 in the near future. As long as there is no Halo coming out on PC.

My first impression about this community is also very good. Would be nice to find some more German speaking people.

Seirex likes this

On 19.4.2016 at 9:44 AM, Scope said:

Yes it is really a pity but  who knows maybe I will buy a X1 in the near future. As long as there is no Halo coming out on PC.

My first impression about this community is also very good. Would be nice to find some more German speaking people.

Hallöchen, bin auch ganz zufällig Deutsch. Nun ja...nicht ganz... :P 

We have a discord server set up, hop in and get involved! :) 

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/0iHbkwYao3PpzVS2

Scope likes this

Oh a fellow AJSA member from Zurich. Welcome and enjoy your stay!

Scope likes this

ich hat hören du kann nicht spiel ein spiel das hat blut im deutschland ist das wahr? mögen Battlefield

English : Is it true you can't play violent video games in Germany? Like battlefield

9 hours ago, Seirex said:

ich hat hören du kann nicht spiel ein spiel das hat blut im deutschland ist das wahr? mögen Battlefield

English : Is it true you can't play violent video games in Germany? Like battlefield

Teilweise ja, es gibt bestimmte Spiele die aufgrund exzessiver Gewaltdarstellung verboten sind bzw nur an Personen über 18 Jahre verkauft werden dürfen.

Battlefield und die COD Reihe sind allerdings frei. In der Schweiz sind diese Regeln eh nicht so streng. Was in Deutschland auf jeden Fall verboten ist, sind Nazi-Symbole in Spielen.

English: Partially true. There were some very violent games banned in the past like Doom or Quake but today most of them are available when you are 18 or older.

Still forbidden is to show Nazi Symbols in games but also this is not an issue as the publisher replace the symbols for the german market. In Switzerland the restrictons are less hard. Battlefield and e.g. COD are fully available. Acutally I don`t remember a recent released game which landed on the indexx.

alle das Nazi bist tote jetzt. Tun argern du das die spiel ist zensiert? Es tut mir leid, mein deutsch ist kein gut. Ich bin lernen.

kann du habe eine Englischland spiel? nicht das Nazi-Symbolen bist alles klar

English : all the Nazi's are dead now, do you get anoyed that the games are censored? I'm sorry my german is not good. I am learning. Can you have a British game? not that Nazi symbols are all right

On 4/21/2016 at 8:40 AM, Seirex said:

alle das Nazi bist tote jetzt. Tun argern du das die spiel ist zensiert? Es tut mir leid, mein deutsch ist kein gut. Ich bin lernen.

kann du habe eine Englischland spiel? nicht das Nazi-Symbolen bist alles klar

English : all the Nazi's are dead now, do you get anoyed that the games are censored? I'm sorry my german is not good. I am learning. Can you have a British game? not that Nazi symbols are all right

Don't excuse for being awesome. Learning another language (especially a difficult one like german) is never easy and while the grammar might be not perfect I can easily understand what you try to say.

It has gotten better over the years. Fewer games are censored in germany but it still happens quite often. While I do get the thought process to why nazi symbols etc. are forbidden within games I wish that they would be allowed. Everybody knows what they should represent and it is (a very sad and dark) part of our history. In order to show the youth what happened back then or just to make fun of it we need to easen up a bit. The biggest issue right now is that the political right wing is gaining more and more traction over here and while it might be nowhere near as bad as back then it has potential to start the horror again.

You can get british games that are uncensored via VPN connection or order them online but with specific games you are walking a very narrow path that could potentially end bad for you.

Scope likes this

I'm guessing that's illegal than. So the censor is like a ban? I understand why the German government would ban physical items. Are there movies that get banned for the same reason? 

I wanted to stay in Germany for a bit, I'll need to study some German laws. Studying the laws would be a good idea wherever you go though.

In regards to WW2 Id like to think that kind of hate could never exist anymore, but that's unrealistic. People seem to be stuck on the differences between us. People are people, I've never understood blind hatered or discrimination.

Scope and Twisted Chi like this

It is not illegal as long as you are not reselling them or using/carrying it in public areas. In regards of Movies it is different as they count as part of history education and are therefore normally not banned. I still don`t understand why German laws judging games different than movies.

Do you have already a place in Germany in mind? And yes it is a very good idea to know and understand the laws wherever you go. Especially when there are so many and complicate ones like Germany has :-P

Fully agree on the last part. That is why such global communities are so important. It is nice to meet and talk to people from all over the world.

Seirex and Twisted Chi like this

I was looking at the University of Stuttgart - Arts and Media to continue my education. I'm not 100% set on Stuttgart though. I'm working on a software development dagree, however I'd prefer game design. It's hard to find a University that has that. I also looked at Frankfurt and München

I was born close to Stuttgart. The Uni is a good one and the people are nice but I would rather recommend Frankfurt. Stuttgart smaller and there is not so much action like in F or M. Munich is quite expensive to live otherwise this would be my recommendation. 

Switzerland has also a University which offers game design. The ZHdK in Zürich. (80km away from the german border)

Seirex likes this

I was looking at scholarships I found a couple I would like to apply for. I was also looking at bachelor's dagrees credits, a standard class has a credit load of 5 but a lot of the German ones I saw were 2.5 is that right?

yes that is true. The credit load is different but unfortuntately I don`t no the current situation as my study was already 8 years ago.