• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

65 posts in this topic

Apparently No mans sky CAN be completed in 30 hours,. I know its how you play it and explore to make a game last but it still lingers in the back of  your mind that it could be all over sooner than you think.  

1 hour ago, SB_NextGen said:

Apparently No mans sky CAN be completed in 30 hours,. I know its how you play it and explore to make a game last but it still lingers in the back of  your mind that it could be all over sooner than you think.  

30 hours sounds fine to me.  Especially when the replay value is pretty much limitless. 

Also it seems he was rushing it, he also said he was exploiting some kind of a bug with which you farm some items or something that helps you get there faster. Most people if they want fun in this game will explore and not instantly rush towards the end of the game. Developers already confirmed that the 30h period to the galaxy is not what they planned, but that it's a bug and exploit which they are working on fixing, so the game will be longer. Also 30h is still a lot.

If I decide to play this, there is no way I will be in hurry to finish the game.

Crazycrab likes this

PlayStation Music sat down with 65daysofstatic (The band behind No Man's Sky entire game score) and got the chance to interview them. Mainly going over the behind the scenes work into making the wondrous music for No Man's Sky. But that's not the only reason, today marks the release of No Man's Sky's soundtrack! I'll include the link to the article, the video interview, and the playlist of the soundtrack.

PlayStation Blog Article Source: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/04/08/no-mans-sky-soundtrack-out-today/

likes this

On 7/15/2016 at 4:23 AM, skullhead51 said:

I thought he meant center of the galaxy in no man's sky. :P

Someone will probably hack the game and find out soon after release though.

Which is why I will avoid the internet after I start playing the game :)

Looks like some people got the game early and are already streaming it on twitch.

No Man's Sky has finally released!

Years of waiting, years of trailers and demos, years of trying to figure out what No Man's Sky is. Now finally here for everyone.

Hello Games shares this moment of release with a final Launch Trailer, and you know what it's been a long journey.

Not just for the wait, but for the evolution of what this game has become. Sean Murray was asked if No Man's Sky today is the same as it's first concept. He simply replied very close, but not in the sense that they didn't make it... but rather passed their concepts. Whether you are excited or not, what they have tried to make and accomplished to create is impressive... no far more than impressive. It's... magical.

likes this

Right now (Til August 29th) we're challenging the Angry Joe Show Army Community to go explore the universe of No Man's Sky. Discover new things (Galaxies, systems, planets, creatures, aliens, space stations, etc) record their findings and share it with the community. The more interesting, the more you discover will earn you champion of our monthly challenge. Take part in discovering a new universe, and learn more of the challenge http://angryjoeshow.com/ajsa/forums/topic/35982-august-community-challenge-no-our-sky/

the game is getting destroyed by user reviews on Metacritic.

I lost interest on the game since i saw how it works.  Game looks meh, it's like Subnautica just instead of water, it's land and space. I expected some intense action during exploring (like S.T.A.L.K.E.R., Metro last light or Fallout), with RPG Elements and Space combat worthy to the likes of Freelancer, Rouge Squadron 3 or Freespace 2 but instead it looks like it's just another Survival game and crafting with "hidden time limits" (hazard bar slowly depleting, life support bar slowly depleting..etc.). The combat gameplay looks average at best, the exploration looks way too repetitive because of crafting the same things, with different names over and over again, mostly because you have to survive, nothing is persistant, once you leave a planet it disassembles itself and reforms again. Chars have no personality, weapons look like they have no feedback, the environment lacks of atmosfere...it's all "been there, done that" just like ARK, The Forest, Don't starve, Subnautica, Space Engineers, Rust, and many more. 

I'll wait for a massive price drop before getting this game. Saving $60 for Deus Ex Mankind Divided.

The game itself is alright. It's like Sid Meier's Pirate or Mount and Blade where everything is up to you. Basically you enter a planet and just do what is told. Like collect resources for your ship or scan wildlife, and with space + ground combat here and there. The random planet generator is impressive, and it'll be fun to visit every place you can. But if the gameplay is almost the same in each place you visit, I can see people getting bored easily. 

I call this the "Dynasty Warriors" syndrome. Because Omega Force and their Dynasty, Samurai, One Piece, Gundam and Hyrule Warriors game all have the same gameplay but with different skins and story. Difference is this is happening in No Man's Sky's billions of planets that you visit. If you don't mind the repetitive shit, then you'll be alright with this game. Until you had enough of it.

and zawisz like this

On 3/12/2016 at 11:13 AM, Copper Hay said:

I'm guessing the ability to destroy a planet will be in the DLC ....

But that is insignificant next to the power of the Force!

...sorry, I just had too.

On 8/4/2016 at 6:23 AM, Crazycrab said:

30 hours sounds fine to me.  Especially when the replay value is pretty much limitless. 

Knowing that it actually HAS and end is enough for me. So tired of these open sandboxes that don't really have an "end" even if you finished the "main" quest line *glares at Fallout 4 / Skyrim*

I really haven't been keeping track of this but the trailer looks cool! I just got into Elite Dangerous, but this looks like it has waaaay more content!

Going to wait for the PC version and till they work out some of the early bugs, though.

23 minutes ago, Glaice said:

I just made a topic addressing this LINK.  It's true though, this is one of the worst PC ports ever.  Pretty much everything that can be wrong is wrong.

This thread should be renamed crushed dreams. Damn, I'm so glad I always had my doubts. Sean Murray really screwed Day 1 buyers.

My opinion about this game is that if the product (no mans sky in our case) its not what it was advertised to be, (and it's not what it was suppose to be) then its not worth your time or your money. 56,50 euros (the best available price in my city) to buy an indie game? seriously? and when i do buy it then i realise that it's not what they said it would be? no thanks, i'll pass