• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

Mid-Season magic + Elemental Dragons + Mage reworks

10 posts in this topic

Kinda weird that they put out such ahughe change in mid season though... feel like they could have implemented these changes in pre-season.

Nevertheless really excited for the Drake changes as it means a more exciting early game, especially in the pro scene. Hope we get to see the drake-dances from last season xD. Not sure how to feel about the mage changes. Have to see how they play out, but if they are as good as they look, most of them could be pretty op.

5 minutes ago, freeeza21 said:

Kinda weird that they put out such ahughe change in mid season though... feel like they could have implemented these changes in pre-season.

Preseason we had the ADC reworks and changes^^

It's always like that with League, several changes throughout the same season. Last season junglers recieved the changes in preseason and then tanks changed to juggernaughts in midseason.

5 minutes ago, Apex Spartan said:

Preseason we had the ADC reworks and changes^^

It's always like that with League, several changes throughout the same season. Last season junglers recieved the changes in preseason and then tanks changed to juggernaughts in midseason.

Yea the juggermaw times... thank god those are over xD

They tried to get more early relevance to top lane through rift herald, but that turned out to be a trade option for drake and not something to contest thus why I think the drake changes are a bit late. Though you can kinda see why they change it now and not back in preseason, as they didn't know how it is going to play out in proffesional play

Apex Spartan likes this

Its a little weird so far i have not been contested for the rift herald in any of my games. No one seems to want a 20 min buff. which is quite easily taken at lvl 5 between top and jungle. 

You know what i hate about this whole mage update....,my main is now perma banned and i can never play him :(

RIP being a malzahar main

I haven't been playing much, but one reason  I enjoy it is because top isn't all about that full tank maddness anymore. Except those terrible and dirty Maokai players, but otherwise it's fine.

I never liked midlane and now even less. Not to mention I don't enjoy the game as much since my favorite role is never really cared for and a 0/10 mage can always oneshot a 10/0 ADC almost. As a ADC main, preseason was OK but then again they nerfed everything that made ADCs really strong and then buffed tank items and now buffed mages. ADCs are always so hard to play and have to put in so much effort to carry that it just became antifun for me. I either just start playing something less stressful or just don't play at all lol

I don't main ADCs as in that's the only role I play, because for example I play top even more than ADC, but ADC I know how to play most of all and I position really good with them and I know when to fight and when to just farm. But they aren't a fun role for me since they are always the easiest role to punish, but also the fact I'm really not having fun in league in general could be a big factor as why I don't enjoy ADCs + the fact that they 90% in all metas don't have a fun time doesn't help me.

Playing Irelia, Gankplank, Fiora and Darius top for me is a lot easier than when I play ADC. With ADCs it's like if you fuck up, you already lost. If you misstep or misposition it's over. I can be 2/6 with Irelia and carry so hard or with Gankplank and Fiora prenerfs, but ADCs...too easy to fall behind and be punished if you misplay. Now the fact that so many mages are strong, Zed got an indirect buff plus Darius, Riven and others so again ADC are dropped behind.

I play top/jungle now and my overall perfomance is better than when I play ADCs better than when I play those 2 roles. I play top really sloppy and jungle same and I still have better perfomance and winrates than with ADCs. I have worse K/D with top and jungle but more winrates since the champs there are so "balanced" that it's so easy to carry even if you feed or don't do too well.

Tho I just dont play the game anymore so I dont care. Overwatch coming out in less than 2 weeks and I might completely switch from League to there and just play League ocassionally to test a new champ or some patch I wanna try out.

On 5/10/2016 at 8:05 AM, TheTitan said:

Its a little weird so far i have not been contested for the rift herald in any of my games. No one seems to want a 20 min buff. which is quite easily taken at lvl 5 between top and jungle. 

I have never tried getting Rift Herald before. Can you really solo it at lvl 5? And with what champ?

I meant with the The Top and Jungle. I have taken it with Tank Akali and a xin zhao. but it isnt that strong if you just switch who gets hit.

I play jungle Xin so Ill look into trying this out.