• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

PlasticFrogCG

Is there a game that you tourture yourself with?

15 posts in this topic

Ok...so...I just got done playing Half-Life2: Episode 2...AGAIN...for like the BILLIONTH time.

Every single time I get to that ending... :o:(:angry:

And yet despite having only the faintest of hope that Valve will actually finish the story (supported by this wonderful little article: http://www.denofgeek.us/games/half-life/250840/why-half-life-2-episode-3-never-happened ) I still play it over and over again.

Despite all the games with good stories I've played, this is the one that I still say has yet to be matched. Other games have come darn close (Uncharted and The Last of Us), but they are still missing that sense that you are actually a part of what is happening instead of just seeing the story of the protagonist unfold.

Despite it looking very dated now (almost ten years old) I think it is still infinitely playable. I I will keep going back to it as long as my PC is able to play it!

I like to torture myself with StarCraft II. What a surprise!

I hate that game.
I love that game.

Would you Kindly likes this

Nier I kept playing over and over again trying to find the happy ending only to find none it is not a game for anyone with depression.

CSGO. I really want to quit sometimes, but then I realise I have no other game I'm willing to sink a lot of time into... It's literally my go-to game whenever I have no idea what to do with my time.

Beatmaster A.C. likes this

Mount & Blade: Warband

The combat in that game is either the most fun you will experience (e.g. spinning off a balcony and headshotting someone with a javelin) or the most infuriating you will experience (e.g. those motherfuckers who couch lance or use hammers -- which have an unblockable up attack -- ) but nonetheless I still play it... at least until Bannerlord comes out, then I can start the whole process all over again =D

3 hours ago, ProdiGY_DE said:

I like to torture myself with StarCraft II. What a surprise!

I hate that game.
I love that game.

This, always this. I never play multiplayer any more because of this game.

12 hours ago, Dyzzles said:

CSGO. I really want to quit sometimes, but then I realise I have no other game I'm willing to sink a lot of time into... It's literally my go-to game whenever I have no idea what to do with my time.

what he said. +1

Dyzzles likes this

League of Legends

Pretty much the same problem like Dyzzles, I really wanna quit it but I got nothing else to play a lot. Every single SP game I was interested I already played and MMORPGs, another genre I can put lots of time into are currently all garbage. I'm about to test a new one so I hope it's good. I enjoy LoL a lot, but playing it competitive can get really stressing.

Dyzzles likes this

I torture myself alot 'playing' skyrim.... Basically I waste like 10 hours getting all the mods I want and really struggling to find a way to make my character loom the way I want, but fail every time. Then I givw up and say eff it, lets just try to wnjoy the game with a shitty avatar. Get virtually nowhere, because I get bored of the game and quit... Them I repeat this agonizing process like a year later.

Mr. Molotov likes this

Army Men. I simultaneously love and hate it for its shit controls and abundant glitches. Which is probably insane.

A lot torture themselves with Dark Souls I bet.

I torture myself playing Warframe every day, because I have to resist spending money on platinum every time I see a good deal on prime gear and mods...

I would torture myself with Star Trek Online, refining dilithium every day on that game. And if I could get the launcher to work... I'd probably do it all over again.

Please help me...

Any Google Play random games that I downloaded in my Smartphone for my curiosity and for my boredom. Most of them have many atrocious micro-transaction and way to long grind games. Many of them I played for few minutes and then I deleted them.

Star Wars Battlefront. I am a huge Star Wars Fan and like how the game looks like but the actual gameplay is boring like hell after 1hour already. However I forget how boring it is after two days and start it again...and again...