• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Lhouraii

Got my 57 y/o Mother to Play Skyrim! XD

10 posts in this topic

I just wanted to tell you all because I just can't believe it! XD

I bought her an Xbox 360 and some games. I got her to play DA:Inquisition for a little while but then my 15y/o nephew (I know that's weird to have such an old nephew in my 20's XD) got her to play Skyrim. 

It was SO funny! We were both just shouting constantly -

"Unseath! Unseath!"

"Behind you!"

"No, no- don't kill Hadvar, he's a good guy!"

"PRESS B!!"

Etc

I guess you would have to be there to see how funny it was!

To give you a better picture, the most 'intense' game my mum has played is the Zelda games. So, Xbox games (especially Skyrim) are new to her! She likes knitting/crochet and horse-riding - she is the Grandma to a 15y/o boy and she just killed 5 Draugr at once with dual blades... XD ... It was fucking hilarious! 

But tbh, she got into it more than I thought! I'll be SO happy if she actually becomes a Skyrim fan, omg XD She played for quite a while, she made it to Whiterun and completed Bleak Falls Barrow. She didn't even die once! I'm just so happy XD

Anyway, I hope you don't mind me posting this, I just thought it was so funny! 😂😂😂😂💞💖💜

Kaz32 likes this

Tbh I should have recorded it for Youtube! It was so funny...

In Bleak Falls Barrow she was fighting a bunch of Draugr on an oil spill with her dual blades (a pot, flame lamp was hanging above her). She was just hacking away and suddenly started pointing the camera upwards, whilst still hacking away.

My nephew said:

"Grandma, whatever you do, don't hit that lamp"

She kept hacking away whilst staring directly at the lamp...

Well eventually it fell (setting her on fire) and she took a potion just in time but omg... it was SO funny! I'm laughing so much just typing this, I wish you could have seen it! XD 😂😂😂😂💞💖💜

If I remember correctly, I think you said before that your mother told you "don't play games all day" or something like that.

Now she's playing Skyrim and loving it. NO ONE CAN RESIST THE GAMES!!

Lhouraii likes this

4 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

If I remember correctly, I think you said before that your mother told you "don't play games all day" or something like that.

Now she's playing Skyrim and loving it. NO ONE CAN RESIST THE GAMES!!

Haha wow, good memory! XD <3  😂💖

So Lucky!  Do you have any idea for how long I'v been trying to get my girlfriend to play Guild Wars 2?????    She keep telling me... "Hoooo it looks fun"  staring at me playing... but every time I ask her... "So you want me to show you how to set up a character?"...   she answers: "Maybe next time!"....  GRRRRR!!!   :angry:

Lhouraii likes this

3 hours ago, Arin Meyvalian said:

So Lucky!  Do you have any idea for how long I'v been trying to get my girlfriend to play Guild Wars 2?????    She keep telling me... "Hoooo it looks fun"  staring at me playing... but every time I ask her... "So you want me to show you how to set up a character?"...   she answers: "Maybe next time!"....  GRRRRR!!!   :angry:

Oh that sucks 😂😂😂😂 XD Maybe offer to get her a game of her own to try, let her look around for one she would like to play and then let her play that, as like a 'gateway' game. Idk, just an idea. 💞💖💜

Arin Meyvalian likes this

Get her addicted to CoD next...that should be interesting.

22 minutes ago, Rain said:

Get her addicted to CoD next...that should be interesting.

A smart girl would say, "I would rather get addicted to cocaine"

ayy

Nah I'm jk

this is funny as hell. im glad you guys had a good family bonding while playing Skyrim. i can picture you guys shouting Press B! and telling her not to kill good guys lmao. this put a grin on my face

Lhouraii likes this