• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

BlueBloodPenn

Calling all Spartans

14 posts in this topic

So I just wanted to put this out there and see how many people are into Halo on here. 

With Halo 5 coming probably within a year it would be good if we had a good amount of people interested in playing it as part of the Angry Army. With Titanfall and Destiny coming out we will have are full of sci-fi FPS games but Halo will always have be something important to me.

What would everyone like to see from the next game? Any gameplay changes that you didn't like in 4 that you would like removed? What new things should be added to Multplayer? What do you think the next chapter in the story will be? Basically anything people wanna talk about I'm all ears for a Halo discussion.

Also if people wanted to play some 3 or 4 I'm all for that too.

I'll probably buy the new Halo, but I hope they make it into something 'fresh'. Or, even better, more like Halo: CE. I strongly disliked a lot of the straightforward levels in Halo 4. Also, please 343 Industries, enough with the Tron-stuff...

I just hope they put some risk into the multiplayer because halo 4's multiplayer felt too safe for me there wasn't anything particularly amazing in it. However I will still get the next halo though ^^

Huge Halo fan, always will be, and I'm stoked about the next chapter in my favorite video game franchise. To push on in discussion, I've been hearing a lot of different sides about the multiplayer after Halo 3. The biggest, and almost main consistent complaint I've seen is, Reach and Halo 4, the multiplayer had too many weapons and power ups. Simplicity brings skill but the plethora of weapons and power ups Reach and especially Halo 4 had, made it too easy. Yes it's good to assist those less skilled but Halo's 2 and 3 really didn't have that problem. What do you guys think? Is the over abundance of different weapons, and ease of access to them, over complicating the once plain and basic gameplay system Halo use to have?

I just played Halo 4 for the story. The multiplayer got pretty stale quickly. Halo 5 I hope will have a good story, and bring back what makes Halo, Halo. Power weapons, smart gameplay, high jumping, awesome maps, custom games and community content. No perks, no loadouts, no CoDification. 

Halo needs to be reimagined. It has, it many ways, been trying to over extend itself by trying to please many split sections of the community. The ones who enjoyed and found sanctuary in the classic vanilla halo 3. The ones who enjoyed the implementation of sprint and armor abilities. The ones who play competitively. The ones who play casually. They tried to find an equilibrium for everyone, which they have stated multiple times again and again, but as anyone can see currently it has not worked to its potential. Its unknown what they specifically have to fix, but one things for sure. The community in Halo is ever descending into a path that may not be pretty in years to come. I for one think Halo 3, Halo Reach, and Halo 4 are all top notch games, and never once felt that the multiplayer at its core was ineffective at delivering what halo is. Of course, they have come with their flaws and perks, but I appreciated each and every one of them. Lets hope that 343 industries finds that certain luck, or spark of creativity that pushes next gen Halo back into its shining glory of popularity.

Now in my opinion, disregarding my opinions on what multiplayer aspects can be improved, I think the implementation of an interactive clan system will fully benefit the Halo community. Something that is easily accessible and infinitely useful. Clan battles, weekly tournaments, competitive playlist, things that will encourage the average halo player to strive for achievement similar to how Halo 3's skill rank system pushed gamers to their limits to obtain that precious 50. They have shown us with Halo 4 that they are willing to listen by adjusting the playlists and game types almost weekly and with that support times 10 focused on providing the community with a clan experience will greatly allure people to continue putting Halo in their game trays to come back for more. Bring halo's competitiveness back to its glory days.

Ive played all the Halo games, and played 2, 3, Reach and 4 online but never fully got into it. None of my friends play halo so ive never played any of them online for more than a month or so, it gets a little boring on your own. But its still my favourite FPS behind Bioshock so im down to play some halo sometime.

Always wanted to beat the games on legendary on co-op, anyone wanna give it a try ?

PantherFangG likes this

To be honest Halo 4 was kind of disappointing, and dear god, THAT ENDING! WTF, cortana dies!?! Ok, got that out of my system. I'm hoping for a good Halo 5. I don't know what they're going to do.

I want the REAL mjorling armor back, not that pieces of metal attached to a crisis suit. Also a HUMAN SWORD would be nice NO KATANAS i am sick of that weapon being in all games, yeah is cool and fun to play with (if added properly, as in shadow warrior), but we never see a big claymore or things like that besides the hack and slash games.

I would like it if the focus of the story shifted more towards the greater Halo universe, rather than Chief moping around over Cortana. Also, I was not a big fan of loadouts in multiplayer, the lack of weapons on the map really cut into what made Halo MM enjoyable. As for the entire game, Halo 5 needs to either stick with what's tried and true, or MASSIVELY reinvent itself and innovate. Do or do not, there is no try.

A personal view on Spartan ops, I think it was a great concept done poorly. I love the idea of a story that is based around our own created Spartans, such as halo reach. However what was missing from Spartan ops was diversity. Episodes 1-5 were a set of maps, and Episode 6-10 were another. I couldn't help but feel disappointed that there was little to no cut scenes of our Spartans which would have been bad ass. I hope that they seek to improve upon Spartan ops rather than remove it completely but I think that is just being hopeful.

RogerBacon and rangerofthewest like this

Hope Halo 5's multiplayer is better than Halo 4

Anyone else noticed a lack of forerunner specific vehicles I guess technically everything the covenant use is forerunner or I guess old human tech but given how the weapons mold around the user I think forerunner vehicles molding around the player as you activate them would be cool

I personally liked Halo 4, but apparently that's just me! lol. The next Halo game will probably be the time I get Xbox One. I love Halo and always will. I'd love to see a Halo Edition Xbox One!