• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

HecklerTheDragon

How many more COD games do you think Acti-fucking-vision is going to make?

27 posts in this topic

After all, Activision has made 12 COD games without even not making one for a few years, Now-a-days once every 2 years they're always coming with another "This Warfare" game and "That Warfare" game, since they recently made a new Warfare game called "Infinite Warfare", Do you seriously think Activision should just stop making Call Of Duty games since it's the same shit every year? I seriously think they should. 

Firstly.

288.png

Now I got that out of the way, lets get serious.

Nowadays a CoD game is in development for 3 years.

Also, It is not 'the same shit every year', at least not anymore. Advance warfare was a significant shake up of the standard formula with its Exo suit and Boost Jump ability, Black Ops 3 continued this with the Specailst and Parkour movement. Both games play very much differently from past CoD titles and Infinite Warfare looks to contiune that trend.

You are free to not like the series if you desire, I have never forced anyone to like something against there will, but to say its 'the same shit every year' just shows your ignorance.

But to answear the main question .... As long as people keep buying them they will keep making them.

Seeing as there are millions of people that buy and enjoy the series, the existence of the series does nothing to hurt my life, and I don't spend my time trying to make the lives of other worse, I would hope that they won't stop anytime soon.

As long as people buy the games, CoD will keep on coming out. It's the circle of...um...money making? You pay them lots of money for a product that's like their last and they will make another product next year. Simple.

Should they stop? No, because why would they? People buy it no matter what. Even tho it's recylced shit every year with 90% of gameplay mechanics similar and then they "innovate" by adding jetpacks and some shit that exists in a 100 other shooters already and then they call it "innovated" gameplay, but truth is the engine, the gameplay and everything about is recycled, but why should they care to put any effort since they know people will buy it anyway.

Look now, apparently Infinite Warfare is shit and has so many dislikes and negative impressions, but...

They added Modern Warfare remastered so people who don't give a fuck about buying the new COD and it's the same people who call it shit will still pay 60-70 dollars just to get the Remastered MW from like 8 years ago. Either way, IW and Activision get their money (or whichever company makes these titles anymore) and they don't give a damn.

And as Legolas said, as long as it doesn't affect me or anyone else or other gaming communities then I really don't care. Luckily that game even tho it's popular, it doesn't hold a candle to many other shooters coming out soon which destroy CoD.

Mexiguy likes this

Oh god this thread. 

yeah they should fucking stop already. Its the same shit anyways, the gameplay is the same anyways, so who cares. People buy them, but people also buy fifa every year, that doesn't mean the game is good.

Mexiguy likes this

3 hours ago, To Play - Press Start said:

Firstly.

288.png

Now I got that out of the way, lets get serious.

Nowadays a CoD game is in development for 3 years.

Also, It is not 'the same shit every year', at least not anymore. Advance warfare was a significant shake up of the standard formula with its Exo suit and Boost Jump ability, Black Ops 3 continued this with the Specailst and Parkour movement. Both games play very much differently from past CoD titles and Infinite Warfare looks to contiune that trend.

You are free to not like the series if you desire, I have never forced anyone to like something against there will, but to say its 'the same shit every year' just shows your ignorance.

But to answear the main question .... As long as people keep buying them they will keep making them.

Let me tell you something, The same shit in COD every year is, 20+ perks that make you unfair at the game, good spots for campers, and grenade launcher noobs. That's all I can tell in fact let give a list of how many COD games I've played: COD 2, COD 4, COD WAW, MW2, Black Ops 1, MW3, and Black Ops 2. BO2 was the last COD game I played, and as soon as COD Ghost came out that's when I stopped playing COD, I think that's just why COD sucks

58 minutes ago, HecklerTheDragon said:

Let me tell you something, The same shit in COD every year is, 20+ perks that make you unfair at the game, good spots for campers, and grenade launcher noobs. That's all I can tell in fact let give a list of how many COD games I've played: COD 2, COD 4, COD WAW, MW2, Black Ops 1, MW3, and Black Ops 2. BO2 was the last COD game I played, and as soon as COD Ghost came out that's when I stopped playing COD, I think that's just why COD sucks

How can perks that everybody can use make a game unfair?

Decent Camper spots have been gone since Ghost.

Grenade Launchers have been gone since Ghost with the exception of one of the Specalist in Black Ops 3 and that one only has like 4-5 shots per game.

And basically, CoD started changing things up after you stopped playing.

I heard my brother say they'll probably stop making COD until they get to like COD 25. Ha ha ha!

Until the community stops buying the newer games, CoD will never stop, BO3 was a major success for Activision and now they are sticking the CoD 4 remaster with the new Infinity Warfare. This corporate move means that Activision will make the devs remaster other classic CoD's in the future and put them in the Legacy Edition's.

4 hours ago, TheMadGeek said:

Until the community stops buying the newer games, CoD will never stop, BO3 was a major success for Activision and now they are sticking the CoD 4 remaster with the new Infinity Warfare. This corporate move means that Activision will make the devs remaster other classic CoD's in the future and put them in the Legacy Edition's.

I agree with this, though if they do not put anything majorly new into the franchise they may not be lasting much longer. -crosses fingers-

There's only so much they can keep the charade up before sales start steadily declining, if it already is in the process.

3 hours ago, Glaice said:

There's only so much they can keep the charade up before sales start steadily declining, if it already is in the process.

I think sales have been declining for a while. I mean heck COD used to be very popular on youtube back in the 2010 days. I'm thinking that with each iteration they barely manage to keep the sales line on the float.

Good, maybe those studios on Activision's leash can be let loose and do something else than spunkgargleweewee shooters.

I think that the title milking will kill them, It's oversaturating their market. Making a game every year especially one which Multiplayer is an essenstial component of, will result in a ''best game'' sooner or later, people will dislike the ongoing train of games and many of them would prefer the old games, dividing the community and forcing Activision into hilarious ''Exclusive Remasters'' just to make their new game sell.

Battlefield is the new COD now, even though most don't realize it.

4 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

No its not. Stop being a clown. Battlefield doesn't have tons of iterations that come out every year for the past 10 years or so. Battlefield promotes team play. Battlefield has more to it that running and gunning people all day then bragging about fucking other people's mom on xbox live. Battlefield has air combat naval combat, actual sniping not shit stuff like quickscoping. It's true that the series have been a bit shaky lately especially with the Hardline iteration. But it's nowhere near as bad as COD is at its current state. Black Ops 3 while a decent enough title for some people has just merely but the breaks on the downfall. What downfall? Gee idk just check their latest trailer and the like/dislike ratio. People have spoken their word. 

Call of Duty comes up every year with the same shit and just a different paintjob. They ripped the parkour/free running system from titanfall and managed to innovate a bit. But that doesnt mean that the shitty business practices, the copy and paste gameplay and the shitty community which made the game oh so known are not there.

Again, Battlefield has its flaws, but its nowhere near as bad as Call of Duty.

Shall I remind you that you need to pay 80 dollars/euros in order to get the "remastered" version of COD 4 which isn't even a full version of it? Shall I remind you that this should be free? Especially considering the fact that on PC with a couple of mods, some AA and sweetfx you can get COD4 to run and look as good as the remastered version? Or that their netcode is shit on consoles? Or that they don't have dedicated servers even now? Or that they still use peer to peer multiplayer like in fucking torrent programs?

Apex Spartan likes this

thread.jpg

it sells as long as people buy it. Though it has tiny numbers on the PC side, while the sales explodes everytime on the Console side due to massive marketing and hype.

I grew up with CoD, but the old ones. You know, the ones that actually were good, especially the SP Campaign. Till Modern Warfare 2 it was a very good shooter. It was a serious competitor to Medal of Honor. Another once good game series that went down after MoH Airborne. After MoH "died", CoD had no competitor, nothing to aspire to. It could go on to make good SP focussed Games but sadly it decided to compete with other games from other categories. That's why the SP became a copy and paste 5-6h rushed out "Afterthought", while the main focus is more and more on the MP. It tries to compete with Battlefield since MW3, which for me makes no sense and CoD should turn back to their roots, ditch the MP and focus everything to make great SP games again. the other ones has their own area already covered for a long time and won't be thrown off.

Mass Scale open World Battles with focus on Squads and Tactics: Battlefield (Planetside 2 as close second).

small Scale Battles with focus on Teams and Tactics: Counter Strike (Titanfall as close second).

Arena Shooters: Quake, UT, Toxikk (sadly, Doom seems to want to go there too).

Military Simulation, heavily based on Squads, tactics and comunication: Arma (Americas Army as close second).

the MP of CoD just doesn't fit in any of them.

Apex Spartan, Seirex and Raspharus like this

what kind of stupid question is that?? as long as people buy/play them and the developer can make millions of dollar from it... Each version of Call of Duty made lots of $$ which mean people WANT this game. The last CoD game i bought is Modern Warfare. If you don't like the game just don't buy it. Who the fxxk are you to complain they keep making it? And who the fxxk are you to say they make too many of them? Again, many people buy CoD titles and enjoy them. Who the fxxk are you to tell them to stop?

May be you should study more about world economic/business, make sh!t loads of $$, bought Activison and then you can start talk about how to stop Activision making CoD.... <_<

TL;DR

WHO THE FUCK CARES??

Seriously. Like, I'm a self-admitted CoD fanboy. I get that people don't like the games. Sure. Do those people know there is a secondary option to constantly bitching about the series? It's called shutting the fuck up and playing what you actually do enjoy. If you don't like CoD, they aren't trying to win your favor. There's no reason you even need to speak about it if it doesn't impact you.

::EDIT::

Also, just as a sidenote, if you're doing the CoD v Battlefield argument... Shut the fuck up this second. It has not, nor will it ever, be fucking relevant. It's like comparing Pop-tarts and Cereal. They're both breakfast food, but that's where the similarities end... That and they both taste good (hint-hint, that means both CoD and BF are good at what they do)

Apex Spartan likes this

I still enjoy the series, I like the shooters like this. I hate Battlefield, legitimately can't stand playing BF3, 4 or Hardline. I didn't like MW2, MW3 or Ghosts at all though, so I'll likely be skipping this years. I liked AW when it first came out, but the community on there now is awful, everyone plays like an asshole, and how quickly you could move around the map really kills the game. I like BOIII, though CoD4, WaW, BO and BOII are still my favorites in the series, and I play Black Ops II at least twice a week still.

Crazycrab likes this

On 09/05/2016 at 7:34 AM, Crazycrab said:

Close, but not really.

BF comes every 2-3 years and they add tons of new features, completely, from the ground up. It also has more features than COD so every time they do, let's say, a new setting, the entire game basicalyl changes. Not just the guns, but the gunplay, vehicle play, map play and everything else.

BF2 introduced Commander mode to the series. Not to mention it's one of the best known games in the franchise

BF Bad Company 1 & 2 = completely new engine and introduced destructible stuctures and terrain

Battlefield 3 = 10 times graphical improvement, enhanced destruction, added back dogfighting and a lot more vehicles. Added tons more gadgets and even tho people might argue it's overprived, but each of their expansions brought maps with actual new features, rather than just map packs. New features, new weapons, new game modes, new gameplay mechanics, new vehicles. Plus all the other garbage for random customization. Their expansions (one) costs about 10-15 euros which is much more worth than what most other FPS get for that price or even more = just 2-3 new maps with no added gameplay value.

Battlefield 4 = IMO improvement in some aspects and the return of Commander mode to the series by popular demand. Honestly, new features but nothing special since the setting was the same shit as BF3. A good game, but nothing special IMO, but it was a good example of DICE listening to feedback = adding back features from a previous game that was demanded by fans.

Battlefield 1 = Another fine example of DICE listening to fans and making a setting that was asked for, for years now. We will see how the game will be on it's release tho.

If you wanna compare COD and BF in that way, you get your money worth 20x more in BF than for a yearly COD game. And trust me, even tho I'm a fan of the BF series and I admit a big fan, I still didn't brainlessly preorder or by BF4. I bought it about 5 months ago, after I was 100% sure all shit and bugs are behind it. I bought it on a sale and I didn't even get the expansion pack because  I didn't think I would like the game. I still didn't buy the Premium because IMO, the game isn't worth my money and I lost interest in FPS. I have a lot more fun in games like Overwatch now.

To my ending point and kind of like Jayson said, comparing the 2 games is a stupid thing. It makes no sense because people don't know how to discuss it and often turn a blind eye to their favorite game's bad points. However the arguement is still valid since DICE/EA and IW/Activision are big competitors in this genre and it's been like that for years. But if people wanna compare the game featurewise and technicalwise, BF wins hands down IMHO because it's just a much bigger game in itself with 10 times more features. However when it comes to personal opinion and taste, people should play what they want.

BF = big maps, vehicles and added "realism" to shooting

COD = small maps, faster gameplay and idk whatever else, a story line in campaign.

And for people arguing that Battlefield 1 sucks or the series in general because it wants to be realistic, but is to explosive, are dumb. Because it's a FPS that goes towards arcade like gameplay but just because it has a few times like bulletdrop and shit like that doesn't make it an ARMA style game. Nor does it want to be one. Nor does it want to accurateley represent historical warfare. Period. If people don't like it then don't talk about it.

TL:DR
Is it becoming like COD? Not entirely.

Can it use more effort and be better? Of course.

Tbh when I was a kid and fan of the series, I used to go on those bullshit crusades, defending the game like it was my own balls or something and shitting on COD in their trailers and comparing everything to that. Took me a while to realize that it's pointless. I saw people hating BF for legit reasons and then I saw the ones hating it for stupid reasons like I explained above. In the end, it's not worth thinking about it. Now it's just a game I still love because I grew up with it and I will buy them when I think it's worth it. BF4 wasn't completely worth to buy back in the day, but now it it was so I did. I'll do the same thing with BF1.

Raspharus likes this

15 hours ago, Apex Spartan said:

BF comes every 2-3 years and they add tons of new features, completely, from the ground up. It also has more features than COD so every time they do, let's say, a new setting, the entire game basicalyl changes. Not just the guns, but the gunplay, vehicle play, map play and everything else.

Battlefield is not a yearly franchise....  Let's see about that.

Let me make it clear this is NOT a COD vs BF argument in terms of quality or preference.  This merely a comparison and my subsequent reaction to the release schedule only.

iBfw259.png

You know what.....  I totally take it back, Battlefield is NOT the new COD,  They have been the same rollover strategy since the beginning! The only difference is that Battlefield flood the next year with expansions that require the original purchase instead of a new game.  But even if you discount:

• All the expansions
  • Battlefield Online
  • Battlefield Play4Free
  • Battlefield Heroes
  • Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (which was console only and completely different to the flagship PC version Battlefield 2)
  • Modern Warfare Remastered (I don't think this counts since it's a remake AND a packaged with a Special edition of infinite Warfare)

The COD franchise has only released 3 more games over 14 years!  I'm sorry but that argument about COD being a yearly franchise and Battlefield is not is officially shot in the head!

Zieglobaz likes this

Battlefield online, Battlefield heroes and so on aren't even considered Battlefield titles. BF Heroes was later taken over by another studio instead of DICE. Same shit for BF P4F, which also had Easy Studios in it. Nobody even played these (thank God)

Battlefield 1942 (2002)

Battlefield Vietnam (2004)

Battlefield 2 (2005)

Battlefield 2142 (2006)

Battlefield Bad Company (2008)

Battlefield 1943 (2009)

Bad Company 2 (2010)

Battlefield 3 (2011) - November release

Battlefield 4 (2013)

BF Hardline (2015) - Developer: Visceral Games and not DICE - people who are into the series don't even count this because the game was total utter garbage. WP Visceral. I think DICE only had a bit of mix in with the MP but that's all.

Battlefield 1 (2016)

The bald ones are the biggest BF titles in terms of players and hype, 2142 and 1943 weren't as popular as others. They were almost like expansions rather than full standalone titles.

These above are true, STANDALONE Battlefield game titles. Each of them had 4 or even more expansion packs. Games like 2142 and 1943 weren't even sold at a full price because they were more like major expansion packs, but were actually full standalone games but didn't have as many maps or anything like other titles.

Also that list you posted has makes one huge mistake...

He uses expansion packs like they are full standalone games. So is Witcher 3 actually 3 standalone games when the final expansion comes out. No, it's Witcher 1, 2 and 3.

Battlefield Heroes and BF F2P weren't even made by the same DICE team (mostly) that made the real Battlefield games, plus there was a 3rd studio involved there that took most of the development.

That list you posted becomes a lot smaller on the BF side if you remove the fact that he uses expansion packs as full Battlefield title lol

DICE had a huge team (I would assume) and they could release games like 1943 between 2 major Battlefield hits (BFBC and BFBC2) and still create BFBC2 really good. This game was popular as fuck and created a special Battlefield fan base because it wasn't like the rest of the Battlefield series. It had campaign, first ever introduced and a completely different game mechanic. Everything worked different. He used Battlefield 2142 Northern Strike as a ENTIRE franchise in one year. Nothing Battlefield stapled came out in 2007 except a expansion pack. I can't take such lists serious.  In 2012 nothing came out but BF3 expansions. I don't remember them being sold for 60 dollars, marketed as Battlefield 5 or something. Who made that list? That guy takes expansions as literal full game titles....lmao

They could afford themselves to create HUGE expansion packs and almost in the same year or next year already release a quality full Battlefield title.

Mate, I'm sorry you dislike and hate the Battlefield series for whatever reason, but facts are facts. I personally don't care that you hate it (I'm not a butt hurt kid), but I'm talking to you as a player that's been playing the games, EVERY . SINGLE one since 2002. The only one I didn't play was 1943 and BC1 because they were console exclusives. I'm putting away my fanboy bullshit because I'm not a fanboy, I'm a fan. I don't defend this game like a little bitch, in fact as I said previously, games like Hardline were bullshit and Battlefield 4 was almost Battlefield 3.5. It was good, but I know DICE can do better when they try.

I always said, their expansion packs are one of the trully worth ones when it comes to shooters. They don't sell expansions called "map packs" and sell them for insane prices, but they cost 10-15 dollars and you get hunderds of hours of fun in them. You gain unlocks, you gain new vehicles, you gain new weapons, you gain new maps, you gain free unlockables and you get new gamemodes. I have 470h or so hours in BF3 which is nothing to my 2000h in Battlefield 2. But out of those 470 hours, I spent almost 200 in their expansion packs and I rarely get to do that in any other shooter DLC/exp.

As I've said, when I posted that BF1 trailer, you started shitting on this game for no reason, went on the COD thread and shittalked the game and made some really stupid points about how game is made, like "DICE is doing WW1 and WW1 didn't even look like that" And you got mad about that? DICE never did anything to make it historically accurate and they didn't give a fuck. They just use them as settings. Also they announced everything is ALTERNATE World War 1 there, like their version of it. When I see someone who hates on a game for wrong reasons, I can't take it seriously. You obviously hate the developer and the game and there is nothing I can say that will change your mind and I don't want to, but hate the game and then put correct points for hating it. That's like if I said, "COD is so stupid because its unrealistic and there is no bullet drops". That's part of the game design so just accept it. Your personal taste has no and should not be taken as constructive or even any kind of feedback.

MY WHOLE POINT IN THIS AND LAST POST:

Though all the fuck ups that DICE did, I still do respect them a lot. For me they are almost CD PROJKET RED of multiplayer shooters of this genre like Battlefield. They listen to feedback on ALL their games and they balance the game by checking the feedback, they make their games according to feedback mostly (not always, but mostly) and they cooperate a lot with their community. Battlefield fans love DICE and for a reason. They plan expansions packs based on feedback. I admit their biggest fuck up is launch issues and netcode. They aren't perfect, but they are far from worst what the gaming industry can offer and I respect them and I respect them a fucking lot. If they only had a better publisher and not EA, this would of been a lot better and DICE would ALMOST be my CDPR of shooters.

DICE was the first company to have balls and take shooters out of arena sized maps and take them to true, big open field maps and fill them with driveable vehicles. DICE always had good starting ideas and great ideas for their games. Battlefield is the first title to take games to all out warfare. In 2002, Battlefield had huge maps, submarines, warships, tanks and jeeps. All driveable and usable. It was like World of Warships, World of Tanks and Call of Duty (because infantry) in one game. Nobody thought it was possible.

Now they are the only major triple A developer after YEARS, that has decided to release a FPS set in WW1.

They also pay lots of attention and care for the people who represent Battlefiled on Youtube and Battlefield Youtubers. I remember when Westie only started out and had a couple of hundered subs. I used to know him and we made BF videos at the same time and he was small and humble. 3 years later, now he stood on the DICE stage on Battlefield 1 unveil and was invited there by them. Back when I used to play a lot, Battlefield page on Facebook used to feature "Battlefield moment" videos from small to big Youtubers. They had several competitions for everyone to get big and famous and for DICE to feature them on the front page. They made open threads where people could post names for the expansion packs,the names for the Capture Points and later they credited the players in the credits. They post thread polls on their forums for the specific game when making new updates to see what DICE should focus on. It's insane.