• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Scorpio

Movies as a MAIN Forum Thread?!?!

4 posts in this topic

Any chance we could get an official thread started for Movies. I understand that this would fit into this current thread as its 'off topic' but as Angry Joe now regularly does movie reviews on

his youtube channel I feel like making Movies - a  main thread would fit in with The Angry Joe Show main themes, even tho its not directly about Gaming.

Furthermore it would then be easier to find the sub threads for film info, such as movie news, reviews etc. Links to the Angry Joe Show Movie Reviews could also be posted in this thread which would help further advertise Joes Movie Reviews.

I understand that Joes website is currently devoted more to Gaming, but with him expanding his youtube channel into Movie Reviews and Trailer reactions/casting news I just feel it would be cool to have a main thread on the forums here to discuss movie based news, which would also include upcoming movies based off games, such as the Warcraft movie. 

Just an idea for the MODs/higher ups of the AJSA site, but would be kl if people replied to show if there is a genuine consumer demand for this! :) As a HUGE comic book fan I would love to have a place to discuss all the kl upcoming Marvel/DC stuff :) 

TITANXD likes this

Honestly it's not a bad idea, but from what I've noticed in 2 years or so being here is that people don't discuss movies that often here. There is maybe 1 thread in a month and that's only when some really big expected movie titles are coming out. Only time when I saw more movie threads was when Civil War and movies of that nature were announced, but that's about it.

You mean a subforum, like the Off Topic and Angry Joe Show one? That could happen in the future but right now there just isn't enough movie threads to warrant it. That would be something we would do if movie threads started to overtake the rest of off topic discussion but right now it doesn't. When Joe makes a movie focused video that people want to share or discuss, even with an official movie subforum, the right place for that would still be in the Angry Joe subforum, as that is the place to discuss Joe's work as much as the film itself.

On 5/9/2016 at 4:29 AM, Apex Spartan said:

Honestly it's not a bad idea, but from what I've noticed in 2 years or so being here is that people don't discuss movies that often here. There is maybe 1 thread in a month and that's only when some really big expected movie titles are coming out. Only time when I saw more movie threads was when Civil War and movies of that nature were announced, but that's about it.

On 5/9/2016 at 5:05 AM, Legolas_Katarn said:

You mean a subforum, like the Off Topic and Angry Joe Show one? That could happen in the future but right now there just isn't enough movie threads to warrant it. That would be something we would do if movie threads started to overtake the rest of off topic discussion but right now it doesn't. When Joe makes a movie focused video that people want to share or discuss, even with an official movie subforum, the right place for that would still be in the Angry Joe subforum, as that is the place to discuss Joe's work as much as the film itself.

Maybe that's because there isn't an official place for movie discussion and people don't want to "break the rules" so to speak?