• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

10 posts in this topic

Hey guys, just wanted to know who among you is an action rpg fan?.

I cant wait for the realse of this game: LOST ARK. due to come fall 2016.

Heres a gameplay video, i think its finally gonna be a diablo beater, which i play to death and want something different other than torchlight, what games can you recomend

instead of torchlight diablo, but are very simular and play almost the same, i love games with loot in btw :D

I cant wait for this game! :D

Apex Spartan likes this

I'd be surprised if you haven't already tried this game, but If you're really looking for a Diablo beater, the F2P game Path of Exile could definitely be the game you want. I haven't spent a huge amount of time in the game just yet but I plan on putting quite a few hours into it. From what I've seen, Path of Exile plays closer to Diablo than any other game out right now.

Oh I know this game, I've been waiting for it for like 1 or 2 years since it's announcment, it's crazy!

Looks super fun but I really hope it doesn't get released YEARS later in west like most asian games and there hasn't been that many news on the game for like half a year now. I'm kinda worried lol

They are 2 different games actually lol (I actually learned of LE right now when you posted it)

Nonetheless, both look great but LK looks better for me.

Beatmaster A.C. likes this

What if I told you that there was once a studio that took top down action roleplaying years ahead of it's time by improving on the mechanics popularized by other... lesser titles such as Diablo and adding new mechanics along the way that should of cemented what would of been an amazing franchise had it not been for EA.

Yes, I'm talking about Nox.

Haven't heard of it? It was an Action RPG created by the amazing developers at Westwood in a bid to compete with the more popular Diablo series (and yes it was a series at that time, they had just released Diablo II) but was unfortunately created shortly after Westwood was acquired -- and by that I mean assimilated -- by EA, who being the gaming geniuses that they are decided to focus a studio that had so much potential... on a single series of RTS games everybody knows -- but won't admit -- got shittier over the years.

Sorry I tend to bring up this rant whenever Action RPG topics are brought up, BUT as a reward for sitting through it here's a list of some good action RPGs to check out:

Drakensang Online (2011), Grim Dawn (2016), Path of Exile (2013), Runescape (Obviously), Sacred (2004), Torchlight II (2012)

Freereapergaming likes this

3 hours ago, Apex Spartan said:

They are 2 different games actually lol (I actually learned of LE right now when you posted it)

Nonetheless, both look great but LK looks better for me.

ok thx. I could swear that it was the same game. They look so similar. The Style, the Skills, The World, The Chars...

too bad that both are MMO Type ARPG. I like the SP ones. Nox, Torchlight 2, Grim Dawn, Titan Quest, Path of Exile...

Yea same, tho I'm interested how they will pull it off by adding MMO into it. Most MMOs are the same, but this kind of looks a lot better

Freereapergaming likes this

On 5/10/2016 at 4:26 PM, Beatmaster A.C. said:

That's lineage Eternal. Did they change the name? I am lost now.

Where can i download this game? i want to play it now lol. GIEF!

On 5/10/2016 at 4:21 PM, VirexGaming said:

I'd be surprised if you haven't already tried this game, but If you're really looking for a Diablo beater, the F2P game Path of Exile could definitely be the game you want. I haven't spent a huge amount of time in the game just yet but I plan on putting quite a few hours into it. From what I've seen, Path of Exile plays closer to Diablo than any other game out right now.

I have actually, played it a lot, forgot to mention it, its okay to me. Nothing spectacular, its a great f2p game thou, no pay to win there, but the money system is confusing. No gold, its all mats for mats kind of thing. weird system. but you do get used to it. However it has one of the best character developments and progression in any f2p game i have played. However i wish the combat and graphics looked better. If it had better graphics and particle effects it be a diablo 3 beater NP.

I have played torchlight 1,2, Grim dawn (got it in early access) titan quest, Devillan (another f2p diablo clone, not as good as diablo or path to exile but graphics and combat effects are awesome).

I'm currently playing Marvel Heroes again, diablo 3 clone, but with marvel characters. its F2P, it has a good end game and leveling system, but its marketplace is overpriced and there is a lot of characters that play the same, and its more of a grind than diablo 3 to unlock stuff, but its a alternative time sink.

I really hope Lost ark has not been shelved for western release id give up my entire steam collection to play that game. Also Lineage Eternal looks amazing as well. Something i can put hours into like diablo, but just different and cooler looking, i love the camera angle on that game.

Why do Korean games look so dam good? lol.

There is also Victor Vran, with the same voice actor geralt of rivia the witcher, i cant play that game without thinking that the witcher should be in the game, ive not played it but videos on it don't look good.

Theres even the incredible (not really) adventures of van helsing, and that game was okay, no 2 and 3 were copy and pasted affairs, bit like risen 2 and 3.

Then theres Bombshell, the latest ARPG set in the future. It looked awesome. I got it on (GOG) and it was terrible, worst money i wasted on a game this year, i was doing a review on it, but i havent got around to fnishing the game yet, its like the Ride To Hell Of ARPG games.

Theres a few others i could mention but i cant remember them :/

On 5/10/2016 at 6:53 PM, Lazilot said:

What if I told you that there was once a studio that took top down action roleplaying years ahead of it's time by improving on the mechanics popularized by other... lesser titles such as Diablo and adding new mechanics along the way that should of cemented what would of been an amazing franchise had it not been for EA.

Yes, I'm talking about Nox.

Haven't heard of it? It was an Action RPG created by the amazing developers at Westwood in a bid to compete with the more popular Diablo series (and yes it was a series at that time, they had just released Diablo II) but was unfortunately created shortly after Westwood was acquired -- and by that I mean assimilated -- by EA, who being the gaming geniuses that they are decided to focus a studio that had so much potential... on a single series of RTS games everybody knows -- but won't admit -- got shittier over the years.

Sorry I tend to bring up this rant whenever Action RPG topics are brought up, BUT as a reward for sitting through it here's a list of some good action RPGs to check out:

Drakensang Online (2011), Grim Dawn (2016), Path of Exile (2013), Runescape (Obviously), Sacred (2004), Torchlight II (2012)

I agree with you 100%, i did hear about that, Nox was an up and coming action rpg game from westwood studios, until they got bought out by ea and then started churning out Command and conquer games, i stopped playing after red alert 3.

Suprising no one has done a kickstarter for this game, it would be a welcome addtion to the lacking choice of action rpg games.

Ive played all those games you mentioned. Sacred gold was awesome, no 2 was not as good, and no 3 you wouldnt even wipe your ass with it lol.