• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

Assassin's Creed movie trailer is out

20 posts in this topic

The rap music fucking killed it for me hard. I don't know why they added, but I can imagine some fatass corporates in suits having to do with it or whoever was making the trailer has a pretty terrible creative taste.

OK, that music was shit, but I'm gonna remain optimistic for this movie. The action looks cool and the setting and costumes look authentic, I think some genuine effort has gone into this. The problem will be that I don't see this movie exploring much about the lore that isn't already in the games, so fans of the games might not find this so interesting, but then who else would want to watch film anyway. Because of that, wether the film deserves it or not, I do see this flopping.

Apex Spartan likes this

I just hope I don't fall through the ground on my way to the cinema O_O, or atleast that none of the actors do that while I'm watching it. :D

Apex Spartan and Mexiguy like this

Not a fan of the music choice in the trailer either. But the visuals looks alright enough. Definitely looks like Assassin's Creed.

Also, NO ONE EXPECTS THE SPANISH INQUISITION!

Apex Spartan likes this

Boring present segment with mildly interesting past. This is assassin's creed alright. Hopefully the rest of the movie will unintentionally live up to the game.

Crappy music aside, I've got some hope for this movie since it was the same director behind the recent Macbeth film (also starring Michael Fassbender). I just hope the trailer music was a small fault from the marketing team.

K A N Y E   W E S T  B O Y S

1 hour ago, Raspharus said:

K A N Y E   W E S T  B O Y S

Kanye-West-Kanye-East_o_146683.jpg

I had to

Memes aside...

I might watch the movie.

You know he named his daughter North? I wish I was making that shit up.

Apex Spartan likes this

9 hours ago, TamaskanLEM said:

You know he named his daughter North? I wish I was making that shit up.

*struggling* No! Must. Not. Say it. Arrr...so when she eventually makes a self titled album it'll be North by North West?

I was thinking one thing throughout the trailer:

And already Ubisoft has f*cked it up by acting like Ubisoft and giving the Assassin's Creed movie pre-orders.  Pre-orders.

Dear god this is mind-bogglingly stupid.

Apex Spartan likes this

Also the movie will be based more in the present than in the past.

2 hours ago, MadDemon64 said:

And already Ubisoft has f*cked it up by acting like Ubisoft and giving the Assassin's Creed movie pre-orders.  Pre-orders.

And I thought that their previous pre-order offers were ridiculous.  

3 hours ago, MadDemon64 said:

Dear god this is mind-bogglingly stupid.

Ok, I get the shirt and watch thing, but a script? Really? A friggin Script? What the hell? Are people going to have that script encased in some sort of enclosure and have people over to look at it?

my concern for the movie is how they paint the two groups. what makes the games so good is that as you play you play as a assassin killing templars who appear to be doing wicked things but later came to understand why they do the things they do, Johnson from assassins creed three is a good and then later playing shay who turned on the assassins and joined the Templars. ive study film so i am all ready seeing how this might play out so i keep those thoughts to my self till i see for myself. diffently one of the three remaining films i want to see this year star wars rouge and warcraft on that list as well.

21 minutes ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

Ok, I get the shirt and watch thing, but a script? Really? A friggin Script? What the hell? Are people going to have that script encased in some sort of enclosure and have people over to look at it?

I am wondering when they will get the script because if they get it before they see the movie everything will be spoiled.  All the "plot-twists" (i.e. lack thereof), all the action sequences and drama, everything.

LarsaValeth likes this

And I just realized that the script isn't the only thing that can be bought with the pre-order.  Check this out:

3063612-asscreedmoviepreordertier1.jpg

3063611-asscreedmoviepreordertier2.jpg

3063616-asscreedmoviepreordertier3.jpg

3063615-asscreedmoviepreordertier4.jpg

3063614-asscreedmoviepreordertier5.jpg

3063613-asscreedmoviepreordertier6.jpg

And in typical Ubisoft fashion, you need to buy seperate pre-order packages to get the different rewards, meaning that you cannot get the statue, hoodie, hidden blade prop, and crossbow prop if you buy the $1,200 package.  You need to buy each one individually, not that I would want to buy any of these things.

Ok, gotta be honest. That hoodie looks nice. But don't know if I'd pay $120 for it along with a ticket for the movie and a script. Also,  That much for a friggin statue? Are you flippin' kidding me? Who the heck is even going to buy that one with the crossbow? How many of those are they going to make?