• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

TheBrokenMadMan

Hardest Decisions in Gaming

70 posts in this topic

In the 30 or so years of gaming, there have been many games that have forced us to make tough decisions, will you go paragon or renegade? which crew member will you sacrifice? will you kill a friendly dragon for crimes long past or spare him, and alienate your supposed friends?

There are those decisions that you really don't wanna make, that inevitable decision that will cost you dearly one way or the other, so I wanna know, in all your years as a gamer, what was the hardest decision that you guys had to make in any game ever?

Sweet Silence likes this

Quarian/Geth conflict. I know now that it can be avoided but i didn't at the time.

theddd1 likes this

Kill or save the witch from The Witcher 1 .I literally stayed and watched my screen thinking whats right.

Yeah, ending of ME3. Hardest decision ever. Do I stay and see what crap ending Bioware thought up? Or I shutdown now, unplug the internet for a year and make up own good ending? 

The hardest decision I ever had to make in a game was choosing between the love of my life and the angry mob in Fable 3.

WolfJack likes this

I don't know this question itself was hard, but if I were to pick one that HAS happend or that I've expireinced so far would probably be in Dragon Age Origins where you stick with Morrigan or Leliana for there romance.

Nik4421 likes this

Wether or not to [SPOILER ALERT!!!] cut Lee's arm or not in The Walking Dead [END SPOILERS] 

Platina32 and Halavo like this

Quarians or the Geth made me alt-tab and do some googling hahaha. AND I RAGED when I found out that I couldnt get the one where they both coexist. I was like SHIT I HAVE TO BUY MASS EFFECT 2??? Anyway at least that outcome was uploaded on Youtube

in Mass Effect 2 the crew member conflicts were also harsh because even though at that time it seemed like a minor choice, you knew that the one you didnt support would FRREAKING DIE at the ending. 

Soul Sacrifice on the psvita The last choice was hard even if my choice didnt really change the faith of the world 

Sounds like the majority of choices are ME2 and 3...

I would have to agree, also fable had a few, SWKOTOR had a few....(big dark/lightside choices)...

Also swtor(mmo)... It got to the point where I just started flipping a coin lol.

It wasn't a choice, it was something that was forced.. But the hardest button press I ever had to do, was pulling the trigger to kill Boss at the end of MGS3... 

The only choice that came close to that pain, was deciding after 60 hours of play and not wanting to replay DA:O for the 3rd time, I hadn't hardened Alistair after meeting his sister and in turn couldn't put his tookus on the throne without losing him in exchange.. Hardest choice was whether to put him on that throne or give it to Anora & keep him for myself. 

God Revan likes this

In Far Cry 3

whether to join Citra or leave the island

Any of the major choices in The Walking Dead.

Catherine or Katherine. I went with Katherine. The glasses yo the glasses

Going into a game for the FIRST time and debating whether or not you want to go good or evil, like in KOTOR 1 and 2, Mass Effect, Fable (1 of course), etc. For KOTOR I spent probably 20 minutes debating if the sith powers would be better to have than the Jedi ones.

all the decisions is the walking dead game without question for me

I'd have to say at the end of Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Took a little time to think what choice id make

Hard to remember. A time when a decision would have actually mattered and effected something, where I wasn't sure what was going to happen based on the games deisgn or budget following the decision, and where the decision was also a difficult one for me to make.

I really can't think of anything that applies to the first two for now so I will take the easy way out and say choosing between Yukiko or Naoto in Persona 4 Golden.

Wether or not to [SPOILER ALERT!!!] cut Lee's arm or not in The Walking Dead [END SPOILERS] 

Anyone who doesn't have problems seeing/reading should easily be able to read what you wrote between spoilers even if they didn't want to. You can make

tags around something to hide it though.

That was easy for me, I had to choose to not cut it off to see if I was right about him going through the rest of the episode doing animations like he didn't have the arm even though he did. That one armed grab of the roof after jumping was funny.

Hardest decision was easily- Do I save Ashley or Kaiden? 

Halavo likes this

It wasn't a choice, it was something that was forced.. But the hardest button press I ever had to do, was pulling the trigger to kill Boss at the end of MGS3... 

I agree wholeheartedly. This was heart churning. I didn't want to kill Boss. She was an amazing woman and a badass. I still hate Kojima for making us kill her. Game wise, she is one of my favorite female characters in Gaming.

Metal Gear Solid, the first one, whether to give up on the horrendous button mashing torture parts just the save Meryl