• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Seyren

Star Wars Battlefront 2 Confirmed, Features Content From "The New Movies"

18 posts in this topic

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-2-confirmed-features-content/1100-6439682/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

The DLCs are not even finished and they are confirming the second battlefront already.

They really hate prequels even if they had the best wars, but whatever, i won't buy it anyway. People is complaining that the yshould blend all battlefronts together but i'm 100% sure that won't happen, Basically because they just wasted 110 dollars on a game that is going to be dying just like every cod game.

EA is gonna milk this cow hard, but i'm not impressed.

NRYDTKk.png

^Surprised?

I don't blame EA. I blame the 14 million people who bought the copies and like 50% of that probably preordered. EA is just smart and sees profit here. Why blame them? Blame the consumers. But then again, there is people who enjoy the game so I can't say I'm mad about any of this. It's just one out of many milked games.

We knew that it wouldn't be the real Battlefront everyone wanted months before release actually and during the beta. Who the fuck cares, right? 14 million people still bought it!

The game was marketed right, they didn't lie and make fake gameplay trailers, the game came out, features were known before full release but people bought it anyways.

eh0my8x.jpg

Mexiguy likes this

2 minutes ago, Apex Spartan said:

NRYDTKk.png

^Surprised?

I don't blame EA. I blame the 14 million people who bought the copies and like 50% of that probably preordered. EA is just smart and sees profit here. Why blame them? Blame the consumers. But then again, there is people who enjoy the game so I can't say I'm mad about any of this. It's just one out of many milked games.

We knew that it wouldn't be the real Battlefront everyone wanted months before release actually and during the beta. Who the fuck cares, right? 14 million people still bought it!

Nah, i'm not surpsied, i'm dissappointed. But i'm not surprised about the new BF either.

Now it's not just about if it's the old battlefront or not, it's about the lack of content. They saw 14 million people bought it anyway, so there is no reason to not to repeat the strategy.

The only thing i can actually blame them is that they named the game Battlefront. They knew what would happe and that pisses me off.

Yeah true.

When I told everyone that I wish the the new Battlefront should be like Battlefield games because DICE was making it, which in all honesty it pretty much is (big maps, vehicles, objectives), everyone started shitting at me and saying that would ruin the game. How about the Battlefront you got? You need to collect some fucking "points" or whatever to spawn in a vehicle. It's not Battlefront or Battlefield, it's just random shit.

People were actually very afraid of DICE this becaue they thought they would just make Battlefield just covered in Star Wars skin, which I think would of been VERY good in all honesty, because as I said, that's what Battlefront is (the old ones). They were pretty much played exact way like Battlefield except in Star Wars clothing and with Star Wars appropriate gamemodes.

I don't know if the same DICE team worked on this game as Battlefront, but yeah, I was heavily dissappointed as well. I expected better from DICE, but w/e.

As you said, math is there. Numbers are there and money is there. They got no reason to try harder for the next game, but honestly, I don't care and I will still hold my hopes up. Not in a way that I expect a true Battlefront experience, but in a "maybe they simply don't screw it up" way. I won't be optimistic nor too skeptical about it for now. We'll see.

It's like AJ said in his review, He was excited because DICE, creators of Battlefield, which is pretty much what Battlefront is, were making a new game, so nothing could go wrong there, right?

Right?

I don't know honestly, i think what happened here had to do with Disney too, DICE knows how to make good battlefield games, they did not have to put much effort to do another one, but this is not the kind of game you would expect from them.

We'll see what happens in the next one...

Apex Spartan and savagejoe444 like this

Just now, Crazycrab said:

My thoughts remain the same:

No campaign.

No Space Battles.

No purchase. 

Activision has listened your feedback and will feature Campagin and Space Battles in their next Call of Duty game!

9 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

No Space Battles.

If they make space battles in the next game, it will work like this:

You spawn out in space in a space suit and then you float around to get those points like in the current Battlefront and once you have enough, you spawn in a X-Wing or TIE fighter.

27 minutes ago, Apex Spartan said:

You spawn out in space in a space suit and then you float around to get those points like in the current Battlefront and once you have enough, you spawn in a X-Wing or TIE fighter.

I'm not going to jump to conclusions about something they haven't even announced yet.

Speaking strictly hypothetically I'd rather see it work a little differently.  Like having to option to spawn a specific ship class like a Y-Wing, A-Wing or TIE Bomber attacking fighters, Capitol ships and ground units.

1 hour ago, Apex Spartan said:

NRYDTKk.png

^Surprised?

I don't blame EA. I blame the 14 million people who bought the copies and like 50% of that probably preordered.

Noticed that they said 14 million copies Shipped, Not sold.

Its getting a common little trick to make a game sound more liked then it is.

19 minutes ago, To Play - Press Start said:

Noticed that they said 14 million copies Shipped, Not sold.

Its getting a common little trick to make a game sound more liked then it is.

Yea shite, good point. I actuall literally read sold lmao. Thanks for correcting me. Well even better if I was wrong, but I still think they sold tons of copies for the game.

34 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I'm not going to jump to conclusions about something they haven't even announced yet.

I was kinda saying it sarcastically because their current way of doing it is horrible. You basically "get in" a vehicle by finding and then collecting some point or something and then you spawn in a vehicle, which is pretty terrible. It's not like you walk up to a parked vehicle and then get in. They are basically power ups here, not vehicles. It's like playing Mario and you pick a coin on the map, boom, you are in a vehicle the next second.

It should work like normally. You have a specificed number of X-Wings/Tie Fighters parked inside a capital ship, you get into one and fly. That's how it should be done normally.

Galactic Conquest and Space Battles plz ;_;

3 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

My thoughts remain the same:

No campaign.

No Space Battles.

No purchase. 

Even though I purchased the first game this will be my stance on the second game. It needs to have both in order for me to purchase it.

9 hours ago, Apex Spartan said:

NRYDTKk.png

Corporate commander is already throwing the money in his bed on this one. 14 million star wars fans got sucker punched into buying this game, because of dice's reputation and what they got was a poor battlefront game with no substance and lackluster grinding multiplier shitefest.

Is this what we got to look forward too? Another more of the same sequel this is what i think:

No confirmed single player / co-op campaign

No confirmed space battles

No confirmed decent multiplayer modes

But we will have this:

Confirmed: Overpriced DLC practices

Confirmed: Exclusive emotes for pre-ordering the super duper deluxe edition for $999 - YOU GET A JEDI TO START WITH!! - WAAAAAAAAA take my money now!!

Confirmed: No maps or different worlds on release all included in the SEASON PASS FOR A BARGAIN $60 after you pay $60 for the game!.

Confirmed: No one will play battlefront 1 once this has released (killing off everyone that paid through the nose for battlefront 1)

Confirmed: Corporate commander will have enough money from the mindless zombie fanboys to buy any country he wants and invade it with shitty game practices and corporate decisions!

No denying that money talks, and as long as the sheep and lapdogs continue to buy this half assed dribble they will keep making money, and they will keep ruining AAA gaming until its the normal practice because every other company will want a piece of the pie and start doing the same old shit.

Flying into a bit of a rant here (sorry lol) - it just grinds my gears, they make a below average game and then announce another one when the first one is not even been finished, its like a big up yours to everyone who owns battlefront, and saying we are bored now, we are gonna make this game instead, have fun playing in our dwindling server game fan base while we invest money into a re-skin of this game with a few new maps and features and charging you double what you paid for this, have a nice day!.

If i see micro transactions in this game, people are gonna bleed, and if EA do anything like that with Mass effect 4, im going to start a war!.

okay rant over......not really....

Sorry, i just see EA and shitty AAA titles getting pumped out the door.

Don't get me wrong if it turns out good, and DICE actually bother with the game then fair enough.

But i cant see that happening as the formula before made so much money, why would they change it now when they can just copy and paste from the first one, add a few new maps, models, emotes and make a ton more money.

Oh i don't know, because the RIGHT THING TO DO WOULD BE TO GIVE THE FANS WHAT THEY WANT!!!!!!!!

lol.

Okay i am done now.

I'm off to join the dark side and choke corporate commander.

9 hours ago, Apex Spartan said:

So sorta like Shattered Horizon, but with Vehicles after X amount of kills / points?

I liked the new Battlefront game, but there's no way I'd pay for a second.  It was fun playing shoot em up with Star Wars blasters, but it had very little depth, and not enough progression to hook me.

I have a feeling this is going to be a Wii/WiiU situation for DICE/EA.  Sure, a lot of people bought Battlefront and it exceeded expectations, but that's because it hit at the right time.  People were excited about the new movie, and it was the first Star Wars game in a while (last one before that was SWTOR, not counting the Kinect game).  They might be able to capitalize on the excitement for the second movie, but now the game environment will be saturated with SW titles.  They're gonna have two Battlefront titles on the market, plus the two games mentioned in the article.  Seems like they're banking on a lot of Star Wars hype, but by the time Battlefront 2 gets here, people will be able to satisfy it in a bunch of other ways.

But who knows.  Trying to predict the habits of gamers is like trying to herd cats.  Seems like the more they complain about something, the better it does.

definitely will not buy at launch because..

1) guarantee over priced

2) see if the player count still good after just 6 month...

No interest in a short live over priced game