• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Velocirapter

My Review of Forza Motorsport 6 Apex Beta

7 posts in this topic

TL:DR: Apex is a good game brought down by UWP and performance issues but is worth trying.

What I reviewed the Game on: NVIDIA GTX  850m (4gb vram version),  Core i7-5500U Dual core @2.4 ghz. 16 gb RAM.

Full Review:

So right off the bat I have issues with this game, the windows store. The Windows Store was a good idea back in Windows 8 as it allowed inexperienced Windows Users to get useful applications without worrying about virues or malware but for AAA games? That's something else entirely and UWP will never be as good as EXE's and steam. Here's why.

1. No mods: UWP games don't have a navigable folder or even a real EXE. This means no modding support for the time being. <- A feature that would be really fun in Forza IMO

2. Limited Options for Displays: This has to do with the 1st one as well, FPS counters don't work as the program isn't an exe and Tomb Raider had more limited display options than it's steam counterpart. Also no SLI.

3. Windows Store is still associated with casual users: This is pretty evident from the sheer amount of 1-star reviews that the AAA games have. 60-70 percent of these people are unexperienced people with cheap laptops who can't run the game.Capture.PNG  The majority of serious gamers still use Steam.

So I download the game no Issues yet. Some people complain of long or failed downloads so your mileage may vary.

Start the game, loading screen, and then boom an unskippable video of children competing with flashes to them in the future racing, BORING. So finally the first race starts and my impressions are not good. HUGE amounts of stuttering, almost unplayable. Also the graphics are absolute garbage with rough edges and bad textures, was so close to just calling it a bad port and uninstalling it but i'm glad I persevered, heres why. The graphics settings can't be changed until after the first race. Once I configured them it looked amazing. The stuttering was cut down a lot but is still present in some parts. The default graphics use a "dynamic" preset which changes your settings based on the games performance but this doesn't work well. 

The actual game is just like the Forza Games on the XBOX. Not nearly as good as Asseto Corsetta or Dirt Rally but it's not bad and its free. Plenty of cars and  paint options too choose from. But here comes another huge issue. NO MULTIPLAYER. This is required for any racing game IMO. In conclusion its definitely worth tying if you have time and space.

Performance issues? Bad graphics?

The game may be one of the best optimized games for Win10, runs like a dream and looks great too.

Then again I'm using a 970.

41 minutes ago, DemonsColt said:

The game may be one of the best optimized games for Win10, runs like a dream and looks great too.

It's the most poorly optimized game I've played on my PC so far. Within less than two hours, I crashed a total of five times and every race started stuttering horribly around the halfway mark.

Seems you're one of the lucky ones.

I can't download it because I don't have directx12 nor do I know where to download it but this was on launch day so I might have to check again

I can't download it because I don't have directx12 nor do I know where to download it but this was on launch day so I might have to check again

4 hours ago, DemonsColt said:

Yeah a 970 will run this game like a dream, my card plays at 1600x900 at Ultra-High settings @ 45-60 fps with occasional stuttering.

43 minutes ago, ichig1vsnarut0 said:

Do you have a DX 12 supported card? Download the latest drivers and try again.