• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Get Clued Up on the History of DOOM (& Quake)

7 posts in this topic

With the release of the new DOOM, I thought it would make sense to look at the history of both Doom & Quake in these highly researched, well produced videos by one of my favourite YouTubers; Ahoy.

These videos are well made ( I tip my fancy hat to you Mr. Ahoy). Puts my mind at ease before I go back to completing all single-player challenges, and find all the secrets.

likes this

Am I the only one who actually loved DOOM 3? I thought that game was scary as hell back in the day. I actually loved the darkness part, made it more tense. I never really found myself dying to it tho.

The creepy part was the warehouses or some bigger rooms and all of a sudden out of the darkness, red lights start to glow and you know then you about to get burned. I loved every moment of it!

I hated the DOOM 3 version of Pinky. That fucker always made me shit my pants and I always remember, they would spawn in hallways usually which was perfect because they could just run you over and crush you.

Awesome video! This was one of the FPS games I grew up with. Also Quake, I loved all of 'em!

Something hilarious happened few days ago. My mom is a pretty religious person so few days ago I talked to her about gaming and stuff (she is not into it) and then I said,

"You remember when I was like 5 years old and I played that game called DOOM, where you shoot zombies and demons from Hell?

She said, "Yes I do, how could I forget. You were barely walking, but already learned how to shoot and make a blood massacre..." and she looked at me with this look like I was crazy.

And then I said, "That was a long time ago, nearly 15 or more years ago. In a few days, a new version of the game is coming out. Look how much games and graphics evolved." And I showed her the trailer.

LMAO when she saw all those pentagrams showing up and demons, she was like, "I can't believe you play this! This is not something to be entertained with, this is a very serious thing." I just laughed so hard. 

She was legit worried LOL

Ranisel and like this

Ah, Xbox Ahoy. I've always loved that guy's content, whether it's his most recent ''Retro Ahoy'' stuff or his Iconic Arms series. His attention to detail is remarkable and he takes his time, which I give major props to. I'd rather have one long video a month rather than a bunch of rushed, incorrect or borderline clickbait videos.

I picked up the BFG Edition of Doom 3 last year(after a long evening of drinking too much beer and playing the original with my friend at his house with his dad) and I fell in love with the series, what's even better is my dad is friends with a guy who owns a converted storage container, roughly two containers in size combined into one called the DOOM Den, him and his friends meet up and play the original Doom games together, I'm definitely keen on playing them on the new Doom game to say the least.

likes this

3 hours ago, Apex Spartan said:

Am I the only one who actually loved DOOM 3? I thought that game was scary as hell back in the day. I actually loved the darkness part, made it more tense. I never really found myself dying to it tho.

I thought it was pretty good. It had some flaws (like the flashlight mechanic, but that got fixed in the BFG edition), but it had a lot of charm. I loved the Hell levels and the Easter Eggs hidden within those levels. Not to mention the big ass Cyberdemon at the end. 

Apex Spartan likes this