• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

The Witcher done FOREVER ?

26 posts in this topic

When I read that interview and the CDPR said, "Blood and Wine is the closing and there won't be any Witcher any time soon - if at all."

Lie-Down-Try-Not-To-Cry-Cry-Alot-Meme.jp

I'm sad, but I don't mind if they don't do it. Even tho I got full trust in CDPR and I know they could never milk these series if they released them every 5 years or so like they do with Witcher right now. They could always make a good Witcher game since the game has literally centuries of lore in it. So guys, I suppose that's the last of Ciri for you.

Dyzzles and Ranisel like this

I never had an interest in the Witcher series,but I can understand why a lot of people did. Sadly,everything must come to an end someday...
I'm looking forward to what's coming up next!

likes this

Yeah it sucks, but it could always come back. At least it didn't go the way of MechWarrior. Don't get me wrong MechWarrior Online looks cool, but think of the licensing issues the series has gone through imagine. Witcher 3 : Vengeance, Witcher 3 : Black Knight, Witcher 3 : Mercenaries... MechWarrior 5 never came out.

I read that it's the end of GERALT's story, not the end of the Witcher series and that they would possibly be back in the future.  One of the developers said the team was getting a little bored with only doing swords and sorcery and was really keen on doing Cyberpunk2077.  I'd guess they return to the Witcher universe after 2 games in the Cyberpunk universe, so maybe return in 2024 depending on how much of Cyberpunk2077 is complete

As much as I like the witcher, I am glad that it is ending. We don't need to oversequelise good franchises, as other games have done in the past.

, Mexiguy and Glaice like this

Well we might not have another Witcher game anytime soon, but CD projekt Red is still in buisiness, so I don't see the problem, I'm looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077 eventho I prefer medieval settings for RPG I'm eager to try out a sci-fi RPG.

To be honest, I hope this is the last we see of The Witcher series. I love the series, but I would prefer to see CD Projekt Red go on to do bigger better things, not being tied down by something they have already worked on. Look at Kojima for example; He has worked on Metal Gear for nigh on 30 years, in that time, he has wanted to leave MGS to explore other things. Now he has that opportunity, he can create something new, something different. This is what I want to see from CD Projekt Red.

That's sad but I can't wait for new things CDPR will come up with.

However, I would love if there would be more expansions to W3 :D

I mean sad to hear Witcher comes to an end. But in a world where series are somewhat ran too long than need, to see a game company say "Enough is enough" is refreshing. I do look forward to their Cyberpunk game, but as for the Witcher series... you've done good. :dwijoe:

With the way they ended the Witcher series it would make sense for them to end it. Not everything needs to continue forever :) I hope they bring their same genius to their next franchise :)

Apex Spartan likes this

If they do continue with it in the future. I have a feeling they will probably be using a different character other then Geralt to be the main ::cough:: "Do Ciri"  I personally would if they did one from her aspect going through all the worlds she visited being chased by the Wild Hunt.

Apex Spartan and Ranisel like this

11 hours ago, Jinzuro said:

If they do continue with it in the future. I have a feeling they will probably be using a different character other then Geralt to be the main ::cough:: "Do Ciri"  I personally would if they did one from her aspect going through all the worlds she visited being chased by the Wild Hunt.

Yeah but the worlds she visited were Steam-punk, or atleast Modern. Or atleast that's what I understood by her conversation with Geralt, she very briefly mentioned that the worlds she visited were ''crazy'' and described that one had a Zeppelin. Could be wrong tho, my memory could be fooling me, but I think after Cyberpunk they would prefer to go Medieval again,  and yeah they could always make the worlds more Medieval-Fantasy themed, so they could make It work I guess? 

46 minutes ago, Ranisel said:

Yeah but the worlds she visited were Steam-punk, or atleast Modern. Or atleast that's what I understood by her conversation with Geralt, she very briefly mentioned that the worlds she visited were ''crazy'' and described that one had a Zeppelin. Could be wrong tho, my memory could be fooling me, but I think after Cyberpunk they would prefer to go Medieval again,  and yeah they could always make the worlds more Medieval-Fantasy themed, so they could make It work I guess? 

One of the worlds she mentioned is actually just an easter egg. She talks of people shooting from a distance and having metal in their heads and flying cars which was easter egg for Cyberpunk 2077 by CDPR.

Hm however tho, I really wonder if we will get to see Ciri in Cyberpunk then like easter egg or something. Would be a cool thing lol, like her and the Wildhunt in a futuristic world.

1 hour ago, Ranisel said:

I don't believe so. If the focus was on Ciri they could very well include even more worlds perhaps then she explained to Geralt. She wouldn't have told him about every single world she visited, especially since he wouldn't understand most of what she was explaining to him.

1 hour ago, Apex Spartan said:

One of the worlds she mentioned is actually just an easter egg. She talks of people shooting from a distance and having metal in their heads and flying cars which was easter egg for Cyberpunk 2077 by CDPR.

Hm however tho, I really wonder if we will get to see Ciri in Cyberpunk then like easter egg or something. Would be a cool thing lol, like her and the Wildhunt in a futuristic world.

I would love to see that and knowing them they might very well pull it off.

Ranisel likes this

15 minutes ago, Jinzuro said:

I would love to see that and knowing them they might very well pull it off.

Aah so what I was remembering was an Easter Egg, I see well in any case as long as they're making games and I have a platform on which to play them, I'm happy. :D

Jinzuro likes this

16 minutes ago, Ranisel said:

Aah so what I was remembering was an Easter Egg, I see well in any case as long as they're making games and I have a platform on which to play them, I'm happy. :D

I feel much the same. I really wish that there were more developers like CD Projekt Red. They've been pretty much the opposite of what other companies have gone for. If anyone had presented an idea like The Witcher to any of these other companies they wouldn't have even bothered saying how much of a risk it would be. CPR  took an idea for a game based off a book series that anyone else would have tossed aside and look at them now. 

Other companies need to take this as a thorough lessen. Common sense would say its not just about the idea but how you execute it. If your a video game company that has been around for years you should have the formula down after having so many successful titles under your belt. If your worried about how a game is going to be received, its because you've been limiting the creativity of the team who makes these games. I can't count how many times I've read about the developers having to deal with ideas that were just red flags all around. Ideas they knew would be bad for the game but they had to do them anyway.

Ranisel and Apex Spartan like this

Well....

You either die as a legend, or you see yourself become a cashgrab franchise 

Apex Spartan likes this

I'd rather they not overcook the chicken like Activision did with Call of Duty..

On 23/11/2016 at 1:04 AM, Glaice said:

I'd rather they not overcook the chicken like Activision did with Call of Duty..

That shit is cooked so much you can't even see what it originally was anymore

Don't worry folks, there's always the last book in the series.  And you know that SOMEONE is going to try to make a movie out of the game.

I'm pretty sure I've seen information that the Witcher movie is in the works.

Good that developers can decide when a series comes to an end, instead of milking it indefinitely. End on a high note and all that too.

Well I still hope they will create some expansions later :D

I would definitely buy few more if the same quality as the 2 for W3 :)

I am actually give a big thumb up for a game developer has the ballz to end the game on the high note. A good series with good beginning and ending, move on, and start something new. Not many game studio can do that, especially for a small developer. 

Activision keep pumping CoD that can't best its prime

Capcom keep pumping Resident Evil that can't best its prime

Konami keep destroying Metal Gear

Every new DICE Battlefield game only best it's previous version in graphics quality.. Gameplay, not so much.

Bioware Mass Effect (triology) ended bad and still keep going

Microsoft keep pumping Halo and Gear of Wars that cannot best its prime.

Square Enix Final Fantasy series is kind of like DICE Battlefield, only get better graphics upgrade... Gameplay and story, not so much