• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Lhouraii

Confused About Fallout 4 Image

11 posts in this topic

I know I might be missing something really obvious here but I'm confused why they used a picture from Fallout 3 to promote Fallout 4?

I was just reading the back of the Fallout 3 case and saw they have the exact same image as what was used to promote Fallout 4, why did they do this?

Photo_Editor_1464185607076.jpg

This is the cover art for Fallout 4 on back and in front it's a picture of power armor

Fallout_4_box_back_Xbox_one_Ps4.jpg

The picture you posted, is that a picture of a Fallout 3 case or Fallout 4 case? Because I'm having a hard time believing it's a Fallout 4 unless it's a special edition that I'm missing out that maybe includes Fallout 3? I don't know.

Because the pictures on the side are also Fallout 3.

UNLESS you mistook it and saw this picture on a Fallout 4 case, but thought it looks like Fallout 3

Picture below is from F4.

fallout_4_a_man_and_his_dog-t2.jpg

Lots of their pictures are similar. These photos were actually directly inspired by Mad Max wallpapers

204622.jpg

And they are often used in Fallout promotions (the Fallout version)

1 hour ago, Apex Spartan said:

This is the cover art for Fallout 4 on back and in front it's a picture of power armor

Fallout_4_box_back_Xbox_one_Ps4.jpg

The picture you posted, is that a picture of a Fallout 3 case or Fallout 4 case? Because I'm having a hard time believing it's a Fallout 4 unless it's a special edition that I'm missing out that maybe includes Fallout 3? I don't know.

Because the pictures on the side are also Fallout 3.

UNLESS you mistook it and saw this picture on a Fallout 4 case, but thought it looks like Fallout 3

Picture below is from F4.

fallout_4_a_man_and_his_dog-t2.jpg

Lots of their pictures are similar. These photos were actually directly inspired by Mad Max wallpapers

204622.jpg

And they are often used in Fallout promotions (the Fallout version)

No, it's a Fallout 3 case, as I said.

I've definitely seen that exact image promoting Fallout 4. I just googled 'Fallout 4 promo' too and saw it again in the Google image search.

Are you perhaps talking about any of these images?

1280984694956095153.jpg

Fallout+4+Wanderer+trailer.png

The first image is from the Trailer if i am not mistaken, the last few seconds of it. And the second image is actually from a live action trailer. All found by typing Fallout 4 promo into google. :P

6 hours ago, Ancient said:

Are you perhaps talking about any of these images?

1280984694956095153.jpg

Fallout+4+Wanderer+trailer.png

The first image is from the Trailer if i am not mistaken, the last few seconds of it. And the second image is actually from a live action trailer. All found by typing Fallout 4 promo into google. :P

No, look. This is one from Google. It's the ecaxt same image.

maxresdefault.jpg

15 hours ago, Lhouraii said:

I know I might be missing something really obvious here but I'm confused why they used a picture from Fallout 3 to promote Fallout 4?

I was just reading the back of the Fallout 3 case and saw they have the exact same image as what was used to promote Fallout 4, why did they do this?

Photo_Editor_1464185607076.jpg

So you can compare ^^^^

IGN huh :P

Well, i would'nt have a clue why they would fotoshop F4 onto a F3 image.

5 minutes ago, Ancient said:

IGN huh :P

Well, i would'nt have a clue why they would fotoshop F4 onto a F3 image.

Yes but it wasn't just IGN.:plznojoe: As I said, I have seen it everywhere. The IGN one is just a random one that I clicked on to show here.

I feel like no one is listening to me, I've had to repeat myself so many times on this site in the last few days. I miss the old AJSA. :(

36 minutes ago, Lhouraii said:

Yes but it wasn't just IGN.:plznojoe: As I said, I have seen it everywhere. The IGN one is just a random one that I clicked on to show here.

I feel like no one is listening to me, I've had to repeat myself so many times on this site in the last few days. I miss the old AJSA. :(

Hey, im sorry, but, i thought you where confused about Bethesda using the same type of scene they used in F3, to F4. Because, i personally haven't seen that image being used anywhere to promote F4 honestly! :huh:

You could've linked us a video, or something more clear, to get your topic across as to why this image might have appeared so much to supposedly, promote F4. I mean, what are we supposed to make of this? You said at the start of the topic:

" I was just reading the back of the Fallout 3 case and saw they have the exact same image as what was used to promote Fallout 4, why did they do this? " I simply thought you where referring to the image i linked above with the lone survivor and dogmeat going into a similar position as the F3 image. Or that the F4 game case uses a similar position as well.

But to answer your question the best i can; The Fallout 3 image might have been used in early video's and articles as to when Fallout 4 was first announced, lots of content creators use old images that are Photoshopped to make hype or something. For example, Everyone wants a new Fable right? (No) So the fans then use old images, make them shiney or put them on the web with "FABLE 4" Photoshopped onto the image to make there video or article better in a way. Speculation videos on youtube use this method sometimes. In your case when you looked up fallout 4 promo, it could be very likely your search results came up with images or old articles with the F3 promo image slapped and shopped with the "F4" slapped onto it, or perhaps it may even have been used raw. The image you put above from F3, where it says in big "FALLOUT 4" can't possibly be made by the devs or anyone in charge, just look at the "4". But that is just one example.

But i personally have never seen Bethesda use that exact same image of (F3) to promote Fallout 4, unless of-course, you can prove me otherwise. But i can perfectly understand why other media outlets would use an old image. especially during announcement time, to promote there content on the matter.

This is all just a guess though, or at-least, the most probable one for me. Is this the kind of answer you where expecting Lhouraii???  I wouldn't want to damage this lovely site :wacko:

Lhouraii likes this

1 hour ago, Ancient said:

Hey, im sorry, but, i thought you where confused about Bethesda using the same type of scene they used in F3, to F4. Because, i personally haven't seen that image being used anywhere to promote F4 honestly! :huh:

You could've linked us a video, or something more clear, to get your topic across as to why this image might have appeared so much to supposedly, promote F4. I mean, what are we supposed to make of this? You said at the start of the topic:

" I was just reading the back of the Fallout 3 case and saw they have the exact same image as what was used to promote Fallout 4, why did they do this? " I simply thought you where referring to the image i linked above with the lone survivor and dogmeat going into a similar position as the F3 image. Or that the F4 game case uses a similar position as well.

But to answer your question the best i can; The Fallout 3 image might have been used in early video's and articles as to when Fallout 4 was first announced, lots of content creators use old images that are Photoshopped to make hype or something. For example, Everyone wants a new Fable right? (No) So the fans then use old images, make them shiney or put them on the web with "FABLE 4" Photoshopped onto the image to make there video or article better in a way. Speculation videos on youtube use this method sometimes. In your case when you looked up fallout 4 promo, it could be very likely your search results came up with images or old articles with the F3 promo image slapped and shopped with the "F4" slapped onto it, or perhaps it may even have been used raw. The image you put above from F3, where it says in big "FALLOUT 4" can't possibly be made by the devs or anyone in charge, just look at the "4". But that is just one example.

But i personally have never seen Bethesda use that exact same image of (F3) to promote Fallout 4, unless of-course, you can prove me otherwise. But i can perfectly understand why other media outlets would use an old image. especially during announcement time, to promote there content on the matter.

This is all just a guess though, or at-least, the most probable one for me. Is this the kind of answer you where expecting Lhouraii???  I wouldn't want to damage this lovely site :wacko:

I see, thanks for your answer. Yeah, I don't remember where I saw that image, I just remember it was being posted everywhere when people were talking about Fallout 4 being released. Like on Facebook etc.

What you said makes sense though, you're probably right, thanks! :)💖

hello yeah that pic is kinda a fallout theme