• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

XIseris100

Civ 5 tournament

41 posts in this topic

Joe should hold a big civ 5 (god's and king's / Brave new world) tournament.

So he and some people of this forum should do a tournament with skype up and maybe even stream it on twitch.

So every body can watch the stream and see them durp about :D

gamer272 and Yoshi Powder like this

Hell yeah, i love civ 5. I would be down for that.

This idea is awesome, and I would love to participate in a twitch streamed CIV V event with Joe himself.

Yoshi Powder likes this

Yea, sound awesome. Would love for either a team game or ffa. If a large number of people would participate in this, a bracket-style tournament would be pretty cool.

Yoshi Powder likes this

I think a FFA would work better, make shift alliances which can be broken at any time make the game much more fun - Yoshi

shizzel2442 likes this

I just wonder how long it would take to do it, probably a few days.

I'm down nonetheless.

I've never played a CIV game, but just out curiosity how long do matches in vs mode take?

I've never played a CIV game, but just out curiosity how long do matches in vs mode take?

Depends on the settings of the particular match, but it can take several hours. I want to say between 6-9 hours for a full match to complete.

Bloodlust85 likes this

I just wonder how long it would take to do it, probably a few days.

I'm down nonetheless.

Then only 3v3 or something, it'd make it quicker, and perhaps one should place it on the weekends so people have time to join.

God it would be awesome though.

shizzel2442 likes this

This is such a great idea. I'm quite a fan of civ 5 (BNW) and I would love to have tournament. I'm definitely in if it will actually happen.

I think a 6 player ffa would likely be the best bet then - Yoshi

I think a 6 player ffa would likely be the best bet then - Yoshi

True, not too few not too many.

Yoshi Powder likes this

Well, I just created a quick little group on steam. It's called the "Angry Joe Show Army Civ 5".  I'm just editing the very basic info right now. Hopefully if it seems like our group is large enough, then we can actually get a tournament going on, or anything of that sort.

Also, my name is Shankimus Prime on steam, so don't be worried if you're getting a friend request from me.

Just added you shizzel and have joined the group. Even if there is only a handful of us we can enjoy a good game.

I've joined the group as well. And I've added you '' Shankimus Prime ''

Well, I just created a quick little group on steam. It's called the "Angry Joe Show Army Civ 5".  I'm just editing the very basic info right now. Hopefully if it seems like our group is large enough, then we can actually get a tournament going on, or anything of that sort.

Also, my name is Shankimus Prime on steam, so don't be worried if you're getting a friend request from me.

I want in, nao. <3

Added myself to the group and sent you a friend request.

Pete likes this

I'm going to make a (ASJA CIV V group) post here on the forum in a few minutes.
Hope we can get a following.

Awesome! I definitely want to participate.

Will it be focused on one type of victory or will it be up to each person to choose?

I know this is never going to happen but I would just love a "marathon" multiplayer match :D

Xenok, i would hope it to be any victory type in the game. No point restricting peoples playstyles, if you like war you like war etc.

And as for you Dex a marathon game would take so long that people would likely lose interest in my opinion. Standard and classic are likely the best options.

This sounds pretty nifty, might put my name in the pot to partake as well, even if I'm not that good at the warring bits hah.

This does make me curoius about any additional rules though, like banned civs (Shoshonee, Poland, and Babylon come to mind...) and variuos map type rules, but I suppose those can be worried about later.

this would be a ungodly long game if it were to be a full game but epic none the less