• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

otrg13

New to Editing and YouTube. Need Feedback

12 posts in this topic

Like the Title says, I'm extremely new to making YouTube videos and editing in general. This will probably as amateurish as it gets.  I recorded my game play with OBS and edited with Hit Film 4 express.

Feed back of any kind would be much appreciated. Thank You.

https://youtu.be/feNOe9AQoTk

That actually looked pretty good.

otrg13 likes this

31 minutes ago, otrg13 said:

Thank You Mr.Meatshield, i appreciate the kind words. 

No problem dude. Keep up the good work.

Getting good at editing man.

otrg13 likes this

My latest video. Not very proud of this one. The intro and the outro are a bit cheesy. I meant to do a voice-over commentary for this video, but unfortunately, my nerves got the best of me. Still feel free to give feed back. For now I'm stuck at 720p and 30fps. That's only something that  can improve with better hardware.  I have an okay laptop, but hopefully i can get my own build sometime in future.

https://youtu.be/J0YyGFTwDLg

46 minutes ago, otrg13 said:

My latest video. Not very proud of this one. The intro and the outro are a bit cheesy. I meant to do a voice-over commentary for this video, but unfortunately, my nerves got the best of me. Still feel free to give feed back. For now I'm stuck at 720p and 30fps. That's only something that  can improve with better hardware.  I have an okay laptop, but hopefully i can get my own build sometime in future.

https://youtu.be/J0YyGFTwDLg

I like the intro. I also gotta put the Previous video thing on my outros some day. Good work with that too.

3 hours ago, otrg13 said:

I meant to do a voice-over commentary for this video, but unfortunately, my nerves got the best of me.

Don't let that happen. It's natural, so you got nothing to be scared or think your voice isn't good enough. There is some terrible people out there who have huge ratings but their commentaries are bad or their voices are really annoying. As long as you can talk fluently you are pretty much fine so just do it and don't think too much.

It's really not that bad. While you will be editing, you will probably think your voice is weird, but once you upload it and a few hours after that you will not even think about it. Next few commentaries you make, you won't even think about your voice. You will just focus on making it high quality and even better.

If you are nervous, my little tip would be to type a sentence and then read it. Don't make it too obvious, just use the sentence as a guide so you know what you will say so that you don't get mixed up in middle of your commentary. 

For example like this, "Hey guys, my name is blabla and today I'l will talk about a specific topic" *END  RECORDING* 

Add that into the video editor or rename it to "recording 1" and then make next recording, "The topic is about making commentaries for video games I love and I would love it if you could give me some feedback" *END RECORDING* or keep on talking if you can. Then save the recording as "recording 2" and keep on doing it till you finish the commentary and then just place the recordings in order and make sure you cut out the silent part at the start of the recording so that when you play the video, people don't notice the pauses. Lots of people use this technique if you aren't good enough when talking for too long without too much "ummm" and stuff like that.

I used to do Battlefield Commentaries before and starting them was really hard, but later it's pretty natural.

This is one of my first videos where I used the tehcnique of making a commentary in cuts, so by recording several recordings and then putting them together

DW I'm not advertising lol, I dont make videos anymore and stopped 2 years ago. Just wanna show you what it sounds like

Anyway it will make the commentary sound better if you are too nervous to talk for too long all in one go.

Mr_E_Meatshield and otrg13 like this

45 minutes ago, Apex Spartan said:

Don't let that happen. It's natural, so you got nothing to be scared or think your voice isn't good enough. There is some terrible people out there who have huge ratings but their commentaries are bad or their voices are really annoying. As long as you can talk fluently you are pretty much fine so just do it and don't think too much.

It's really not that bad. While you will be editing, you will probably think your voice is weird, but once you upload it and a few hours after that you will not even think about it. Next few commentaries you make, you won't even think about your voice. You will just focus on making it high quality and even better.

If you are nervous, my little tip would be to type a sentence and then read it. Don't make it too obvious, just use the sentence as a guide so you know what you will say so that you don't get mixed up in middle of your commentary. 

For example like this, "Hey guys, my name is blabla and today I'l will talk about a specific topic" *END  RECORDING* 

Add that into the video editor or rename it to "recording 1" and then make next recording, "The topic is about making commentaries for video games I love and I would love it if you could give me some feedback" *END RECORDING* or keep on talking if you can. Then save the recording as "recording 2" and keep on doing it till you finish the commentary and then just place the recordings in order and make sure you cut out the silent part at the start of the recording so that when you play the video, people don't notice the pauses. Lots of people use this technique if you aren't good enough when talking for too long without too much "ummm" and stuff like that. 

Thank you so much for the advise. I will definitely put these techniques to use. I think the problem for me was when i was recording, i would just go off the top. Then everything i said sounded lile nonsense. So writing it down and reading it out will help me proccess it better.

Apex Spartan likes this

23 minutes ago, otrg13 said:

Thank you so much for the advise. I will definitely put these techniques to use. I think the problem for me was when i was recording, i would just go off the top. Then everything i said sounded lile nonsense. So writing it down and reading it out will help me proccess it better.

Haha I know that feeling. I used to get too carried in my longer commentaries and then I either started to repeat same stuff over and over again or went too off topic, but the technique I told you about helped me stay on topic and focus on it. It's pretty easy and it doesn't take too long. You will make less mistakes.

And no problem man, hope it works out for you!

otrg13 likes this

I edited this  Black Ops 3 Safe Guard video for my cousin, so all of the footage and voiceover was provided by him.

Feedback is most welcome.