• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

General CJG

Star Wars Battlefront 3, the canceled sequel is coming

33 posts in this topic

Now, I'm sure many of you know that Star Wars Battlefront 3 was canceled back in 2008, but for those that don't know, let me tell you about it. Developed by Free Radical Games, Battlefront 3 was going to be the sequel to Star Wars Battlefront 2, the first best selling Star Wars game of all time, before Star Wars The Force Unleashed and Star Wars Battlefront EA. The game showed enormous potential (most notably the seamless Space to Ground battles) and it looked fantastic (here's a link of the alpha gameplay trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WeX41WfOsY). Unfortunately, the game was ultimately canceled for unknown reasons. Despite that, in the beginning of 2015, someone leaked an alpha build of Star Wars Battlefront 3 to the internet and it was only playable with a modified Xbox 360 or an Xbox 360 Development Kit.

Well, recently, a group of Star Wars fans who called themselves Galaxy in Turmoil used the leaked alpha build to release Star Wars Battlefront 3 remade into the newly called Star Wars Battlefront: Galaxy in Turmoil. Yes, literally a group of Star Wars fans are developing the ultimate Star Wars Battlefront game right now as we speak, and over the months, their progress has only been getting better. Recently they named themselves Frontwire Studios and they are working hard to bring us the best Battlefront game ever (here's a link to their website http://frontwirestudios.com/). Their progress so far has been really good, and today is a big day for their game (http://frontwirestudios.com/official-announcement-steam-distribution-deal/).

Star Wars Battlefront: Galaxy in Turmoil is officially going to be distributed on Steam for free once it is finished. Yes, you heard me, the ultimate Star Wars Battlefront game will be on Steam for FREE. Frontwire Studios and Valve made a deal on distributing Star Wars Battlefront: Galaxy in Turmoil on Steam. So, if people were disappointed by Star Wars Battlefront EA, then no worries, the real Star Wars Battlefront game is coming on Steam for PC (and probably Mac). This is the best news that has come out of this fanmade Battlefront game ever since the announcement on their YouTube channel about them developing this game. So, I don't know about you guys, but I am supremely excited about this Battlefront game than I am for Battlefront 2 EA. I highly recommend you guys to check out this game when it comes out, spread the word about it, and stay tuned for news about their game on their website.

Now, there may be some questions about this, so I will answer the most common ones here on this post.

1. What does Disney or EA think about this unofficial Star Wars fanmade game, and will they try to shut it down?

Well, I don't really know if they knew about this game before or know about it now (it's better if they don't now know), but so far they have not tried to sue Frontwire Studios or shut down their Battlefront game at all (not even a warning of an incoming shutdown). According to Frontwire Studios, they plan to make their Star Wars Battlefront game free so that they don't break the fair use rules and so that Disney does not shut them down for earning money by doing an unofficial Star Wars game and they plan in not using assets of DICE's Star Wars Battlefront EA because that will obviously make EA come and sue them for using content that is from EA. So that's all I know, you could ask Frontwire Studios about this on their website (which has their Twitter and Facebook plus their YouTube channel).

2. When is the game going to come out?

Unknown at the moment. There's no official release date yet. The only thing that is confirmed is that it will be available on Steam for PC (and maybe Mac) for free. So that's the only info about the release of the game yet.

3. How did they get the deal with Valve?

Beats me. According to them, they negotiated with Valve and signed a deal for distributing the game on Steam, no illegal stuff happened, all was negotiated with lawyers and all that stuff, and as long as the game is free, they have not yet violated the fair use terms that are used for making the game, so no Disney coming to sue them (even though they can do it anytime). If you want better answers, ask the Frontwire Studios guys on their website.

So, that's about it on this post, I am so excited about this game and I hope you guys are too cause this is finally the Star Wars Battlefront game of our dreams and it will blow our minds when it comes out. Tell me below what you guys think about this news.

Star Wars Battlefront Galaxy in Turmoil on Steam.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/488430

Eiousx, Ranisel, articman and 1 other like this

If this succeeds, then I will be one of the happiest men around.

articman likes this

Will making the game free really stop Disney / EA from issuing a C&D though? I'm a bit skeptical about that.

I can't wait to be honest! And if EA and Disney try something bad, they are only going to be hated more for it. They better just back the fuck off and let us have this. I hope they take donations, because I'd easily donate $10 or more.

EA won't do anything since they don't own the license.

Disney in fact, can and WILL.

On 5/6/2016 at 1:35 PM, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

Will making the game free really stop Disney / EA from issuing a C&D though? I'm a bit skeptical about that.

To be honest I also am a bit skeptical about that, even Frontwire Studios are a little skeptical too. But, there is still hope that the game will come out and I myself have so much hope in this game.

Edit: Added a new link on the very bottom of the post, Galaxy in Turmoil is now available to check its details on the Steam Store (not downloadable yet).

Edited by General CJG
Galaxy in Turmoil now appears on the Steam store.

If any issue comes up, just set up private servers and let the good times flooooooow.

14 hours ago, Flying Simian said:

If any issue comes up, just set up private servers and let the good times flooooooow.

By that do you mean that we should set up private servers on Galaxy in Turmoil, or it means that if Galaxy in Turmoil is shut down, should we make private servers for Star Wars Battlefront 2?

Sure, if someone knows how.  But a bigger question is if companies will have an issue with it and slap around accusations of piracy.  I would like to play Section 8 online again, but the official servers are no longer supported.  I imagine there are titles people would enjoy playing again online if the servers were up and running, like Battlefield: Bad Company.  I would even consider subscribing to that service if a deal could be met and payment options to make it easy to pay for were availible.  I don't know, it may be just a pipedream.

36 minutes ago, Flying Simian said:

Sure, if someone knows how.  But a bigger question is if companies will have an issue with it and slap around accusations of piracy.  I would like to play Section 8 online again, but the official servers are no longer supported.  I imagine there are titles people would enjoy playing again online if the servers were up and running, like Battlefield: Bad Company.  I would even consider subscribing to that service if a deal could be met and payment options to make it easy to pay for were availible.  I don't know, it may be just a pipedream.

Well, only time will tell (I hope we can play Star Wars Battlefront 2 online again and then Galaxy in Turmoil).

I agree.  How would someone go about doing that, I wonder?

2 minutes ago, Flying Simian said:

I agree.  How would someone go about doing that, I wonder?

Well Battlefront 2 had two ways to play online: GameRanger, and GameMaster. Unfortunately, GameMaster has shut down on June 1, 2016, and it was the way that the Angry Army played Battlefront 2 online on 2015, so all that's left is GameRanger, and Galaxy in Turmoil when it comes out.

I see, I have seen on Steam about a warning for certain titles, especially in packages including Star Wars: Republic Commando multiplayer servers, not being available.  I've played on private Quake servers before and wonder why that is expanded upon to make it a whole community like other online services.  There are titles with no online support for multiplayer which could be addressed by that.  But again legal hurdles would have to be managed.

6 hours ago, Flying Simian said:

I see, I have seen on Steam about a warning for certain titles, especially in packages including Star Wars: Republic Commando multiplayer servers, not being available.  I've played on private Quake servers before and wonder why that is expanded upon to make it a whole community like other online services.  There are titles with no online support for multiplayer which could be addressed by that.  But again legal hurdles would have to be managed.

Yeah, it sucks, but at least Star Wars Battlefront 2 has the Instant Action mode for us to play it nonstop for the rest of the years (also LAN is able to be used in that game for some multiplayer that is not online multiplayer), and there's a ton of mods for Battlefront 2 that further make that game last more years than ever before. So awesome.

Here's some of the best mods and maps for Battlefront 2. Enjoy (each mod and map are WAY better and more content filled than anything that comes out for Battleshit EA).

Nice list.

Well, this is interesting if for no other reason than having another Battlefront styled game that feels like Battlefront.

If it falls through, there's always BF2 I suppose. That game is still good after 10+ years

16 minutes ago, SgtMerrick said:

Well, this is interesting if for no other reason than having another Battlefront styled game that feels like Battlefront.

If it falls through, there's always BF2 I suppose. That game is still good after 10+ years

I know, Battlefront 2, the ultimate Star Wars Battlefront experience, and it will still be, until a much better Battlefront game does indeed come out.

Also SgtMerrick, there are some excellent mods out there for Battlefront 2, and one of them is coming out called Battlefront 3 Legacy made by the_legend himself El Fabricio.

Check out the best feature of that mod.

As for now released Battlefront 2 mods, you can get the best mods and maps on a video link that I posted on a reply to Flying Simian in this forum.

SgtMerrick likes this

Now that is some cool stuff right there.

Fucking Finally... It's about time someone gave us a worthwhile sequel to one of the greatest games of all time that doesn't cost 60$ (120$ if you bought the "Ultimate Edition") or strip away essential features like: Space Combat, Galactic Conquest, THE FUCKING CLASS SYSTEM!?, The Campaign, The Balanced Teams, or anything fun -- again why does anyone buy that game?

All I can hope is that Disney/EA don't sue them for copyright infringement, but that's an unlikely hope at best.

At first when I first saw the topic I thought this was all a joke so I'm sorry if I'm a bit late. But man this is great this studio should be the one who's making all the Star Wars games not ea. 

16 hours ago, Nirvana said:

At first when I first saw the topic I thought this was all a joke so I'm sorry if I'm a bit late. But man this is great this studio should be the one who's making all the Star Wars games not ea. 

and_it_s_gone_by_celeith-d5div3y.jpg

...ish