• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Kaz32

Witcher 3: Blood and Wine. OH. MY. GOD.

11 posts in this topic

Forgive me peepes for being late on talking about Blood and Wine. I had to complete Witcher 3's Heart of Stone all over again after my save file was gone. Now that I have finally completed that, I immediately jump to Blood and Wine and see what the expansion is all about.

This is one of the best expansion packs of all time. 

Here's a bit of trivia about this expansion pack. The region that this took place in, Toussaint, is actually the setting to one of the Witcher's novels named Lady of the Lake. Or Pani Jeziora. 

latest?cb=20151218155537

And some characters from this novel are in the game, like Palmerin De Launfal and the Dutchess Anna Henrietta. I have a feeling that I am going to meet Emeil Regis Rohellec, Geralt's vampire friend. I shall wait and see when that time comes!

The map size is half the size of Velen. Pretty damn big. Oddly enough there's not that many buildings in the game, and the city itself is slightly smaller than Novigrad. But once you get to the city itself, it feels much bigger than it actually is due to the fact that the place is brimming with stuff to do, there's a lot of floors and many shops to visit that it feels bigger than Novigrad.

The scenery in this place. SO BEAUTIFUL.

the-witcher-3-blood-and-wine-toussaint.p

The_Witcher_3_Wild_Hunt_Blood_and_Wine_T

There's a lot of stuff to do in this new area. One of them is of course, gwent, and this time, Skellige got their own cards.

GwentSkellige-4.jpg

And that of course means gwent sidequests, and collecting every single Skellige cards in the game by beating a hell of a lot of merchants. 18 of them in fact. And after all that is done, there's a gwent tournament you can do, and the catch is you have to only use Skellige's cards. So you know what has to be done.

2015-06-13_16-38-39.jpg Happy gwent hunting!

Oh, and there's also one sidequest in the game that's about restoring a statue's......... dick. Apparently some 70 year old dude stole it because it grants him the ability to, make love more efficiently. I can't make this shit up.

$20 well spent! I'll most likely spent 30 hours + to complete everything in Toussaint. If you haven't play this expansion pack, WTF are you doing?? Get it NOW!!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to collect every single Skellige cards in this area.

Ranisel likes this

Playing this for the first time due to all the stability issues I had with Witcher 3 at launch. Still buggy but the main quest is solid. Hearts of Stones' main story great and from what I hear, Blood and Wine is amazing. Cannot wait.

This is the best quest on BaW

I haven't read everything because I'm trying to avoid the spoilers.

But all I can say for now is I hope the 2 blondes from the trailer, or at least one of them has...uhhh....INTERACTIVE FEATURES ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Sadly I finished the main story line of the expansion yesterday.

Still have some side quests to finish though.

I must say that it's even better than the first one, which again makes me so sad that it's the end.

I'd buy any number of W3 expansions if they were as good as these.

On 6/5/2016 at 2:58 AM, Apex Spartan said:

I haven't read everything because I'm trying to avoid the spoilers.

But all I can say for now is I hope the 2 blondes from the trailer, or at least one of them has...uhhh....INTERACTIVE FEATURES ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

No spoilers at all is in the post. Besides the Skellige gwent cards.

And if you're thinking about "dirty" thoughts involving those girls, HAHAHA, I'm afraid you won't get it. In Toussaint, people are actually like the classic description of King Arthur's knights. Polite, chivalrous, knights in shining armor that sort of thing, and the only way to get a girl is through being a gentleman, not a womanizing pimp ass beyatch. 

But there is a brothel just beside the city for that sort of thing. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

6 hours ago, zawisz said:

Sadly I finished the main story line of the expansion yesterday.

Still have some side quests to finish though.

I must say that it's even better than the first one, which again makes me so sad that it's the end.

I'd buy any number of W3 expansions if they were as good as these.

I haven't even finished half the main quest. I've been busy with gwent. 

witcher-3-blood-and-wine-gwent-tournamen

468px-Cerys.jpg

Cerys's card: OP as fuck. Skellige is now my number 1 gwent faction.

i still don't have this game. Got so many games that i need to install and play through. Guess i will buy the game once i finished most of them. It's ok because on that time the game will be GOTY / Gold / Complete Edition for around 20 or 30 bucks and tons of Mods. i can wait.

1 hour ago, Beatmaster A.C. said:

i still don't have this game. Got so many games that i need to install and play through. Guess i will buy the game once i finished most of them. It's ok because on that time the game will be GOTY / Gold / Complete Edition for around 20 or 30 bucks and tons of Mods. i can wait.

Same here, specially on that Complete Edition bit.

1 hour ago, Kaz32 said:

I haven't even finished half the main quest. I've been busy with gwent.

Cerys's card: OP as fuck. Skellige is now my number 1 gwent faction.

So I guess you'll be happy to hear that stand alonde Gwent game is coming :D

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-08-the-witcher-3s-gwent-set-to-be-a-standalone-game

Kaz32 likes this

On 6/8/2016 at 10:42 PM, zawisz said:

So I guess you'll be happy to hear that stand alonde Gwent game is coming :D

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-08-the-witcher-3s-gwent-set-to-be-a-standalone-game

Hmmmm, intriguing.

Not really happy if the game has a price since it's in Witcher 3 for free. But you know what I'm more happy about?? Is that with this game, maybe someone in the forum will issue a Gwent tournament, and whoever wins that will get a prize. Prepare yourself folks, I will whoop your ass with my Gwent power. HIEHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAA!!

:dwijoe:

OOH!! It's actually free?? GIVE THIS GAME TO ME NOW!!!

I picked up the special physical editions for both DLC recently and it's the perfect excuse for me to play through the entire game again. And the physical Gwent cards were a bonus.