• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

SpiritKiller

Injustice 2 trailer is out

26 posts in this topic

As much as I'd like to be excited for this, I'm not. Not because the trailer was bad, or that it showed that pretty much everyone has an armor mode. But because of the way WB treats their PC fans / customers with the bad ports and lack of support for their two recent titles, Mortal Kombat X and Arkham Knight. I didn't play those games on PC, in fact, I didn't buy Mortal Kombat X at all, but the way they shafted the PC community is not something I want to support.

As a comicbook nerd, I'm super excited! And I loved Injustice! Eventho I probably won't be able to play the game at launch, but what's with the Armor Mode issues, I actually saw a comment which said something along the lines of ''I know Iron Man creators borrowed from DC and Batman but seems like the tables are turning'' What the fuck? Did Iron Man invent ARMORS? Huh...?! Costumes are slowly being turned to suits from a long time, and It's not cause of Iron Man, It's because comics are getting a bit more realistic ( In the right places If you ask me ) 

I just hope that there won't be any dumb QTE Mini-games, especially not ones like Superman's :D. And that they don't sweep story mode under the rug like with Mortal Kombat X, there are plenty of stories from the comics they could borrow in which heroes fight eachother, or they could always go with something original, hopefully not something like Civil War or other stories in which they are manipulated by a bad guy again.

Um..... why did they all have armor mode? Like, even Superman + Supergirl has one, and they don't even need armor anyway!

Other than that, I'm intrigued by this. From what I learn, the game's story will be after the first Injustice take place. Maybe Batman decided to just give everyone super armor. For some reason. Next thing you know Joker will show up and he'll look like this

4527?$main$

2 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

Um..... why did they all have armor mode?

It's the new gimmick (and I'm not saying it's necessarily bad) for this game. Could work like stances in other fighting games.

2 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

Other than that, I'm intrigued by this. From what I learn, the game's story will be after the first Injustice take place. Maybe Batman decided to just give everyone super armor. For some reason. Next thing you know Joker will show up and he'll look like this

4527?$main$

Question is, if the game will take place in the same world as the last game or not. It also wouldn't be Batman from the alternate world that gives armors. Why would he give Superman, the tyrant of that world armor? For that matter, as you said, some of the heroes don't need armor, such as Superman and Supergirl, so I don't see why regular world Bats will hand out armor either. Did he make them in case they have to go to another world and fight other versions of themselves again? But if that's the case, why would they be fighting each other?

(Not that you'll see this reply anyway)

8 hours ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

As much as I'd like to be excited for this, I'm not. Not because the trailer was bad, or that it showed that pretty much everyone has an armor mode. But because of the way WB treats their PC fans / customers with the bad ports and lack of support for their two recent titles, Mortal Kombat X and Arkham Knight. I didn't play those games on PC, in fact, I didn't buy Mortal Kombat X at all, but the way they shafted the PC community is not something I want to support.

Actually the records show that WB treats their PC fans/customers very well when it comes to ports, so long as they don't outsource the development of the port.  That's the caveat: WB games are only good on the PC if WB handles the port.

3 hours ago, MadDemon64 said:

Actually the records show that WB treats their PC fans/customers very well when it comes to ports, so long as they don't outsource the development of the port.  That's the caveat: WB games are only good on the PC if WB handles the port.

Wouldn't exactly call that a good excuse. Its still their decision to outsource the work to a small group of people in such a short amount of time. Not to mention dropping Mortal Kombat X support on PC when / before MKXL came out. The PC didn't get all the content the consoles got.

Actually the armor deal is far worse than a gimmick. Netherrealm has stated it's gonna be a "gear system" where when you play the game you will earn loot packs which will come with items you can customize your characters with.

This sounds cool in theory but it's not just cosmetics. These things will affect your stats and maybe even abilities. And having them tied to loot drops will no doubt lead to an even more unbalanced game.

Not that Netherrealm is good at balancing a fighter anyways. But it is gonna get way worse.

2 hours ago, Deezyfesheezy said:

Actually the armor deal is far worse than a gimmick. Netherrealm has stated it's gonna be a "gear system" where when you play the game you will earn loot packs which will come with items you can customize your characters with.

This sounds cool in theory but it's not just cosmetics. These things will affect your stats and maybe even abilities. And having them tied to loot drops will no doubt lead to an even more unbalanced game.

Not that Netherrealm is good at balancing a fighter anyways. But it is gonna get way worse.

Source?

If that just sticks to Single-Player, then that would probably be ok. But since companies are trying to put in microtransactions into gamese these days, I'm not too optimistic about that.

13 hours ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

Bats will hand out armor either

Batman doesn't need to hand out anything, Justice League members are more than capable of doing It themselves, most of them are actually way smarter than Batman, and let's not forget that Batman is the one who had recieved a HellBat suit from the JL members, If anything expect that BATMAN gets handed armors not the other way around.

4 hours ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

Source?

If that just sticks to Single-Player, then that would probably be ok. But since companies are trying to put in microtransactions into gamese these days, I'm not too optimistic about that.

You can google "Injustice 2 Gear System" and get tons of sites with the info. Apparently they got interviewed about it like yesterday morning.

I heard about it here:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2016/jun/08/injustice-2-will-have-rpg-gear-system-encouraging-character-customization-each-match-rewards-players-loot-drop/

7 hours ago, Ranisel said:

Batman doesn't need to hand out anything, Justice League members are more than capable of doing It themselves, most of them are actually way smarter than Batman, and let's not forget that Batman is the one who had recieved a HellBat suit from the JL members, If anything expect that BATMAN gets handed armors not the other way around.

Dude, the complete sentence that you cut up was:

20 hours ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

For that matter, as you said, some of the heroes don't need armor, such as Superman and Supergirl, so I don't see why regular world Bats will hand out armor either.

Granted, I did follow up by saying:

20 hours ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

Did he make them in case they have to go to another world and fight other versions of themselves again? But if that's the case, why would they be fighting each other?

So I can understand the confusion, so I'm sorry. But as you can tell, I don't see why said armor comes from Batman either.

Ranisel likes this

2 minutes ago, Mr_E_Meatshield said:

Dude, the complete sentence that you cut up was:

Granted, I did follow up by saying:

So I can understand the confusion, so I'm sorry. But as you can tell, I don't see why said armor comes from Batman either.

Oh, I see, well sorry then, but still Superman and Supergirl could use armors, Kryptonite damages their tissue, so some fictional hard and flexible material to prevent it from coming to his skin would be useful, or a full on HAZMAT Suit which renders Kryptonite useless, every character could use some armor of some kind. :) And I for one am very excited for this customization ( Unless it has micro-transactions in it) Not only does it make the character you main look BETTER, it could also make him LOOK and PLAY unique to your own liking. :epic:

1 hour ago, Ranisel said:

(Unless it has micro-transactions in it)

This is most likely how it will turn out.

The PC version is probably gonna be a broken piece of junk like MKX and Injustice 1 was...

How much you wanna bet Joe is gonna waste his time making a reaction video to this?

2 minutes ago, Glaice said:

The PC version is probably gonna be a broken piece of junk like MKX and Injustice 1 was...

How broken was Injustice 1 on the PC?

Not as broken as MKX but I heard the netcode was junky like MK9's was.

34 minutes ago, Glaice said:

How much you wanna bet Joe is gonna waste his time making a reaction video to this?

Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but Joe likes comicbooks, he loves Superman, and he liked Injustice 1, I don't see why he shouldn't take 15 minutes of his time to watch the trailer and share his thoughts, It's HIS channel afterall right? 

58 minutes ago, Glaice said:

Is it fixed now at least?

4 hours ago, Ranisel said:

Oh, I see, well sorry then, but still Superman and Supergirl could use armors, Kryptonite damages their tissue, so some fictional hard and flexible material to prevent it from coming to his skin would be useful, or a full on HAZMAT Suit which renders Kryptonite useless, every character could use some armor of some kind. :) And I for one am very excited for this customization ( Unless it has micro-transactions in it) Not only does it make the character you main look BETTER, it could also make him LOOK and PLAY unique to your own liking. :epic:

I hope they don't go through with this. It sounds completely unbalanced and contrived having to depend on loot boxes for stat changes and more abilities.

I hope they just make it a cosmetic change.

4 hours ago, Deezyfesheezy said:

I hope they don't go through with this. It sounds completely unbalanced and contrived having to depend on loot boxes for stat changes and more abilities.

I hope they just make it a cosmetic change.

I remember the mobile version of the first game having some sort of gear system implemented. Those weren't cosmetic, since they don't change the character models at all. I don't see them keeping the gear in this one to be strictly cosmetic.

The term used in the link you provided "Loot Drop" may be indicative to what WB / Netherrealm is planning with this system.

2 hours ago, Ranisel said:

Don't want to sound like a fanboy, but Joe likes comicbooks, he loves Superman, and he liked Injustice 1, I don't see why he shouldn't take 15 minutes of his time to watch the trailer and share his thoughts, It's HIS channel afterall right? 

What's stopping him from making a second channel named AngryJoeComics, hmm?

Just now, Glaice said:

What's stopping him from making a second channel named AngryJoeComics, hmm?

What's stoping you from ignoring his video? By the way he just uploaded Trailer Reactions for Injustice 2 and Watch Dogs 2.

I know, I saw the thumbnail and sighed. And there's no need to get defensive either.

If what Max says is accurate, then the game will still take place or at least include the world from the last game. Also, no PC version at launch.