• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Killzone

Watch dogs 2 announced

18 posts in this topic

watch dogs 2 has been announced and i  am pretty pumped not to the point to buy it with my own money but the fact that this game actually has parkour and not some stupid crap where its just simple running, 3D printed guns which is also a quite interesting idea, the setting is also cool with San Francisco and the fact the main character is a victim of racial profiling gives way to interesting ideas and looks to be a more vibrant setting, Marcus is more of a interesting character then Aiden for one he wont be a god damn batman rip off, but what do you think

Kaz32 likes this

I am pumped for this. Whereas the first game is more like a Batman game with guns and a superphone, this one is much more like a hacker simulation. Hell, you can hack almost everything and everyone in the game, and what you want to do in the world is only limited to your own imagination? I love that expansion of the first game's concept!

Finally an Ubisoft game that has true parkour instead of light parkour of the past games. Also mass hacking sounds freaking sweet! Oooh I'm gonna wreck shit up in this game so freaking hard when it's released! And it's coming 15 November this year. Sure hope it won't get delayed like last time!

Killzone likes this

when did it get canceled?

Whoops, I mean delayed. The first game was supposed to be released in 2013, then it ended up getting delayed to 2014.

7 hours ago, Killzone said:

Aiden for one he wont be a god damn batman rip off

I think Aiden didn't have enough of a character to be a Batman rip off.

I also think that If It's the typical Ninja Run or whatever in which you just press a button and your character runs with parkour through obstacles I'm not impressed.

And lastly, this is Ubisoft, you should be careful with your hype, there's a solid chance that they will let you down.

I think the first game was over criticized...but...it was overhyped too.. seriously. Don't expect this to be the principle of euphoria made software or whatever.

My god. I can hardly contain my excitement. I can't wait for another Ubisoft open world game. Truly my life was not complete without another one of these. :mellow:

Sarcasm, by the way.

While I am very interested by a lot of the feature they showed off, I hope that Watch Dogs 2 fixes the issues of it's predecessor like the uninteresting protagonist and the repetitive side missions.   

is it just me or did the graphics took a step back compared to WD1 E3 footage?

Guess they are showing the Console Version so that a Downgrade won't be needed. XD

Remember what Ubisoft said: "We do have to keep in check with the consoles; it would be kind of unfair to push it so far away from them. But it's been good having a dedicated PC build for this game."

http://www.gamecrate.com/division-developer-says-pc-version-kept-check-consoles-ubisoft-issues-denial/12854

Kind of an odd reveal. On the one hand you have a setting and character that can tell an interesting social and personal story using a real world setting and highlighting problems with modern society. On the other hand

it sounds really stupid (apparently they removed the unneeded the). A mixture of stupid and serious did work out very well in Saints Row 2 though, so hopefully it turns out well here too.

6 hours ago, Ranisel said:

I think Aiden didn't have enough of a character to be a Batman rip off.

And lastly, this is Ubisoft, you should be careful with your hype, there's a solid chance that they will let you down.

HAHAHA, like Batman has a complex character. Batman is just an emo guy who lost his family that fight crime with an animal motif and an asshole that doesn't even let his friends help him most of the time. I say that fits Aiden pretty well! The only thing lacking is his other more outgoing playboy Bruce Wayne persona, billions of dollars and a butler. The Joker though, THAT'S what I call complex.

I actually really like the first Watch Dogs. In fact personally I think it's one of Ubisoft's first really great game since Farcry 3 and Child of Light. Also Rayman and Valiant Hearts. I see potential for a better sequel, and from this trailer, looks like it will deliver. Fingers crossed that it will not be really buggy.

45 minutes ago, Kaz32 said:

HAHAHA, like Batman has a complex character. Batman is just an emo guy who lost his family that fight crime with an animal motif and an asshole that doesn't even let his friends help him most of the time. I say that fits Aiden pretty well! The only thing lacking is his other more outgoing playboy Bruce Wayne persona, billions of dollars and a butler. The Joker though, THAT'S what I call complex.

I actually really like the first Watch Dogs. In fact personally I think it's one of Ubisoft's first really great game since Farcry 3 and Child of Light. Also Rayman and Valiant Hearts. I see potential for a better sequel, and from this trailer, looks like it will deliver. Fingers crossed that it will not be really buggy.

I highly recommend building or finding a bunker.

1 hour ago, Kaz32 said:

You do know that the character has been around since the 40s right? There are HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS of iterations and interpretations of Batman, of course not all of them are complex or interesting, but you're making pretty ignorant claims, the character has contibuted to the comicbook industry a great lot, he also has the best Rogue Gallery from comics, and yes, has actual Graphic Novels and Animated Movies aswell as Nolan's trilogy which are way more complex than anything that Ubisoft has ever done, or will do.

You may confuse him with the Arkham Knight interpretation in which every 2nd line of dialogue he has is ''I CAN DO IT MYSELF'' ''I DON'T NEED YOU BLA bla bla'' yeah I'm not a fan of that either, I get where they are coming from, that he doesn't want to endanger the people around him, but considering he's already had 3 Robins, Batgirl and ETC dragged in his Crime Fighting It was stupid to go with that aproach, and of course the way he expresses it is annoying as hell.

And lastly, I think due to his incredible popularity his fanbase has become a very toxic and stupid one, which I don't want to be associated with the ''Batman beats everyone, Batman is smartest Batman is the most X, Y, Z.'' He's not, even if in some cases he is, It's in his own universe, when compared to the rest of the Justice League he's not THE MOST anything.

But yeah this Topic isn't about Batman, sorry for derailing, I just can't stand by idly when people who don't know anything about Batman talk shit about him, feel free to call it a Superhero complex. :D 

14 minutes ago, Ranisel said:

You do know that the character has been around since the 40s right? There are HUNDREDS, if not THOUSANDS of iterations and interpretations of Batman, of course not all of them are complex or interesting, but you're making pretty ignorant claims, the character has contibuted to the comicbook industry a great lot, he also has the best Rogue Gallery from comics, and yes, has actual Graphic Novels and Animated Movies aswell as Nolan's trilogy which are way more complex than anything that Ubisoft has ever done, or will do.

You may confuse him with the Arkham Knight interpretation in which every 2nd line of dialogue he has is ''I CAN DO IT MYSELF'' ''I DON'T NEED YOU BLA bla bla'' yeah I'm not a fan of that either, I get where they are coming from, that he doesn't want to endanger the people around him, but considering he's already had 3 Robins, Batgirl and ETC dragged in his Crime Fighting It was stupid to go with that aproach, and of course the way he expresses it is annoying as hell.

And lastly, I think due to his incredible popularity his fanbase has become a very toxic and stupid one, which I don't want to be associated with the ''Batman beats everyone, Batman is smartest Batman is the most X, Y, Z.'' He's not, even if in some cases he is, It's in his own universe, when compared to the rest of the Justice League he's not THE MOST anything.

But yeah this Topic isn't about Batman, sorry for derailing, I just can't stand by idly when people who don't know anything about Batman talk shit about him, feel free to call it a Superhero complex. :D 

The past Batman is more interesting than the latest ones. My favorite is Tim Burton's and the Batman Animated series version because in those Bruce Wayne has much more personality, he's not a one note asshole and I can relate to them. Nowadays it's like you said, Batman in the Arkham games which is a complete asshole who have the chance to stop the even worse stuff in the game if he just let Robin and his other friends help him instead of "I'll do this myself, don't help me bla bla bla", and Christian Bale's Batman with that STUPID voice. Haven't watch Batman VS Superman's version with Ben Affleck, but I can make a bet that he's great because he's like Tim Burton's Batman. Too bad he has to be in that mess.

So I actually DO know a lot about Batman. HAHAHA :P 

Ranisel likes this

3 minutes ago, Kaz32 said:

The past Batman is more interesting than the latest ones. My favorite is Tim Burton's and the Batman Animated series version because in those Bruce Wayne has much more personality, he's not a one note asshole and I can relate to them. Nowadays it's like you said, Batman in the Arkham games which is a complete asshole who have the chance to stop the even worse stuff in the game if he just let Robin and his other friends help him instead of "I'll do this myself, don't help me bla bla bla", and Christian Bale's Batman with that STUPID voice. Haven't watch Batman VS Superman's version with Ben Affleck, but I can make a bet that he's great because he's like Tim Burton's Batman. Too bad he has to be in that mess.

I agree, Christian Bale's voice is horrible, and he is not a Detective, or atleast doesn't show it, the movies were good but the Batman character wasn't done justice, as for Ben Affleck, he's a whole new take, he looks the part, but his Batman is a murderer, and that's stupid, it makes Under The Red Hood ( One of my favorite Batman Stories ) Undoable.... It's a Villain Batman :D , which would have worked much better if they had adapted parts of Battle For The Cowl ( Jason Todd Batman ) , damn it the more I talk about that movie the more I hate it...

EDIT: And thinking about the Arkham Knight game, seems like everytime he goes ''I CAN DO IT MYSELF'' I try to imagine how ABSOLUTELY COOL it would have been if there was Couch Co-oP, I mean come the fuck on, THE DYNAMIC DUO, BATMAN AND ROBIN How the fuck did they not do CO-OP...........? :plznojoe::corpcom::fail:

3 minutes ago, Ranisel said:

I agree, Christian Bale's voice is horrible, and he is not a Detective, or atleast doesn't show it, the movies were good but the Batman character wasn't done justice, as for Ben Affleck, he's a whole new take, he looks the part, but his Batman is a murderer, and that's stupid, it makes Under The Red Hood ( One of my favorite Batman Stories ) Undoable.... It's a Villain Batman :D , which would have worked much better if they had adapted parts of Battle For The Cowl ( Jason Todd Batman ) , damn it the more I talk about that movie the more I hate it...

EDIT: And thinking about the Arkham Knight game, seems like everytime he goes ''I CAN DO IT MYSELF'' I try to imagine how ABSOLUTELY COOL it would have been if there was Couch Co-oP, I mean come the fuck on, THE DYNAMIC DUO, BATMAN AND ROBIN How the fuck did they not do CO-OP...........? :plznojoe::corpcom::fail:

Remember, Batman kills people a lot in the old comic. And the Tim Burton films. I mean, look at this:

Or this

Detective405-07.jpg

ani-kc_batman_15.gif~c200

Well, there are co-op sections in the game where you switch characters in a fight, and the Catwoman Riddler section.

Alright enough derailment. I want to see how Watch Dogs 2 plays at E3. It's pretty bold for them to do the Fallout 4 route and announce their game's coming this year.

Who wants to bet they're going to downgrade the graphics before retail release? Anyone remember the BS they pulled on the first game?

wd2.jpg

8 hours ago, Legolas_Katarn said:

Kind of an odd reveal. On the one hand you have a setting and character that can tell an interesting social and personal story using a real world setting and highlighting problems with modern society. On the other hand

it sounds really stupid (apparently they removed the unneeded the). A mixture of stupid and serious did work out very well in Saints Row 2 though, so hopefully it turns out well here too.

Don't give Ubisoft too much credit.