• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Lhouraii

Which Mass Effect Is The Best?

Which Mass Effect Game is Your Favourite?   12 members have voted

1. 1. Which Mass Effect Game is Your Favourite?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 posts in this topic

Just curious. I really enjoyed the first 2 but can't really get into the 3rd for some reason. I just hate the journal interface so much. The journal is ME2 was so much better, less confusing. 

So, yeah, my favourite is probably the second one!

I guess most would say 2 bit they are all part same package so to speak.  It's a bit like picking a favourite episode of a season of 24.  It's a bit more difficult to divide the experience.

19 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

I guess most would say 2 bit they are all part same package so to speak.  It's a bit like picking a favourite episode of a season of 24.  It's a bit more difficult to divide the experience.

Please don't be that person. Stop making this more complicated.

They are 3 different games, not the same game divided into 3. Yes, they are a part of the same story but the games all have differences in play style, etc. 

If people can pick a favourite film from a film series (like LOTR) then they can pick a favourite game from a games series.

10 minutes ago, Lhouraii said:

Please don't be that person. Stop making this more complicated.

They are 3 different games, not the same game divided into 3. Yes, they are a part of the same story but the games all have differences in play style, etc. 

If people can pick a favourite film from a film series (like LOTR) then they can pick a favourite game from a games series.

I'm not trying to make this more complicated or sound clever or anything, that's just how I feel.

I actually do look at Lord of the Rings as one big story divided into 3 sections rather that 3 separate ones and I kinda feel the same way about Mass Effect.

Mass Effect felt more oriented on RPG elements I feel like, while ME2 and ME3 were heavily action oriented. I liked ME1 for the story the most because it was still mysterious back then, learning about Reapers and everything else and not knowing everything about Protheans. ME2 had some really creepy vibe that I liked and was also pretty good with the story and I gotta mention the music. ME3 was great till the ending, but in general it was a good game but I would go with ME1 as my favorite then ME2.

Lhouraii likes this

56 minutes ago, Apex Spartan said:

Mass Effect felt more oriented on RPG elements I feel like, while ME2 and ME3 were heavily action oriented. I liked ME1 for the story the most because it was still mysterious back then, learning about Reapers and everything else and not knowing everything about Protheans. ME2 had some really creepy vibe that I liked and was also pretty good with the story and I gotta mention the music. ME3 was great till the ending, but in general it was a good game but I would go with ME1 as my favorite then ME2.

I don't think I can finish the 3rd one tbh, I've really tried to get into it but just can't. Plus something just happened story-wise that pissed me off XD

I played 1 and 2 and don't see the appeal much. Frankly I think the story blows compared to the few JRPGs I enjoy for their story (Xenogears/saga, trails in the sky/cold steel, Suikoden 2, Aselia the Eternal, Final Fantasy...TACTICS (the main games have overrated juvinille stories, even 7... Tactics. the original, not the Game boy ones, it's pretty good though. Nobody compliments its story though. WTF).

2 by a mile.

One had some technical limitations that held it back for me (Waiting in an elevator, the somewhat bland levels and the terrible buggy thing) and three's ending completed ruined the experiance of the rest of that game.

2 had everything just right, a good story that built up as the game went on, characters of old standing confortable with newly introduced ones, easy but enjoyable gameplay and a climax that put all of your hard work on show in an epic final fight.

Lhouraii likes this

I guess I am the only one who liked the first one best, not for the controls etc. but because it just felt bigger I guess to me. Yes the Mako was shitty to drive but hey I guess the more rpg feel appealed to me more than the focus on action.

Apex Spartan likes this

I liked two more for it's characters, even though the ending mission was too easy to keep everyone alive and the actual story wasn't interesting and continues to really rip off Babylon 5. I think it did the best when it came to world and character building and it had some great DLC missions. The dialogue interrupts were also great, I don't know why they didn't have them in the sequel. Two was easily my favorite of the series.

Gameplay wise I liked the third game but didn't like how the main mechanic behind the game of building up forces didn't have an effect on anything and thought the ending was very disappointing when it came to story and gameplay.

25 minutes ago, Legolas_Katarn said:

I liked two more for it's characters, even though the ending mission was too easy to keep everyone alive and the actual story wasn't interesting and continues to really rip off Babylon 5. I think it did the best when it came to world and character building and it had some great DLC missions. The dialogue interrupts were also great, I don't know why they didn't have them in the sequel. Two was easily my favorite of the series.

Gameplay wise I liked the third game but didn't like how the main mechanic behind the game of building up forces didn't have an effect on anything and thought the ending was very disappointing when it came to story and gameplay.

2 was my favorite as well. However, 3 definitely had interrupts. The main one I can think of involves taking out a certain breakdancing ninja on a certain base.

Side note...even though 2 was definitely the best with character  building, it did suck that everyone's (not actually everyone's) loyalty involved Daddy/Mommy issues. But still, they were well written enough to make it tolerable.

But hey...at least they're just ripping off Farscape with Andromeda.

But hey...at least they're just ripping off Farscape with Andromeda.

Those are my favorite TV series, so I can't fault them too much. I haven't really looking into how Andomeda would be copying Farscape though.

11 hours ago, Would you Kindly said:

I guess I am the only one who liked the first one best, not for the controls etc. but because it just felt bigger I guess to me. Yes the Mako was shitty to drive but hey I guess the more rpg feel appealed to me more than the focus on action.

Hey! Don't insult Mako! XD That car could drive up any hill and survive any fall! :wub:

The 4th

DHZjHxq.jpg

15 hours ago, Lhouraii said:

Hey! Don't insult Mako! XD That car could drive up any hill and survive any fall! :wub:

It would also jump really high for no reason at all lol every time I drove it I was thinking in the back of my head 'Are we sure the people in here are still alive? Cause I do not think they should be.'

I love the first two games, the first one felt unique, tho the elevator rides where a bit boring hahaha. The second one improved everything, tho i would have loved more enemy varieties in mass effect 2, The only thing mass effect 3 excels at is just that, but not much the rest, since, it did improve on almost everything, the story was lacking in ME3, no exiting boss battles, and a rather disappointing ending, tho, when you play all the games in a row, you will get a tear drop in your eyes when playing mass effect 3 and, nearing its ending, because it is very atmospheric, and you will get even more engaged into it due to the previous games. But ME2 had the best graphics, and most newly introduced characters, which are quite good and charismatic, and a big plot twist from the first game that just shakes you up, and engages you into the story. So ME2 is definitely the best one in my opinion.

So While I enjoy all the games I am going to say that mass effect 3 is my favorite for one reason the DLCs. I feel that by far it had the most rewarding stories added to the game. Want a prothean boom! want to know what started this reaper mess in the first place Boom! Were you curious on what a female turian looks like BOom! Ever wondered what makes Aria such a boss BOOm! Did you want to experience what it would be like to hang out with every companion from all the games BOOM! yeah the ending was a bit meh but the made up for it (opinion).

2 is my favorite, my favorite storyline/mission, and just the characters in general. Breaking through to Miranda and getting into that romance, and doing all of the characters loyalty quests was awesome. It also plays really well. I like the first game but just not how it plays, in regards to the shooting and how cover works. If the game played more like 2/3 it might be a different conversation. I like all of them though. Three had really fun combat even compared to two for me.

2 is my favorite, then it depends on the day what would be second. I like the gameplay more on the third, but the first game as a whole is better. I'd probably say I like the first more, but would rather replay the second

If you ask me it's Mass Effect 1, from a story point of view, the mystery and intrigue of the Reapers and the Protheans was great, it was getting to know a whole new galaxy of new races, places, culture and history, it was great fun back in 2007, I remember the first time I played it and was blown away, it was unlike anything I had ever experienced, I didn't really go in for RPGs before then, mostly it was FPS games, GTA, flight simulators and the like.

I'd say ME2, as that is the one I played first. It was only when I realised that I was missing out on story and characters that I went back and played ME1.

It was a great game but it was different from the sequel. There's a lot more complication in ME1 that they stripped out, like the Mako, the levelling system, that kind of thing. I personally think they could have kept a few things from ME1. The weapon and armour customisation comes to mind.

latest?cb=20100610185439

Plus, if you don't import from ME1, this guy is automatically dead. Which made me glad I went back and played it because he's one of my favourites.

Mass Effect 2 blows away the competition. But maybe I feel this way because you get to work for Cerberus. Love the bad guys:)