• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Apex Spartan

Battlefield 1 Official Gameplay Trailer

13 posts in this topic

What do you guys think about it?

This mainstream music being used in all video game trailers today is annoying as hell.

Seen some tank gameplay too, Looks good. I have to agree with your opinion on the music.

Did you see that blimp go down and all the distruction it did!!  Also...seeing how you can get "in and out" of these vehicles Inwonder if you can get on top, open the hatch and light up the crew, kind of like taking down a Titan by hand in Titan Fall...that would be dope!!!

Apex Spartan likes this

Im liking where this go. Thanks god it isnt just trench warfare,but we will see that somewhere or hoping to have a gamemode that only use the trench part of a map.

Apex Spartan likes this

This actually looks..... awesome. Like, wow. It reminds me of the classic Medal of Honor games before it sucks ass. Like Medal of Honor Allied Assault, my favorite. I sincerely hope Dice doesn't fuck things up.

But what's up with the damn song?? Why the need to go rap - Terminator hybrid??

In a 2 minute gameplay trailer I saw probably about 20 seconds of gameplay, and even that looked pre-rendered.  Sorry but I'm still not impressed.

5 hours ago, QwiK said:

Im liking where this go. Thanks god it isnt just trench warfare,but we will see that somewhere or hoping to have a gamemode that only use the trench part of a map.

Eh I don't know why many people thought game would become a trench warfare game or something. I knew they were gonna find a normal way to play the game, plus they said themselves it was an alternate story and stuff, but yeah a gamemode like that would be cool I think.

2 hours ago, Kaz32 said:

This actually looks..... awesome. Like, wow. It reminds me of the classic Medal of Honor games before it sucks ass. Like Medal of Honor Allied Assault, my favorite. I sincerely hope Dice doesn't fuck things up.

Yea true, it's impressive, but I'm wondering about the lenght of the campaign. And as for the story, I can already feel like it could be just...average? I don't see how much they could do with the story here besides make characters really interesting.

8 hours ago, Ancient said:

Seen some tank gameplay too, Looks good. I have to agree with your opinion on the music.

The tanks, animations and combat looks great so far. And I already love the sound effects of this game. If DICE does one thing really fuckin' good it's the sound effects.

I love that you can see animations when people enter tanks! Oh and that killfeed wow, kind of looks like playing MoH or COD 2 back in the day...

2 hours ago, Crazycrab said:

In a 2 minute gameplay trailer I saw probably about 20 seconds of gameplay, and even that looked pre-rendered.  Sorry but I'm still not impressed.

I don't think anything was prerendered except the intro part where they are in a tank or something and you see animation of faces. I think everything else is pretty much gameplay. I know BF3 and BF4 always had rendered cutscenes when it came to people sometimes, you can see it on the faces in the game trailer, but yeah who knows anymore. 

Everything shown from 1st person perspective was gameplay and I think and the guys arguing in the tank or whatever was rendered.

I don't know guys, I love the BF series but I'll keep my pants still on before getting excited. Yeah it looks great and all, but I'll wait for more info and open beta just to feel the game. Then there is the launch which DICE fucks up often which I assume EA has a big hand in it with their rushing AND it's already confirmed that game has microtransactions and map packs, which doesn't come as a surprise of course since it's EA and BF3 and BF4 had those, but it's still annoying AF. 

I suppose I'll buy the game if launch goes well and if reviews give it a good score. I already know what I want from a BF game, but I'm probably not buying it on launch no matter what.

When you look at the gameplay that Ancient posted and the gameplay trailer, there is such a massive difference when you watch without that shitty mainstream music in it lol

I'll be honest tho, I never played a MP game set in WW1 or WW2 for that matter and I always play BF for the MP. I don't know if I would ever get used to Battlefield in this setting after I got spoiled by all the modern warfare and future warfare games for years now. I play 1942 Battlefield a bit in MP but that was long ago

Also did anyone notice that the guy was firing small rockets or something from his plane?

3f3eea5a56e04634b95651b9a72a7eb6.png

You can see the E3 gameplay here: https://www.twitch.tv/ea/v/72078016?t-2h1m42s

Or you can watch the youtube video someone uploaded of it.  More vids here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLpjKzWIuEfnbUB3CbQoYM-eNFHVXABP0

Also I think the "celebrity team" actually won 2/3 matches vs the "battlefield youtubers" team lol

It is the alpha version and plane crash animations seem to missing since they literally disappear.  The female announcer doesn't fit but may just be a placeholder.  I expect each side or even country to have their own.

It looks fun and really good game-wise but it is far from realistic especially on this map where I felt like they put WWI weaponry in a WWII setting.  Mostly cause it's pretty unlikely to find all those vehicle types together in a combined arms especially in a village that looks pretty much untouched when right beside it is literally a wasteland.  But it is a game so it would be unfair to say it disgraces the memory of WWI when there are WWII games and other games that depict historical events even when not historically accurate.

So what I really think.... the attention to detail really impresses me.  Especially when all the vehicles have enter and exit animations and on the planes, there is an animation to switch from pilot to rear gunner seat seen here https://youtu.be/Uc3zZyEUKxA?t=1m13s .  They seem to fully utilize the destruction system where all the walls and houses seem destructible including deformation of terrain.

MeatShieldM249 likes this

14 minutes ago, Apex Spartan said:

Also did anyone notice that the guy was firing small rockets or something from his plane?

3f3eea5a56e04634b95651b9a72a7eb6.png

If you had watched an analysis video, you would have learned that WWI planes actually had mounted rockets and that the reveal trailer showed a plane with some of them (showing the models were there). :P

54 minutes ago, skullhead51 said:

If you had watched an analysis video, you would have learned that WWI planes actually had mounted rockets and that the reveal trailer showed a plane with some of them (showing the models were there). :P

Honestly I had no idea about that, I didn't say it was stupid that it has rocket launchers but I was surprised and started to Google it out. Anyway they said it was alternate WW1 so I wouldn't be surprised if they didnt' exist by DICE adds them. From what I read now, it's Le Prieur Rockets, used for destroying baloons and airships which is what's happening in the video so yeah, I didn't know this.

And people say you can't learn anything from games.

Anyway, here is some sniper gameplay. Looks fun and I LOVE the bayonet charges and when the guy yells "AAAAAA!" lol

Tho I can already  see dumbasses abusing that stuff and running at tanks LOL in multiplayer

Way better YouTube clips than I found and was gonna share 👍🏻👍🏻  Thanks guys 

Levelcapgaming has his own raw gameplay of 44 minutes (no interruptions) of the same match we all watched.

Rooster Teeth's The Know interview a developer of Battlefield 1.