• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

MeatShieldM249

If you could only buy one game, what would it be?

20 posts in this topic

So with Fathers Day coming up (gift ideas to tell the family), I wanted to pose the question out there for some feedback on everybodys thoughts.  

Say that you are stuck on an island and you could only play one game for an entire year, what would it be and on what platform?  

The game of life. Simple and easy.

Brokensteel119 likes this

World of Warcraft, duh :D raid 3 times a week and the rest of the time google how to build shelter and hunt for food. :D 

MeatShieldM249 likes this

Either a Grand strategy game, or a huge mmo game, like, Europa universalis, or World of Warcraft. Much gameplay value.

An MMORPG, I would pick the most popular one so it doesn't get too lonely :P

7 minutes ago, DemonsColt said:

The Sims 3

I see what you did there.

You are on a lonely island so you wanna play Sims 3 so you can create your imaginary family. Not bad. 

Steam that way I have all the games 

But seriously I'd pick either skyrim or Minecraft for the xbox or pc

Say that you are stuck on an island and you could only play one game for an entire year, what would it be and on what platform?  

Don't think it would matter to me, playing the same game constantly for a year sounds horrible. I could be sleeping instead. I guess a grand strategy game or something like The Witcher 3 that would take a long time to complete, not long compared to having nothing better to do for a year but could at least take a few days.

2 hours ago, Legolas_Katarn said:

Don't think it would matter to me, playing the same game constantly for a year sounds horrible. I could be sleeping instead. I guess a grand strategy game or something like The Witcher 3 that would take a long time to complete, not long compared to having nothing better to do for a year but could at least take a few days.

I think I would agree with Witcher 3.  

Hey what about Ark Survival...  Anybody...no...ahhh 

Huniepop

Oxygen not included or Stardew valley, as you can spend alot of time in both games

just not sure which would be more interesting 

Fallout 4 PC with mods.

Considering I'm STILL playing it this long after release I think its safe to say I could still be playing it a year from now. Although I didi just pick up Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin, which means Fallout 4 is on hold at the moment.

But I'm with Legolas, I'd probably only play a little bit, then have some fun on the island. Heck I'd probably have more fun trying to design a real shelter than I would building settlements in Fallout!

mine would be spyro the dragon

hmm, I think no matter what I picked I would get bored of it within two weeks tops, but something like an mmo would be my choice. Or one of the Pokemon games, probably Alpha Saphire

On June 14, 2016 at 2:57 PM, DemonsColt said:

The Sims 3

The_Sims_2_-_Castaway_Coverart.png

But in all seriousness, I would say something in the line of Sword Art Online/Gun Gale Online or a very in-depth and extensive science fantasy MMORPGFPS

GTA5... it has everything. Single play story, multiplayer vs and coop, shooting, driving/racing, ground/sea/air vehicles, tons of mini games, unlimited mod support....

Metal Gear Solid...............I fucking LOVE that game!!!

Well if I was stuck on an uncharted island with no hope of escape, then I would be playing Just cause 3 even though in real life I yet to get the game