• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

TheTitan

League of Legends 1v1 Tournament EVENT

25 posts in this topic

q4P4U4b.jpg

I would like to take a moment and welcome you to the AJSA NA League of Legends 1v1 Tournament. The inaugural tournament will be hosted on July 10, 2016 at 6pm Est. There will be 16 spots available in this tournament. Prizes will be handed out for first through fourth place finishes:

• 1st place wins $75
  • 2nd place wins $50
  • 3rd place wins a 3500 RP code
  • 4th place wins a 1380 RP code

To sign up for the tournament you have to be apart of the AJSA League of Legends Club and respond in the forum announcement with your in-game name. Seeding will be randomized Check in will be at 5:30 pm Est in the club chat. If you are not present by 5:45 pm Est your spot will be forfeited to the reserve list. The opening rounds of the tournament will be single match ups. The semifinals and finals will be best of three.

• Match Rules: The 1v1 matches will be played on Summoner’s Rift (in the mid lane) and the win conditions are first blood, first tower or first to 100 CS.
  • Selections, Early Rounds: The selection process will include a “chat ban” phase before a blind pick during the opening rounds of the tournament. During this process each contestant can ban up to 3 champions. This ensures nobody has an unfair advantage in the single match ups.
  • Selections, Finals: The semifinals and finals will have a draft phase. There will be a coin toss to determine the order in which sides will be picked in the best of three.
  • Winning: Once any win condition is reached, both participants take a screenshot of the scoreboard to submit for review if your game is not being streamed. If the score board is suspicious, the match up will be replayed with an observer. Suspicious scoreboards include reaching 100 CS before 9.5 minutes into the match which is the realistic threshold for 100 CS without missing a minion.
  • Global Bans: The following list of champions are unfair to play against and currently have absurd win rates (54%+) while maintaining an unhealthy ban rate (30%+). This list is subject to change; Malzahar, Swain.
  • Streaming: Games will be broadcast on https://www.twitch.tv/thetitan18 and/or https://www.twitch.tv/ajsagaming. Every semifinals and finals match up will be broadcast. Broadcast match ups in the opening rounds will be chosen at random and participants will be informed if they are selected.
  • Non-broadcast Matches: All Non-broadcast matches in the first round have to be underway by 6:20 pm Est. All Non-broadcast matches in the second round have to be underway by 7:20 pm Est. This allows for remake time if necessary.
  • Disconnects, Hardware Failure, and Bugs: In the event of any of these situations, the game will be remade if neither side has hit 60 CS. If one side has hit 60 CS, the CS delta has to be under 15 for a remake if the player affected is behind. If a remake is the outcome, the game will have an observer, and has to launch within 5 minutes of the decision. If this happens two times to one player in a match, that player will forfeit that match.

Some extra information that can be helpful:

So the easiest way to sign up is drop your League of Legends in game in this thread. This also allows us to easily add you to the club. 

If you are a low level player in LoL, and are afraid of playing in the tournament, you can still take part and help out. We will need a few observers that can hop into a match up and watch if any of the issues happen in the post above. If there are no issues, you just show and have fun watching people try to kill each other on stream.

Practicing: Queuing mid in dynamic and playing the game is not always the best practice. The playstyle it takes to win a 1v1 can easily lose you many games in the mid lane. I would recommend practicing every now and then with other people in the club. I also wouldn't mind hoping onto the rift for a few 1v1s. I won't be playing in the tournament, but I have a lot of experience in 1v1s, and can pass on my knowledge to willing participants. 

adpop and TheTitan like this

I'm interested in participating in this tournament, but am not yet in the club. My summoner name is NamelessPric. 

Hey guys, I would like to participate in this tourny. My IGN is Renn22 and I am in the club (The club is AJSA rite?).

I do have a few questions: Will you be streaming the specate of the match? Also how will the winners receive their prizes?

Hey guys, I would like to participate in this tourny. My IGN is Renn22 and I am in the club (The club is AJSA rite?).

I will check in the morning. 

I do have a few questions: Will you be streaming the specate of the match?

Yes, the streamed matches will be in spectator mode. Casting will be done by Titan and possibly a co-host yet to be named.

Also how will the winners receive their prizes?

RP codes will be messaged to through this forum, an email, twitter, or any form of communication that will show proof once the transaction is complete. The easiest way to do the cash transfer is through paypal. If you need a money order/check sent to you, I will give Titan the money and make him do it. I would heavily suggest using Paypal. It is cheaper, easier and faster for both parties. 

TheTitan and adpop like this

I wish to be a part of the tournament and my ingame summoner name is SpoopiShipoopi

Cannot wait! Good Luck to all!

TheTitan likes this

My username is ULTRAxCARNAGE on League

TheTitan likes this

Just an update: There are 2 spots still available at the time of this post.

The global bans will be finalized on Friday when I get my hands on more complete stats. 

Okay guys, the bracket is up. Currently the 15th and 16th slots have a place holder in case anyone signs up between now and the tournament. http://challonge.com/julyAJSA1v12016 You can follow that link to make your predictions on the bracket until the start of the tournament. Get the highest score and you officially win bragging rights. 

The first round matchups that will be streamed are in this order Druden vs. PJVenom (6pm), Renn22 vs.  Gpawshaft02 (~6:20), and Showtime vs. Gundrar (~6:40). All matchups Round 2 and on will be streamed from top to bottom in the bracket. 

And last, but not least, the finalized Global Bans. There was a slight change to the criteria, but it now removes the champs who would probably have a 100% ban rate this tournament anyway. 

*Global Bans: The following list of champions are unfair to play against and currently have absurd win rates (54.5%+) or an unhealthy ban rate (40%+):

• Malzahar
  • Swain
  • Zed
  • Vladimir
  • Irelia

It may be in poor taste to vote for myself as the winner but~ I did xD. Also calling it right now I will not get to play Ahri once xD 

1CWSySdh.jpg

I hope everyone is ready for tonight and there are 2 spots still open for stragglers. You have to be registered by 5:30pmEst though.