• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ChronoAtog

BATTLEFIELD 4 :: Performance Boosters

37 posts in this topic

Do you want to play Battlefield 4, but you have no fps? (I almost feel like AM coded this game)

Well these tips should help give you a bit of FPS boosts right now

1. If your on a 64Bit OS right click the game properties, and make it run on 64x mode everytime

-> This lets the game use all your ram, as the 32 bit OS is programmed to use 3GB's of the games RAM (1/2GB is usually your OS)

-> For Some reason the game doesn't automatically know what to pick

2. Run the Direct X update in the Origin Games\Battlefield 4\ .Installer \Direct X\Redist\DXSETUP.EXE (Run it as Admin or it wont work)

3.Try Disabling Hyper threading in your BIOS for some reason, people have been saying a increase in performance, if it doesn't do anything turn it back on

4.Unpark your CPU, this could be a problem as your CPU might be parked in later OS's like Windows 7+, it was  something designed to keep the battery life of your PC

Just in case your not tech savvy or dont feel like touching your Registry, just use this

http://www.coderbag.com/Programming-C/Disable-CPU-Core-Parking-Utility

5. Have a 6xx/7xx series Nvidia Card? In the MSI Afterburner, Riva Tuner Shell, evga Precision X try activating something called KBOOST, what these video cards do is have your GPU lower it's clock speeds depending on how much it is in use to make the card last long but causes unstable FPS as it will fluxate your FPS when there isn't much to process when there isn't to much causing the game to freeze at times

What KBOOST does is have it so it doesn't have your cores under clock themselves at random intervals which would cause the screen freezing

6, Power Management, setting your PCI-Express Link Power State to OFF and CPU Minimum to 100% can help it too (aka your CPU wont flux), you might also have to change this in the BIOS too

7. Some people say for Nvidia this is the best patch to run it on but if you have a 780 your SOL

http://www.geforce.co.uk/drivers/results/63506

8. Update to 4.5 net frame 

http://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/download/details.aspx?id=30653

9. Try this USERConfig

(Make a file called user.cfg in the origingames\battlefield\user.cfg)

RenderDevice.Dx11Enable 1 (0 for more FPS but it doesn't use DX11)
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1Enable 1 (0 for more FPS but it doesn't use DX11)
RenderDevice.Dx11Dot1RuntimeEnable 1 (0 for more FPS but it doesn't use DX11)
RenderDevice.TripleBufferingEnable 0
WorldRender.TransparencyShadowmapsEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurEnable 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurForceOn 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurFixedShutterTime 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMax 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurQuality 0
WorldRender.MotionBlurMaxSampleCount 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapEnable 0
WorldRender.SpotLightShadowmapResolution 256
WorldRender.LightTileCsPathEnable 0
RenderDevice.ForceRenderAheadLimit 0
PostProcess.DynamicAOEnable 0
PerfOverlay.DrawFps True
gametime.maxvariablefps 59.94 (this is one made the micro stutter disappear oddly)

If you guys want to post your Previous FPS Range to current FPS Range, with your settings and resolution (not including the X64 fix, as it's hardly a fix and DICE/EA fucking up and rushing the game) with your graphics card/ram/cpu so like me

27-45 -> 30-45 FPS On Ultra/ 1900 x 1080 (I also do down sampling and such for most my other games)

CPU: I5-2400 (4 cores at 3.5 GHZ)

GPU: Nvidia GTX 780 (Is still stuttering on certain maps, if other people with 780's let me know if you have this problem)

RAM: 8192 MB

(I have a feeling I have a defective GTX 780, as I can run this game fine on Ultra with my 560 TI)

and

30-50 FPS Ultra/1900 x 1080(3 lower settings turned off off)

(I really had to abuse it to get it 30ish and under like in the middle of action and having 4000 DPI and max mouse sensitivity)

(It doesn't seem to stutter any more on my 560 TI over clocked, which was the only problem I had, I usually had a stable 35-50 (40+ is common) FPS, 60 inside buildings)

CPU: I5-2400 (4 cores at 3.5GHZ)

GPU: Nvidia GTX 560 TI

RAM: 8192 MB

(ALSO if you notice stuttering do you seem to be on the 700 series when this all happens, I'm thinking the new 700 drivers as whats causing the problem)

khanate, Koromaro, Relikk and 4 others like this

Thanks for this! I've been having nothing but issues, so this is definitely a sight for sore eyes. 

I know a good boost! buy new components for zeh pc.

Yeah Uhm, oddly for some reasons this made my 560 TI go from unplayable, low fps to 40-60 FPS settings maxxed on 1900x1080 with no microstutter, but my 780 refuses to work properly so something must be wrong with, so I just returned it and prob wait for the 790 or just get a 690 which is prob the most powerful out right now for Nvidia

khanate likes this

Thanks for the tip... im having memory leak issues with my 6950 and the obvious random crashes ofcourse :)

for Memory leak : apperently it helps if you clear space on the drive where it is installed, SSD in my case. AND make sure you run it in windows 7 compatibility mode.

Edit: 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/BF4-PC-Memory-leaking-94-Memory-usage-with-12GB/td-p/1731447

some helpful stuff with people with exterme low FPS due memory leakage 

This is really handy, optimisation is a bit shoddy, Thanks!

Great post, thanks for the info :)

Thanks for the guide. Not very useful to me, seeing as I've made most of these optimisations already. Something you could add:

Disabling Superfetch so it doesn't clog the RAM up:

WIN+R -> services.msc -> ENTER

Find "Superfetch" -> Properties -> switch from "start automatically" to "disable".

Stop the service if it hasn't already stopped ("Superfetch"->Stop Service).

Done. This optimization is very useful on low RAM systems, but can still give you a performance increase.

90-100fps down to 40fps on lowest/ 4144x1024 (3X EIZO L665 1280x1024)

CPU: i3-3220 (2 cores running at 3.3GHz, codename Ivy Bridge, LGA1155, HyperThreading ON because of game crashes otherwise)

GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD7950 Boost (850/1250/1V currently, runs at 1200/1500/1.3V without overheating, but my PSU doesn't quite like that)

RAM: 8192 MB (2x 4096MB in Dual Channel mode)

Motherboard: Gigabyte B75M-D3H (quite durable, seeing as it's been working for a year without getting dusted... much)

PSU: 465W Enermax... something I bought second hand

Case: stored safely away from the rest of the PC

I am running BF4 on low so as to not notice the framerate drops as much as I normally would.

Edited by Sioclya

I found the DirectX tip the most useful. Before patch 60+ frames 1920x1080 (x64) on medium. After patch frames ramped between 30-50 with heaps of micro stutter. Applied DirectX and frames back at 60+ with hardly any stutter. Played about 10 games last night and client very stable, no crashes.

Thanks again for the technical assistance guys.

This thread MIGHT be helpful, so I'll try the DirectX update advice. Otherwise, I have no clue what else to do. The game does run pretty good for me on 32 player servers, but it's hurt the most on 64 player servers. Clearly, my pretty good medium range PC mostly handles 32 player servers!

Sweet thanks man. Tried a couple of them and managed to get a bit of a performance boost, nothing major, but enough to make me happy. 

I don't see anyones issue, ive been running steadily 60-140fps with my 780 since beta first started... Maybe you just have bad cpu? IDK

Reducing the graphics to pretty much low settings isn't a "fix".

Well one thing, UPDATE YOUR WINDOWS... If you have W7... you need SP1, friend couldn't even run beta without it.

Two, disable hyperthreading, even in  windows 8 theres no difference but HT just makes every game perform worse anyways.

Three, unpark your cores.

Thats pretty much all the tweaking thats needed if your rig doesn't suck.

If you still have problems, its very likely you got some stupid power saving option on for your PC/CPU/GPU which will run it at low clocks and is not upclocking when you play BF4. That said i have power saving on my CPU mainly because i want it to be lower temps when im not gaming, but.. Still, i have no issues with it going full speed when it needs to, but i'm doing this through windows i guess.

But i also upgraded to windows 8.1, noticed maybe 10-20 fps gain tops, and with classic shell software.. well, it feels looks and acts pretty much exactly the same as windows 7 did for me. You'd have a hard time telling them apart if you aren't a tech wiz, other than the close maximise and minimise buttons (along with the bar) and windows being square rather than rounded... Its pretty much W7..

battlefield works alot better since the patch actually playable still crashing though 

Exactly the same since patch for me, maybe a few things are fixed, i do crash less but have had crashes still.

Just hit detection and the delayed chat is still screwed, i guess it depends server to server.

Hey guys! First post here on these forums! Anyways, I have a few tips for anyone using the GTX 600 series cards (particularly the 680) But it may also be applied to 700 series cards as I have used the method on my Titan.

Go to Nvidia Control Panel->Manage 3D settings->Program Settings->Select Battlefield 4(bf4.exe) and down below you have a list "Specify the settings for this program"
Go select "Power management mode to prefer maximum performance", "Triple buffering to ON" ,and Vertical sync to Adaptive.

If you have under 2gb of vram it's possible triple buffering may have a small effect on performce (I may be wrong)

Awesome stuff, thanks for the post

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0