• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

MadDemon64

Steam Sale

40 posts in this topic

It's that time again: The Steam Summer Sale.  It goes from now unitil July 4.

So what games will you buy?  What games have you bought?  What games are you on the fence about?  Post 'em here!  I'll start.

(ahem)

Has anyone played Rise of the Argonauts?  I am considering buying it but am not sure.

Bought GTA IV (didn't have it on PC yet). 5 is still too high right now, and it'll probably be a while until it gets any lower.

Also picked up Elder Scrolls Online. $20 and no subscription fee? Why not? It looked pretty lame on release, but recent reviews have shown me that they polished it up a LOT.

Really wanted DOOM, but even $35 just seems a little high for me right now.

Would Like Rise of the Tomb Raider as well, but that's going to have to sink below $15 before I even consider it.

On the fence with The Crew. It's around $13 and despite poor reviews I did think it looked cool if I wanted to pass some time just driving around.

Almost everything else that's relevant to my interests...I already own.

Apex Spartan likes this

I didn't realize ESO dropped the monthly subscription. It's something I'd considered at $20.

I really wanted to get Stellaris, but 10% discount is kind of lame. 

If I didn't just buy the Witcher 3 and expansion in the GOG sale, I would have picked up Fallout 4 for $30. 

I've only had a quick look so far but found nothing of interest.  I might consider DOOM but not much else.

bought:

- Chronicon

- Puzzle Quest 2

- Dex

- Legend of Fae

- Planetary Annihilation Titans upgrade

- Age of Empires 2 HD Complete

- Tales from the Borderlands

- The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

will buy (maybe)

- Mad Games Tycoon

Doom for $35 is an instant buy for me.

I'll probably pick up Dead by Daylight (I think that's the correct name) since my friends all bought it and want to play.

Also just FYI, anyone considering something from the Sonic franchise should check out Humble Bundle before buying from the Steam sale.

Just throwing it out there, but if you plan on buying any Sonic games, I recommend going to humblebundle instead. They got a good deal going on there because of Sonic's 25th birthday. I'm going with this for the cheaper Lost World price and to give a friend a copy of all stars racing transformed cause dammit that game is fun but no one believes me.

MadDemon64 likes this

PRAISE GABEN

Also, will tally everything at the end of the sale.

23 minutes ago, Glaice said:

PRAISE GABEN

Why?  This sale sucks!  Most items are around 40-50% off at best and the ones that are more than that have been out for years and have been sold at this price before.  I've seen better deals on PSN lately!

6 minutes ago, Crazycrab said:

Why?  This sale sucks!  Most items around 40-50% off at best and the ones that are more than that have been out for years and have been sold at this price before.  I've seen better deals on PSN lately!

Hush man! You can't say that! Even though you're right that's like shaking it more than twice when you take a leak!

Crazycrab likes this

The stuff I want are not at the prices I want to pay yet. So probably nothing for me this sale. Unless my will power fails (which happens pretty often). Besides, I probably won't play whatever I buy from this sale immediately anyway.

Sale? More like "I'm gonna spend lots of money on a 1000 games I will never play."

I'm not into this Steam sales hype and never was, but good luck to you all on your purchases. May you find something worthy! Tho I still challange you to play it.

1 hour ago, Apex Spartan said:

Sale? More like "I'm gonna spend lots of money on a 1000 games I will never play."

I'm not into this Steam sales hype and never was, but good luck to you all on your purchases. May you find something worthy! Tho I still challange you to play it.

This

The reason why steam sales and in fact most of the really cheep sale stuff on PC just aren't worth it for me. It doesn't matter how cheep it is, if you don't want it, it's worthless.

Apex Spartan likes this

2 hours ago, Apex Spartan said:

i have a very strict method. I buy what i want to play, not what i want to have because it's "nice to have". i cleaned my Wishlist from 93 to 37 games. And from those 37 games i only bought 8. And 2 of them i already played it yesterday night. The games that i bought from the last summer sale (15 games) i already beat 6 or 7 of them. The 8th one i will beat this weekend.

in the Summer Sale i find always the same Mainstream / AAA Titles with 10% - 30% off (29,99€ - 34,99€),  which is funny because i find them on the media market around the corner for 9,99€ or on Kinguin, MMOGA or G2a for 6,99€ to 8,99€. Not every Sale is a...well, Sale.

Apex Spartan likes this

8 hours ago, Apex Spartan said:

Well I only buy things that I plan on playing and really want.  The rest I buy with GreenManGaming credit or enter giveaways.

Apex Spartan likes this

True, yeah that's a good idea.

I rarely buy games anymore and I'm not a huge fan of Steam sales since I don't really like Steam for certain reasons. Nothing really bad with it directly, but I prefer to get games if they are buyable without Steam. Sadly, most games that do end up on sale I'm not interested in.

19 hours ago, PlasticFrogCG said:

Also picked up Elder Scrolls Online. $20 and no subscription fee? Why not? It looked pretty lame on release, but recent reviews have shown me that they polished it up a LOT.

I just bought it myself, but for 8 euros (Not steam) :P

I actually decided to buy it after I saw you mention it, so I headed to Steam and saw it for 20 euros and was like "Not a bad price, but Im gonna check a few more places" and I found it for 8 euros lol. I'm sure it will be worth it.

Let me know if you play it, I'll join you. Would be good to partner up with someone, if you want.

PlasticFrogCG likes this

25 minutes ago, Apex Spartan said:

True, yeah that's a good idea.

I rarely buy games anymore and I'm not a huge fan of Steam sales since I don't really like Steam for certain reasons. Nothing really bad with it directly, but I prefer to get games if they are buyable without Steam. Sadly, most games that do end up on sale I'm not interested in.

I just bought it myself, but for 8 euros (Not steam) :P

I actually decided to buy it after I saw you mention it, so I headed to Steam and saw it for 20 euros and was like "Not a bad price, but Im gonna check a few more places" and I found it for 8 euros lol. I'm sure it will be worth it.

Let me know if you play it, I'll join you. Would be good to partner up with someone, if you want.

hey apex, still waiting for your steam friend invite for Rocket League^^

Apex Spartan likes this

14 minutes ago, Beatmaster A.C. said:

hey apex, still waiting for your steam friend invite for Rocket League^^

Oh shit, thanks for reminding me xD

Gonna add u right now since im on it!

I bought like 11 under 1$ games in bundles , solely for them trading cards, resell them and get more money. When you have around 10 bucks you can buy what you want and have a little over to farm some more! :D Just bought Rise of nations extended edition! looking to play that later.

I'm thinking either Xcom 2 or Superhot.

The Division has been getting horrible views lately, and Far Cry Primal is still not appealing yet.

16 minutes ago, DemonsColt said:

I'm thinking either Xcom 2 or Superhot.

The Division has been getting horrible views lately, and Far Cry Primal is still not appealing yet.

Judging from some articles I read, Division playerbase is dropping hard for some reason. 

Just now, Apex Spartan said:

Judging from some articles I read, Division playerbase is dropping hard for some reason. 

And that too. You can't play a supposed MMO game without some players.

That's why I never got Battlefront on PC, no one plays it anymore.

I did get most games in 2014 and 2015 I like so I'll have to look extra careful.