• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

Ancient

Battlefield 1 Historical Trailer Analysis I THE GREAT WAR Special

8 posts in this topic

Its a fun and educative video :D

QwiK and Apex Spartan like this

I'm a big fan of Battlefield series, but I'll say it once again: for everyone who expects this to 100% showcase World War 1 or be 100% historically accurate, well, you are playing the wrong game. DICE has already several time mentioned it's not gonna be either 100% historically accurate and also that it's "alternate WW1" which explains some of the things like the full body metal armor and what not, things that didn't exist.

It's Battlefield. You play it mostly for the fun combat, action and other things and not to learn how WW1 was fought lol. These videos are awesome, but sometimes people watching them take them too seriously and then say Battlefield is shit because so much stuff wasn't real.

Anyway, great post man and thanks for sharing!

World War I... such an underrated war and the fact not many people talk about it. They talk more about World War II as it basically was a more serious war.

13 minutes ago, DestinyDecade said:

World War I... such an underrated war and the fact not many people talk about it. They talk more about World War II as it basically was a more serious war.

Well IMO what I think makes WW2 more popular is that it involved bigger and more serious events: holocaust, atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagaski, kamikaze, bombing all over cities and countries, Normandy Invasion, Pearl Harbor attack.

WW2 had more events that were so big unlike WW1. (correct me if I'm wrong)

After WW2, technology boomed much more than during or after WW1. After WW2, Cold War begun and reconsturction of Europe.  Computer technology started to appear around the end of WW2 as well and many other things that I can't really list from my brain. The V-2 rockets were invented by Germans which were later a base for what we have today and pretty much all kinds of rockets after that.

Also overall statistics in death were bigger in WW2 than in WW1 and it left a bigger impact and scar. If I'm not wrong, WW2 was a lot more documented than WW1 because of the better technology to do so, which is why we got so much footage and pictures from WW2 unlike WW1.

And probably the most important thing: most WW2 veterans are still alive today, while WW1 are dead. Not all, but many more. Story of WW2 is a lot more clearer than it is of WW1 and it's probably why it's more fun to most people to learn rather than WW1.

It was just overall a lot more bloodier war with a bloodier impact. That's what I think at least.

It sure is underrated, but WW2 was a lost worse.

Just now, Apex Spartan said:

Well IMO what I think makes WW2 more popular is that it involved bigger and more serious events: holocaust, atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagaski, kamikaze, bombing all over cities and countries, Normandy Invasion, Pearl Harbor attack.

WW2 had more events that were so big unlike WW1. (correct me if I'm wrong)

After WW2, technology boomed much more than during or after WW1. After WW2, Cold War begun and reconsturction of Europe. And many other things that you would probably have to Google :P

Also overall statistics in death were bigger in WW2 than in WW1 and it left a bigger impact and scar. If I'm not wrong, WW2 was a lot more documented than WW1 because of the better technology to do so, which is why we got so much footage and pictures from WW2 unlike WW1.

And probably the most important thing: most WW2 veterans are still alive today, while WW1 are dead. Not all, but many more. Story of WW2 is a lot more clearer than it is of WW1 and it's probably why it's more fun to most people to learn rather than WW1.

It was just overall a lot more bloodier war with a bloodier impact. That's what I think at least.

I know. I like learning about the battles of war. World War 2 was bloodier, messy and had more repercussions. Not to mention it contributed to the founding of the United Nations.

Apex Spartan likes this

Good to see people giving more information about a war that most people only know involved trenches.

So people know, I do post videos like this, including this one, in the news posts every week.

It also has what most people would consider clear villains in Nazis and with Japan expansionism and treatment of the Chinese which allows for a more heroic portrayal of soldiers in film, books, video games, etc.

Apex Spartan likes this

2 hours ago, Legolas_Katarn said:

Good to see people giving more information about a war that most people only know involved trenches.

So people know, I do post videos like this, including this one, in the news posts every week.

It also has what most people would consider clear villains in Nazis and with Japan expansionism and treatment of the Chinese which allows for a more heroic portrayal of soldiers in film, books, video games, etc.

I enjoyed that video because it was informative and it helped me get more understanding about the stuff that they used in World War I. And back in WW1, they didn't had stuff like airplanes until 3 years in... in 1917. That was during the time the US got involved in the war. They were mostly neutral until incidents involving German U-Boats started sinking ships including the Lusitania that killed over 200 people. And they at least had stuff like tanks to go on the offensive along with artillery fire.

Here's another video they did for the new trailer.

Apex Spartan likes this