• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

TheMakerofRain

What We Want: Elder Scrolls 6

13 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

I am unsure of this being a forum topic that already exists elsewhere (or should I say, Elsweyr) on this website, but I intend this to be a discussion for what we think are good ideas for the sixth game in the Elder Scrolls franchise. I'd love to hear other ideas, so please, feel free to post any idea you want to see come to fruition.

When I think of what the Elder Scrolls 6 can be, I try to think of areas of where the story can expand to, and all of the different landscapes that the world of Nirn and the continent of Tamriel have to offer. I think an interesting setting for this game would be Hammerfell, as it offers variety from previous seen realms. To start, the events preceding Skyrim with the Empire signing the White-Gold Concordat saw this province remove itself from the Empire, as it refused to bow to the Aldmeri Dominion. This could create an interesting plot where Hammerfell is possibly invaded by the Aldmeri Dominion and they must resist their conquest, or one where it is years after the signing, and the Empire wishes to reclaim it as a province. Also, the differing religious beliefs between this province and the others could be another possible thread. Either way, these are just options for the plot that I do believe is plausible. In addition, Hammerfell's vast size and geography offers variation unlike any other province. From the unforgiving Alik'r Desert in the west to the monstrous Dragontail Mountains to the east, a rich history for the province, and it being Tamriel's third-largest province, Hammerfell offers everything a player could ask for.

Bethesda could go a step even further by also incorporating the province of High Rock into the game, as well as Hammerfell. High Rock offers variation in the forms of both Geography, internal conflict between the varying social classes, and the present city state of Daggerfall. This would add even more to the previously listed points, with even more rich history. But that is a discussion for another day.

Thanks for reading this. I needed a place to rant, and respond with your own ideas, questions, or points if you feel inclined to do so.

Have a nice day!

Ranisel and AJSA CHM like this

I hope the next continent we get to explore and have grand adventures on is Valenwood. I really want to see the beautiful forests and the homeland of the wood elves. :epic:

76561198195081954.png

TheMakerofRain likes this

52 minutes ago, AJSA CHM said:

I hope the next continent we get to explore and have grand adventures on is Valenwood. I really want to see the beautiful forests and the homeland of the wood elves. :epic:

76561198195081954.png

Yeah that would also be a very nice location for the game to happen, as the forests and history there have quite a lot to offer.

AJSA CHM likes this

Hammerfell could be interesting! But speaking of Elsweyr, I'd really like to see the home of the Cat-people. And I don't know as much about Elder Scrolls universe as much I want to, the main thing that puts me off it is the whole Eternity Afterlife, everytime I get immersed as the character I'm playing I avoid Daedra like wild fire, the last thing I want to be immersed in is that as a Feline Thief becoming Nightingale and getting the sweet armor would result in me spending a whole ETERNITY as a ghost guarding stuff. In addition to that it also takes away some of the mystery and I find it weird how there are multiple afterlives depending on your Race and Religion and such...? 

So due to my limited knowledge of the lore, I don't know if Elsweyr has enough in it for a whole TES game, but I could totally see it being an expansion to say... Valenwood? Or Vice-Versa.

I like the Hammerfall idea, and the Black Marsh, Valenwood and Elsweyr ideas. Really I want to see everywhere in Tamriel. But I hope they keep the standard ES games limited to one province and just go through each one at a time.

Since reboots are still a thing I think it would be awesome to revisit Daggerfall. That was the first ES game I played and for all its bugs and dated graphics it's still my favorite.

On 28/06/2016 at 11:19 PM, Ranisel said:

Hammerfell could be interesting! But speaking of Elsweyr, I'd really like to see the home of the Cat-people. And I don't know as much about Elder Scrolls universe as much I want to, the main thing that puts me off it is the whole Eternity Afterlife, everytime I get immersed as the character I'm playing I avoid Daedra like wild fire, the last thing I want to be immersed in is that as a Feline Thief becoming Nightingale and getting the sweet armor would result in me spending a whole ETERNITY as a ghost guarding stuff. In addition to that it also takes away some of the mystery and I find it weird how there are multiple afterlives depending on your Race and Religion and such...? 

So due to my limited knowledge of the lore, I don't know if Elsweyr has enough in it for a whole TES game, but I could totally see it being an expansion to say... Valenwood? Or Vice-Versa.

The whole universe in Elder Scrolls is very confusing, but it kind of works like Heaven and Hell.

So far, all games of Elder Scrolls happen on Tamriel, ONE of the main continents. There is also Akavir, Atmora, Yokuda, Pyandonea, Thras and one more, apparently called Aldmeris, but no one really knows if it exsits. Nothing is really known about any of those continents except about Akavir a little, who once long ago, invaded Tamriel, but failed. This is why sometimes you will encounter "Akaviri ghosts" in Oblivion in Cyrodiil where the Imperials live. Their invasion however failed.

The planet that it's all happening on it called Nirn and the other "planets" you see in the sky at night are it's moons: Seconda and Masser

This all is happening in a mortal plane called Mundus and it was created by a divine being called Lorkan, but he couldn't create the whole universe alone so he asked other immortals to help him create it and they are called Et'ada or Etada. The ones who helped create the mortal universe that the ES games that place in are called Aedra, and the ones who refused to are called Daedra. From what I know, in this mortal plane, there is 8 other planets including Nirn.

Now beyond MUNDUS, the mortal plane I talked about above and where your charcters live, you have the Oblivion. Now that's where the bitchin' Daedra live and if you played ES: Oblivion, then you kind of know how Oblivion looks like: HELL!

And Daedra are basically demons and all kinds of bad evil shit lives there, including the Daedric lords who are often mentioned througout Elder Scrolls games.

Daedra live outside of MUNDUS (the realm where people live) because as I said above, they didn't wanna help make Mundus, thus, they live in Oblivion, a realm outside Mundus. Now some people say that Oblivion is the "vast nothing" that you see through out the skky when you go on your nightly trips (the space) and the stars you see aren't stars, but actually holes that go through Oblivion and connect it to Aetherius, a realm OUTSIDE of Oblivion where the Aedra live. The place full of magicka and awesome things so basically something like Heaven as people describe it here.

And reason magic and Magicka exist in Mundus is because the holes I described that go through Oblivion to this plane actually transfer that magic through those holes which reach the Mortal plane aka Mundus and that's why magic and shit exists. And that's just PARTIAL part of Elder Scrolls lore, that's how the Universe functions and what it's made of. Now imagine if you actually knew the history of continents,the races etc etc

I actually find it very interesting and it all kind of makes sense, like it's not just like "Oh how does magic exist here? It just does?" or "who the fuck are daedra, just some random red pieces of shit with horns?" But it all has a story, reason and explanation of what and who they/it is/are.

Anyway, enough of my NERD HAMMER!

angry-nerd.jpg

It's a huge universe.

Anyway, half of the stuff I told you I actually learned here and I'm also a big Elder Scrolls fan :P

Ranisel and TheMakerofRain like this

Shoddy Cast's series on ES lore is really cool. I've watched them all back when I was playing Skyrim so what you wrote felt like new. :D And yeah, there's so much lore just for the universe itself. Also I remember I stayed away from Enchantings or atleast after I visited the Soul Cairn, if you've played Dawnguard...? I think. It's this big purple-ish place where Souls go from Black Soul stones.

God damn is there anything more frightening than spending an eternity in pain in that shitty realm because some asshole mage wanted an enchant ? :unsureoj:

I mean the lore, stories in ES are distinct and interesting to learn, but It's not something I'd want to be immersed in :D. But it is cool to have literal Gods fuck with you in a game, it humbles you a bit when you know that your character can become this crazy motherfucker's slave for eternity. It's such a pity that all that Eternity stuff makes Immersion really hard for me, especially when both Oblivion and Skyrim seemed soo easy to get immersed in with a couple of mods for sleep,food,water and I think there was even peeing ? :D I remember when Sylvanas' story from Warcraft included a Hell which she went to when she killed herself which made me hate her soo much, but turns out it could be Valkyries manipulating her. :kappaoj:

Also another thing I like about ES's lore is that every race/religion have their own version of what happened, you can never be 100% certain how it actually went down. :o 

I still have Oblivion, but I haven't played through it I've read the campaign is quite long and the Quests didn't seem stellar to me.

Haha yea the lore is huge!

Well for me personally, Oblivion was a better game. Not because of gameplay, but I liked the map more because it had more variety, it felt bigger and side quests and factions were more interesting. It was also a time when I still had no internet and I remember I had to learn everything by myself in that game. I remember when I accidentally killed my first innocent victim and next time I slept in a bed in some Inn which was at some lonely road through a thick forest, I got visited by Dark Brotherhood.I was like, "WOW! I can be an assassin?" I was so amazed and there was so much stuff I didn't know about the game until I actually got internet and then later found out.

Ranisel and TheMakerofRain like this

I personally liked Oblivion a bit more too. Felt more... free, I guess?

The Mechanics of Skyrim were good for the most part though and graphics obviously improved.

If they can do what they did to Fallout with ES, that'd be grand.

1 hour ago, Apex Spartan said:

The whole universe in Elder Scrolls is very confusing, but it kind of works like Heaven and Hell.

So far, all games of Elder Scrolls happen on Tamriel, ONE of the main continents. There is also Akavir, Atmora, Yokuda, Pyandonea, Thras and one more, apparently called Aldmeris, but no one really knows if it exsits. Nothing is really known about any of those continents except about Akavir a little, who once long ago, invaded Tamriel, but failed. This is why sometimes you will encounter "Akaviri ghosts" in Oblivion in Cyrodiil where the Imperials live. Their invasion however failed.

The planet that it's all happening on it called Nirn and the other "planets" you see in the sky at night are it's moons: Seconda and Masser

This all is happening in a mortal plane called Mundus and it was created by a divine being called Lorkan, but he couldn't create the whole universe alone so he asked other immortals to help him create it and they are called Et'ada or Etada. The ones who helped create the mortal universe that the ES games that place in are called Aedra, and the ones who refused to are called Daedra. From what I know, in this mortal plane, there is 8 other planets including Nirn.

Now beyond MUNDUS, the mortal plane I talked about above and where your charcters live, you have the Oblivion. Now that's where the bitchin' Daedra live and if you played ES: Oblivion, then you kind of know how Oblivion looks like: HELL!

And Daedra are basically demons and all kinds of bad evil shit lives there, including the Daedric lords who are often mentioned througout Elder Scrolls games.

Daedra live outside of MUNDUS (the realm where people live) because as I said above, they didn't wanna help make Mundus, thus, they live in Oblivion, a realm outside Mundus. Now some people say that Oblivion is the "vast nothing" that you see through out the skky when you go on your nightly trips (the space) and the stars you see aren't stars, but actually holes that go through Oblivion and connect it to Aetherius, a realm OUTSIDE of Oblivion where the Aedra live. The place full of magicka and awesome things so basically something like Heaven as people describe it here.

And reason magic and Magicka exist in Mundus is because the holes I described that go through Oblivion to this plane actually transfer that magic through those holes which reach the Mortal plane aka Mundus and that's why magic and shit exists. And that's just PARTIAL part of Elder Scrolls lore, that's how the Universe functions and what it's made of. Now imagine if you actually knew the history of continents,the races etc etc

I actually find it very interesting and it all kind of makes sense, like it's not just like "Oh how does magic exist here? It just does?" or "who the fuck are daedra, just some random red pieces of shit with horns?" But it all has a story, reason and explanation of what and who they/it is/are.

Anyway, enough of my NERD HAMMER!

angry-nerd.jpg

It's a huge universe.

Anyway, half of the stuff I told you I actually learned here and I'm also a big Elder Scrolls fan :P

That was honestly the best way I think somebody could summarize the history of the universe in a short passage. That was great!

Ranisel and Apex Spartan like this