• Welcome to the Angry Joe Show Army!

Join our community of gamers passionate about our community and our hobby! Whether it's playing, discussing, or watching games, regardless of platform, genre, or location, we have a place for you, always!

• PS4 Forum

The AJSA Playstation 4 Division: Game Nights and More!

The AJSA is on Playstation 4! Join us for weekly Game Nights with a selection of the best games the PS4 has to offer!

• XBO Forum

The AJSA Xbox One Division: We Got You Covered!

The AJSA Xbox One Division is ready to connect with you on XBox Live with a ton of events for the best Xbox games!

• News Archive

The Best News from the Best Sites, Every Week.

The AJSA News Collection Team is hard at work condensing a week's worth of news into one giant-sze digest for you to chew on and discuss! Links to source articles are always provided!

• More Info

The AJSA Expeditionary Force: Deploying to Play the Best PC Games!

The elite vanguard of the AJSA, the Expeditionary Force (EF) chooses a new PC game every week! Join us for weekly events and help decide if the game has a future in the AJSA.

• The Team

Streaming Now: The AJSA Stream Team

Joe can't stream every game, but our talented AJSA Stream Team covers a wide variety of games and personalities! Check them out, and show them some AJSA Love!

• The Tube

The AJSA Community YouTube Channel

Featuring news, gameplay clips, and more from the community! The Community is a chance to showcase the best moments in AJSA Gaming!

71 posts in this topic

So as we are all aware, Joe has been getting a lot of needless flak on Youtube. Any video that is not an Angry review gets dislike bombed and all the comments to be found are excessively negative. So the purpose of this topic is to discuss what we can do to help out. Or to make recommendations on what to do.

Screenshot_2016-06-29-16-20-33.jpg

Screenshot_2016-06-29-16-20-17.jpg

Me and other long term veterans have said this numerous times, but I'll say it again.

We do nothing. Joe's a big boy and can look after himself.

The AJSA is a gaming community set up by Angry Joe, no more, no less. We may be the "Angry Army" and us being fans of Joe's youtube content is one of the things that brought us together, but we are not his "White Knight" defenders. Us rallying together to do whatever it is to combat these people and comments would only make things worse for him and give the wrong impressions of what our community is about.

People are free to have there own opinions of Joe's videos including the AJSA members. There are plenty of respected, long term and even ranking members in this community that would agree that Joe's content isn't as good as it used to be... including me.

The best thing to do is ignore this stuff.

Crazycrab, Scope, Rain and 8 others like this

Just now, Shagger said:

Me and other long term veterans have said this numerous time I'll say it again.

The AJSA is a gaming community set up by Angry Joe, no more, no less. We may be the "Angry Army" and us being fans of Joe's youtube content is one of the things that brought us together, but we are not his "White Knight" defenders. Us rallying together to whatever it is to combat these people and comments would only make things worse for him and give the wrong impressions of what our community is about.

People are free to have there own opinions of Joe's videos including the AJSA members. There are plenty of respected, long term and even ranking members in this community that would agree that Joe's content isn't as good as it used to be... including me.

The best this to do is ignore this stuff.

Never thought of it like that. Though I will say this is my second account. Forgot mah password to the email. But yeah. He can look after himself

2 minutes ago, Forged Horizon said:

Never thought of it like that. Though I will say this is my second account. Forgot mah password to the email. But yeah. He can look after himself

Your old account could be recovered if you want. Contact AJSA Commander Legolas_Katarn and he should be able to help you out so long as you remember your original username.

Forged Horizon likes this

I wouldn't even call Angry Army fans of Joe. While majority may be fans, but mostly it's people who like him or just watched him. TBH reason I joined is because it looked like the only decent gaming community at the time. Calling me a fan or me representing Joe as a fan just because I'm a part of AA is wrong. Many friends out of AJSA think I'm here because I'm a huge fan of Joe. I like him and he ain't bad, but I'm not a fan.

Fuck the haters is all I'm gonna say. True, I also agree his content is pretty bad now, but there is no point hating him now. And I'm gonna tell you right now, most people throwing out this hard hate at him are mostly fans anyways. Fans or fanboys can be the worst in these cases. If their favorite icon starts doing things wrong, they will often get butthurt about it. It's just how it is. It's why I hate fanboys in everything. They can't look behind their own selfish ass! Normal fans will give nice praise when something is good, but in bad times they will give constructive feedback. Fanboys will either overpraise no matter what or totally destroy and get butthurt if things start to go in the other direction and not the way they want.

True, Joe does lots of things wrong atm and his content has decayed, but no point throwing out hate at him. It won't help.

As Shagger said, he is a big boy and he knows what he is doing. Maybe he got bored of it all...

Scope likes this

No such thing as being a "hater" or "white knight" its called a fucking opinion don't like it get off the internet. Joe's video's have become worse and worse over time his channel is basically a trailer review to movie review with a bit of gaming review sprinkled in between and you know what? I am fucking sick of it. I subbed to him because he had decent GAMING reviews. If i wanted to see movie reviews I could just as easily go to rotten tomatoes and read the reviews on the movies there and get even more in depth information about a certain movie. 

Also! I do not count rapid fire reviews because thats just an easy way out to "review" something Joe needs to start putting in more damn effort into his gaming reviews and leave the movie BS alone!

Talbis and Glaice like this

10 minutes ago, Vonleo said:

No such thing as being a "hater" or "white knight" its called a fucking opinion don't like it get off the internet.

Woah woah, calm down mate. You are right about having opinions on the internet, which is why I gave my own, so why did you get so upset then? What I said was an opinion and it wasn't even directed at ANYONE.

There is such a thing as being a hater, because that's what internet is all about. Here you find the biggest douchebags and assholes and haters  than anywhere else on the planet. Here people shit and hate because they know they are safe behind screens.

Also just because you subbed to him doesn't mean he can't fuck up. So what if you subbed? You clicked a button. You didn't pay to watch him or pay him to put out good content. It's his channel and he does WHATEVER he does, even if he knows it's bad. It's his choice. Getting mad over it and saying shit like "I'm a sub he needs to get better" makes no sense at all. Instead of cursing and saying how shit he is, which btw is getting annoying because it's not news anymore, you might as well just go to some other Youtuber.

There is a 1000 people out there like or similar to him, even better than him. Why waste time saying how fucking shit his channel is then? He isn't the only reviewer on the planet and talking shit about his channel just wastes time.

He screwed up. Getting upset won't help you or him. Just find someone else mate.

Alexander452 likes this

What do you guys think about this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No7Vvctk_7g

I can't agree with the Rapid Reviews. They are much better than the long winded ones. Also I don't get why people cry so much. If a Youtuber shifts his content he will pull in viewers from other places and the old people will leave. Thats just how it is.

11 hours ago, Vonleo said:

If i wanted to see movie reviews I could just as easily go to rotten tomatoes and read the reviews on the movies there and get even more in depth information about a certain movie. 

Nope you can't, Rotten Tomatoes and sites like that are garbage. 

And while I respect your opinion, note that you subscribed to AngryJoeSHOW your reason for subbing is irrelevant and as the ANGRY JOE show, the show is what HE decides. As I've said before I think that the YouTube subscribers,fans or community however you want to refer to it, is incredibly spoiled, just beyond belief. Every major YouTuber praises his fans, just stroking their cocks or pussies ''I'm nothing without you'' ''Thank you for making all this possible'' with statements like that of course your Fans will become authoritive, they will think that just because they clicked a red button or a thumbs up the creators are somehow entitled or bound by law to adhere to your opinions or critcisims.

You say you subscribed because of the Angry Reviews? Well I subscribed for everything, I'm a comic book nerd I like watching his Movie Reviews I like to hear his opinions on nerdy stuff like comic book movies and such, and guess what, his iconic attire has a giant fucking Superman logo in front of it, and it's even RED it's like a huge fucking warning sign that he likes nerdy stuff and just because you Subscribed to him doesn't mean he should stop producing that content.

On June 29, 2016 at 5:46 PM, Shagger said:

Me and other long term veterans have said this numerous times I'll say it again.

The AJSA is a gaming community set up by Angry Joe, no more, no less. We may be the "Angry Army" and us being fans of Joe's youtube content is one of the things that brought us together, but we are not his "White Knight" defenders. Us rallying together to do whatever it is to combat these people and comments would only make things worse for him and give the wrong impressions of what our community is about.

The best this to do is ignore this stuff.

And u shouldn't have to Joe should've saw this coming when he started making those shitty games is he still even making them cause I haven't heard any updates on them recently and he still haven't gave us a very good reason for the lack of reviews. Pretty much he deserves the hate he's getting.

14 hours ago, Ranisel said:

Nope you can't, Rotten Tomatoes and sites like that are garbage. 

And while I respect your opinion, note that you subscribed to AngryJoeSHOW your reason for subbing is irrelevant and as the ANGRY JOE show, the show is what HE decides. As I've said before I think that the YouTube subscribers,fans or community however you want to refer to it, is incredibly spoiled, just beyond belief. Every major YouTuber praises his fans, just stroking their cocks or pussies ''I'm nothing without you'' ''Thank you for making all this possible'' with statements like that of course your Fans will become authoritive, they will think that just because they clicked a red button or a thumbs up the creators are somehow entitled or bound by law to adhere to your opinions or critcisims.

You say you subscribed because of the Angry Reviews? Well I subscribed for everything, I'm a comic book nerd I like watching his Movie Reviews I like to hear his opinions on nerdy stuff like comic book movies and such, and guess what, his iconic attire has a giant fucking Superman logo in front of it, and it's even RED it's like a huge fucking warning sign that he likes nerdy stuff and just because you Subscribed to him doesn't mean he should stop producing that content.

I subbed for the angry and movie reviews, updates, reactions and vlogs. Not the fucking lets play and developer previews.

Jun 25, Apr 17, Apr 10, Mar 19, Feb 23, and Feb 21. Straight from youtube itself, these are the published dates of every angry review Joe have done this year, excluding rapid fire and that shit with the oculus rift. Easy to say, I don't think the guy have been slacking off on his regular reviews. Yes, he created other types of content to keep the payroll going, but it's not like it's some painful shit to watch. Hell, from all the bs that pops up on my subscriber box, I'd say his movie reviews or whatever is pretty tamed, something that easily ignored. They're not even that bad tbh, just not as entertaining as his usual shtick.

Personally I don't see the issue with the extra skippable content he spews out. It could be worse. He could start talking about youtube drama. 

Nirvana likes this

6 hours ago, Nirvana said:

I subbed for the angry and movie reviews, updates, reactions and vlogs. Not the fucking lets play and developer previews.

How interesting, you subbed for Angry Reviews, which are Video Game Reviews. But to Review a Video Game, you need to play It. Holy shit? Whadda ya know? I don't watch his Let's Plays but I do enjoy his Stream whenever I catch him, cause he usually doesn't follow his Schedule. Seriously no one is forcing you to watch anything, If you don't like the series or the new format Joe has, don't watch It. That would send a loud and clear message, that YOU don't LIKE It, from then on It's HIS choice wether to CONTINUE or to drop It.

6 hours ago, Nirvana said:

Basically he can't make everyone happy and he may have stretched himself too thin.  I hope over time, the angry joe youtube community catches up to what content he has decided to make now.

Also I don't get what's wrong with developer previews.  They give additional information and you can skip that stuff if you don't care.

9 hours ago, Ranisel said:

How interesting, you subbed for Angry Reviews, which are Video Game Reviews. But to Review a Video Game, you need to play It. Holy shit? Whadda ya know? I don't watch his Let's Plays but I do enjoy his Stream whenever I catch him, cause he usually doesn't follow his Schedule. Seriously no one is forcing you to watch anything, If you don't like the series or the new format Joe has, don't watch It. That would send a loud and clear message, that YOU don't LIKE It, from then on It's HIS choice wether to CONTINUE or to drop It.

Whoops sry almost forgot to mention the live streams and I only watch the lets play if they look interesting. It wouldn't matter if could just balance all of his content instead of focusing less on his angry reviews.

Who gives a shit?

We are not his personal white knight army and stop making dumb posts about people with OPINIONS about Joe! Not everyone is going to like him so deal with it, OP. Even I have my own and I think he's going downhill in terms of general quality and what is being posted.

:dwijoe:

^ This marks all that needs to be said ^

The YouTube comments are going to bitch about this stuff. It's what they do. Nothing we need to concern ourselves.

I feel like Joe's really been feeling the pressure lately. We don't need to create more by drawing up further criticism and trolling. That way lies madness

Apex Spartan likes this

Could not think of anything else after reading the comment

Trying to make people in youtube comments sections for big channels play nice is like trying to convince terrorists to settle their disputes via playing rocks paper scissors.

I just never understand what is up with the hate Joe gets. And he has even said that if you want to have a debate that's fine about a game or project etc but if all you are going to do is piss and moan about everything but not back anything you say with reasoning and logic. And that I highly respect Joe for and just the fact that he tries to make his videos entertaining to watch with his sense of humor in his reviews. Having a difference on something is fine as long as you aren't just complaining and making no attempt to back up your points. But that is the internet for you I guess.

This kind of looks like a dead thread, but I wanted to talk about Joe's recent blow out and this thread seems like the place to do it. 

At this point he is starting to deserve some of the hate. His channel was built around his Angry Reviews. At this point I think he is done with them, which would be fine if he didn't keep promising to make new ones. He started off this year with a video promising a set schedule and most people fell for it. I know I did. Then after two plus months of nothing he come out and tells us that we have to wait until September. He wasn't even apologetic. How could he not expect some blow back? And his answer to that deserved blow back was to act like a baby and disable his comments and ratings.

My personal opinion is that the haters should back off, I know why they are pissed but they should let Joe have his break and THEN get pissed if he fails to deliver in September, I'm pretty sure that's all Joe is asking for his game review fans.

Looks like I was right all along since last year with the growing displeasure among fans. You change your overall format, you're going to lose your original fan base and now I see it.

Not to mention bleeding subs by the hundreds since that update video and last month you only got a paltry 2,800 subs, down 84% and views are down 49%.

Go back to your roots or risk demolishing your reputation.

This is what happens when you are "Disconnected" from your fanbase.

Disabling comments AND ratings for a month? Are you out of your mind?

Here's the simple truth:  AJ NEEDS to get back to what made him, the gaming reviews.  Views for gaming content, not necessarily reviews, dwarfs everything else on the channel.  Not even a year ago, the NMS review has over 5 million views.  Hell, he doesn't seem to even do non-AAA/high profile games anymore, even though his Mindjack review is one the best reviews he's done.

I'm not opposed to diversifying content, but it shouldn't come at the cost of his bread and butter.

Because this is relevant to what happened recently. Don't tell people with legitimate concerns and criticism to fuck off because you're now paying with it in blood (AKA subs leaving en masse)

Because if you told ME to fuck off, you can expect any remaining respect from me to go out the window.